Conan Exiles: Official PvP Server

Ump

Captain
Sep 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Umpfu
Hi all. Not been around much lately, but I also purchased Conan. I will look back through messages to see if I can find the server you all are on.

Edit...Umpfu on Steam.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Is this game free?

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
For those who might be wondering about official servers:
Conan Exiles had 3 official servers up for some testing this morning. It played like a dream. No lag, no rubber-banding, PvP and PvE was clean and crisp. Myself and a friend from Xist's group made a trek to the very NW part of the map and only had a single minuscule instance of rubber-banding. IMO, we won't see the official servers back up today, tomorrow is questionable at best, but any day after that - I think there's a good chance of getting them back up.

If you don't care about official servers, carry on. There are plenty of great private servers out there - especially the ones run by members of TEST or people affiliated with TEST. :)

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
i just wish this official server 195 would actually work and be online... every time i get on its not responding or says im running a different version than it...

ive started playing a little on a new pvp server. [US.Chicago] VanillaStats 24/7 PRPVP Fresh/No Wiping 162.253.226.60:7777 is the ip. its a chicago based rppvp server. seems to be fairly populated to. every time i get on there's always at least 4-7 players online in it. as we speak there is 9 of 60.

and server 195 its not responding...

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
@Adiran - the 195 server that Xist posted at the beginning of this thread is one of the official servers I mentioned just a bit ago. They're run by the CE devs but they had to change providers a few days ago. They brought all the old official servers back online a few days ago to pull their database information to migrate to the new servers. So that's why you saw it online a few days ago and couldn't connect.

ThunderKraken

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Thunder_Kraken
can't wait =D been playing single player and getting familiar with the game. Are hatchets like pointless? pretty much the pick axe does it all and harvests more

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
depends on what you want as to what you use.
you can get wood and bark using a pick. but you get more wood per swing and branches using a hatchet.
hatchets work for mining ore (somehow) but they take more damage from doing so.
i've noticed (personal experience don't know if its really true or not) that the hatchet gets more meat and pelts but pick gets more bones and pelts.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I've noticed hatchets get branches from trees...and those are super important for arrows.

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
then what server are we all playing on then?
other than the test pve one.
Xist's group has been using a random RP server to learn more and plan for when Official Server #195 comes back online (if it comes back online). We plan to go straight back to #195 (or another official server if they don't bring 195 back up) and immediately make a dash for the NW side of the map where one of the guys has done a fair amount of studying to find the perfect spot.

can't wait =D been playing single player and getting familiar with the game. Are hatchets like pointless? pretty much the pick axe does it all and harvests more
As Adiran & Grimbli said - you'll use the hatchet for gathering wood and branches (branches are fairly important as you progress for building various things) while you'll use the pickaxe for smaller amounts of wood and a chance to get bark (which is used to fuel the Tannery structure and turn hide into leather).

Takran

Admiral
Feb 8, 2016
RSI Handle
TakranG
Bark is an absolute asspain to farm, and you need a ton of it for leather, so I'd recommend using a stone pickaxe any time you're gathering wood (unless you're trying to get like 500 wood quickly). They really need to add a more efficient way to gather bark (maybe make the higher quality pickaxes get more of it instead of less).

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
ok well im messing around on the test pve server and learning the game lol.

so far i've built the Great Trump Wall. lol

And ive found a really good place to build for resources but without fortification and thralls to protect it when we are all offline its in high traffic area.one day ill have to head over to that side of the map and see whats there lol.

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
For those interested, SOME of the official servers will be brought back online today. They've also been testing the servers all day today bringing about 166 servers online for short periods of time. However, the server we were originally playing on (#195) was not among the servers being tested earlier, so it's possible that they will not be bringing ours back up. If that's the case, I imagine @Xist will post something about what server those of us playing with his group will go.

Read more here:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/440900/announcements/detail/579113052933850650

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
OP updated with a note that we might have to change from 195 to whatever new one is available.

Will update OP again once we make the decision.

Reactions: PSIcoh

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
UPDATE #2 [9-Feb] Servers are now coming up, slowly but surely. One of the devs said none of the official servers got wiped, so we're waiting for 195 to come up. Will update OP when more info is available.

OP updated

Forgot your password?