[CONCERN] What ship(s) do I need?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I guess the TL;DR of my response is...we need to have some organized play time where we can borrow ships from each other that we can test drive before we buy!
That being said: please make sure to add us/each other within Star Citizen. I've already added lots of ya TESTies, but for sure I have to fresh up the list. Looking to myself, coming from Europe GMT+1 time zone, I'm most of the time online when you are asleep. But for sure, if you've added me - just send me a short notice via pm - you can always "ping" me via ingame-chat.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
@NaffNaffBobFace
Will the Dragonfly be good as a fast scout or what do you have in mind?
Dragonfly will not have Quantum Drive and will not be able to take a hit in space. Ballistics bypass shields and being open-cockpit my 35mm cannon shells will turn your dragonfly pilot in to burger meat. No good.

If the Reclaimer has a Snub bay the P52 Merlin may be an option but again without Quantum you have to get your main ship in close which is risky if there is a Pirate force waiting to swarm you.

I would say a small single seater with a few guns for self defence, but importantly with speed to run away back to the main ship to warn and get away... and cheap helps as well.

The Mustang fits the above. You are not going to take out a squad of Pirate Hornets but you will definitely outrun them.

Zahina

Commander
Donor
Dec 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Zahina84
Dragonfly will not have Quantum Drive and will not be able to take a hit in space. Ballistics bypass shields and being open-cockpit my 35mm cannon shells will turn your dragonfly pilot in to burger meat. No good.

If the Reclaimer has a Snub bay the P52 Merlin may be an option but again without Quantum you have to get your main ship in close which is risky if there is a Pirate force waiting to swarm you.

I would say a small single seater with a few guns for self defence, but importantly with speed to run away back to the main ship to warn and get away... and cheap helps as well.

The Mustang fits the above. You are not going to take out a squad of Pirate Hornets but you will definitely outrun them.
Oh yeah...I forgot about the jump drive^^ Thx !

@AstroSam
Where from Europe ? I am from Germany

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Good Morning everyone !

@NaffNaffBobFace
Will the Dragonfly be good as a fast scout or what do you have in mind ?
If you want fast, with a high degree of electronics, the Herald is your ship. I love mine, it is fast like a shark, but turns like a whale. That being said, it is not a dog-fighter, it is a info-getter and a get the hell out of dodge speedster.

If you ever want to take one for a spin, lemme know, I will be glad to let you zip about in mine and see what you think.

That being said, if you do wish to go the Mustang route, I would suggest the Beta, it is the explorer version, supposed to be longer ranged, and has a small cabin in it for rest and relaxation. Also, only it and the Delta come stock with Jump Drives.

Last edited:

Zahina

Commander
Donor
Dec 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Zahina84
I already looked at the Herald ;)
Is it the better "info-getter" or "explorer" for adding to my Reclaimer as a salvaging fleet ?

Would love to take a spin with it^^

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
For not spidermanning @ratfeast s thread "What is your current fleet" I like to answer the question by @Zahina in this thread.
Corresponding post:

That being said: I *know* that one TESTie CAN'T have enough ships! But still, there are members who can't afford selling their house, car, goods and probably wife for buying an entire fleet - right? :grin:

To write an answer on Zahinas post: if the Reclaimer is the "ship of your dreams": afaik the Reclaimer has enough space to carry the salvage on her own; like the Orion does. Hence there is no need (theoretically) of an additional transporting vessel.

With the Carrack you already own an exploration vessel; but multicrew only. Suggestion: as the Warden is an expensive ship, probably melt her and buy a Freelancer DUR. With the lancer, you can explore singleplayer-based as well as trade a little bit during freetimes. For dogfighting-fun, try the Sabre and/or SuperHornet instead. Before doing that, think about renting some dogfighters and try them within AC.

/0.02$ Any other suggestions are most welcome, as well as other questions about the topic "is there any other ship I need?"... (always, right? Haha! :smile::thumbsup:)
All of them :slight_smile:

TLDR the whole the thread:
I still think the freelancer or on of its versions probably is going to be the best bang for the buck.
The cheaper version is the avenger titan.

Myself has a Freelancer DUR LTI + dragonfly game package

Last edited:

Zahina

Commander
Donor
Dec 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Zahina84
Alright guys...

I just bought me three Dragonfly Yellow Jackets Concept Sales with LTI...
One for myself and the other two as LTI Tokens for the option to upgrade ;)

So now I can melt my Warden + Carrack to use the Store Credits + Dragonfly LTIs to upgrade to maby these suckers here:

- Anvil Terrapin
- Freelancer Dur
- Misc Prospector
- Drake Herald

My current fleet is the following:

- Aegis Reclaimer
- Aegis Vanguard Warden
- Anvil Carrack

I really only want to focuse on salvaging and have the ability and flexability to also play solo and pre explore different areas/Jumppoints for salvageable ships, just to be sure that I will fly my Reclaimer in safe areas.

So let's get this staight now !

I need a Reclaimer - CHECK

I need a ship to pre explore future areas for salvageable spots - Terrapin / Dur / Herald / Mustang Beta ???

I need a fast small ship / ground vehicle to explore the area on a planet - CHECK (I will use one of my three Dragonflies)
- leads us to another import thing to be aware of --> I also need a ship with the cargo space for transporting alt least one Dragonfly and the ability to land on planets and it is not sure that the Reclaimer can land --> Seems like the best option here is the Freelancer Dur

I need a ship to play completely solo or max crew of two: Freelancer Dur - Terrapin - Prospector

I do not need a own fighter ship because at the time of release I'll have lot's of good TESTies who can secure me while I am salvaging :kissing_heart:

New fleet could be:

Reclaimer
Freelancer Dur
Terrapin
Prospector
Dragonfly

Yeah...I think this will be it !

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Okay so explorers that fit a dragonfly, well sadly the most soloable will be the dur (dam I said it) if you can stand its ugly van looks it probably works. Option 2 I would consider is the Aquila, whilst its probably soloable it is bigger but has the rover. Even though I am a terrapin fan it has no scope to carry anything at all so I would rule it out. There is one other possible side line ship and that's the cutlass red, 1) it has a sensor suite and 2) can carry a dragonfly but it might be that you need to change the type of the sensor suite for salvage work (this is unknown at this time).

The other thing to think about is that the reclaimer will have a sensor suite as well no idea what range. There will also quite likely be a prospector equivalent in the salvage line so always understand that new ships might come out that will you other options choices.

I have a prospector and whilst mining is different to salvage in mechanics strategically they do the same thing i.e. resource gather so maybe you do not want both?

Reclaimer for sure, some explorer with dragonfly or Aquila then maybe a ship for missions i.e. a more all-round better in combat ship.

Zahina

Commander
Donor
Dec 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Zahina84
Okay so explorers that fit a dragonfly, well sadly the most soloable will be the dur (dam I said it) if you can stand its ugly van looks it probably works. Option 2 I would consider is the Aquila, whilst its probably soloable it is bigger but has the rover. Even though I am a terrapin fan it has no scope to carry anything at all so I would rule it out. There is one other possible side line ship and that's the cutlass red, 1) it has a sensor suite and 2) can carry a dragonfly but it might be that you need to change the type of the sensor suite for salvage work (this is unknown at this time).

The other thing to think about is that the reclaimer will have a sensor suite as well no idea what range. There will also quite likely be a prospector equivalent in the salvage line so always understand that new ships might come out that will you other options choices.

I have a prospector and whilst mining is different to salvage in mechanics strategically they do the same thing i.e. resource gather so maybe you do not want both?

Reclaimer for sure, some explorer with dragonfly or Aquila then maybe a ship for missions i.e. a more all-round better in combat ship.
True !

The good thing is I can wait. We will see what ships will be available in sale for 3.0^^

Forgot your password?