Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So I just sent my aunt away in an ambulance. Delerious, cold sweats, chest pain, low grade fever. Never been in an ambulance before. I can't go see her but I'll be waiting to see what it is and see if they treat influenza or covid. Those would be my first guess unless its something more complicated.
Fingers are crossed for the best possible outcome for you, dude.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Fingers are crossed for the best possible outcome for you, dude.
Thanks man. She's never been like this. I've been the one who hasn't left the house in over 2 months, initially yelling at her not to go out, which she did literally every day. She said she wasn't worried and if she gets the virus, she gets the virus. I'll definitely be waiting to see what she says after this if she handles it alright. She's a tough lady.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thanks man. She's never been like this. I've been the one who hasn't left the house in over 2 months, initially yelling at her not to go out, which she did literally every day. She said she wasn't worried and if she gets the virus, she gets the virus. I'll definitely be waiting to see what she says after this if she handles it alright. She's a tough lady.
Good to hear she's a tough cookie, I've seen reports of people upwards of 106 years old getting through it so sounds like the cards are in her favor :like:

You need to talk any time we're right here, there is also the COVID-19 Buddy thread in General:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
They're thinking its bacterial and most likely admitting her, so its probably not COVID. Some stress off my shoulders at least, but still no bueno.
Good to hear it's likely something they know enough about to help with :)

• o7
Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Some world COVID-19 events from today 30th May:

UK - Politicians urge the 2 meter distancing rules to be reduced to 1.5 meters, to save the hospitality sector. Quite how this will keep people safe, or save the hospitality sector, isn't quite clear and the hospitality sector is currently totally shut down anyway.

Iran - Mosques reopen for worship, however observing social distancing precautions.

Italy - The Leaning Tower of Pisa reopens for visitors.

USA - Incumbent government of America indicates it will "Sever ties" with the World Health Organisation, however it is unclear if the scientific community of that country will be barred by/excluded from working with the WHO if the governance no longer wises to part of it.

India - Lockdown due to be eased on 8th June despite record cases.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Hurricanes, COVID, and riots oh my!

I keep trying to reload my last save point for a do over, but nothing happens, guess I have a corrupt file.

But in all seriousness, from the Memorial Day vacationers to the now ongoing riots we will see an increase again in cases here in the US. Might be due to testing but in AZ we seem to be having increasing numbers more than the last couple of months, but it could also be reporting style the makes the jump seem worse than it is.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Hurricanes, COVID, and riots oh my!

I keep trying to reload my last save point for a do over, but nothing happens, guess I have a corrupt file.

But in all seriousness, from the Memorial Day vacationers to the now ongoing riots we will see an increase again in cases here in the US. Might be due to testing but in AZ we seem to be having increasing numbers more than the last couple of months, but it could also be reporting style the makes the jump seem worse than it is.
Don't forget the military escalation and impeachment stuff in January. I'd be pushing it if I mentioned Australia still being on fire.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Don't forget the military escalation and impeachment stuff in January. I'd be pushing it if I mentioned Australia still being on fire.
Eventful year for a lot of other countries as well. Canada just had it's worst ever mass shooting recently. It's like this whole pandemic thing is bringing out all the crazies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I tell you what the second half of 2020 had better be friggin' fantastic or I'm going to be asking for a full refund and compensation.

World COVID reports from today Sunday 31st of May:

UK - hundreds of revelers attend a party in London, with no observation of the social distancing rules. It appears the Senior Adviser to the prime minister breaking the rules has had a much more profound effect than many realised.

Brazil - Record rise of over 33,000 cases in one day.

Spain - Prime minister seeks two week extension on their state of national emergency.

USA - President Trump to postpone G7 meeting in face of corona virus, as Germany drops out amid concerns.

Kenya - Flooding so extreme the like of it has not been seen in years piles pressure on a population already hit hard by COVID-19 and swarms of locusts.

Israel - 65% of new start-up small businesses expect to fail in the next 6 months.

UAE - The capital to be cordened off with access granted via permit, and travel between districts to be restricted for a week to control spread.

UK - hundreds of protesters attend a rally in London, with no observation of the social distancing rules. It appears the death of George Floyd has had a much more profound effect than many realised.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I tell you what the second half of 2020 had better be friggin' fantastic or I'm going to be asking for a full refund and compensation.

World COVID reports from today Sunday 31st of May:
It helps to read the fine print. I used a microscope set to 900X magnification to read what it says. It looks like it says,
🖕 2020 is guaranteed not to rent, pit, tear, rust, corrode, or fall apart until January 1, 2020.​
🖕 Please submit all refund requests to the nearest toilet after the refund period has elapsed.​
... It seems our warranty has expired.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It helps to read the fine print. I used a microscope set to 900X magnification to read what it says. It looks like it says,
[Please submit all refund requests to the nearest toilet after the refund period has elapsed.]
... It seems our warranty has expired.
I'm still going to deposit my feedback in the pan to see if I get a response.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
UK - hundreds of protesters attend a rally in London, with no observation of the social distancing rules. It appears the death of George Floyd has had a much more profound effect than many realised.
I think Floyd's death is a catalyst but hardly the main cause.

You have a population that's already disenfranchised. Throw in a pandemic with a side seasoning of poverty, hunger, desperation and you have a tinderbox ready to ignite. @Jolly_Green_Giant is right. Global quarantine measures have taken it's toll on populations everywhere but it's especially exacerbated among groups that are less able to see through this because they're poorer and sicker.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
So I just sent my aunt away in an ambulance. Delerious, cold sweats, chest pain, low grade fever. Never been in an ambulance before. I can't go see her but I'll be waiting to see what it is and see if they treat influenza or covid. Those would be my first guess unless its something more complicated.
They're thinking its bacterial and most likely admitting her, so its probably not COVID. Some stress off my shoulders at least, but still no bueno.
shit man, that sucks
hope she gets better soon
and in the meantime, at least it's not covid, eh?

Forgot your password?