Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
Update from myself, after showing symptoms ( cough, hot cold fever and in her own words " it feels like ive smoked 100 cigs" chest tightness- she does not smoke) my partner in her late 30's has tested positive for COVID, we got the confirmation today.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Update from myself, after showing symptoms ( cough, hot cold fever and in her own words " it feels like ive smoked 100 cigs" chest tightness- she does not smoke) my partner in her late 30's has tested positive for COVID, we got the confirmation today.
How long have symptoms being showing?

Anything to be concerned about yet?

Heal fast!

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
How long have symptoms being showing?

Anything to be concerned about yet?

Heal fast!
Showing since Saturday just gone, started with chest tightness and coughing which escalated more on Sunday ( test day) with fevers and increase in coughing and chest tightness. She is in the vulnerable category as she takes autoimmune suppressants for a newly diagnosed disease.

Today doesn't appear any worse or better so it's just consistent at the moment.
Thank you

Reactions: ColdDog and Vavrik

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Showing since Saturday just gone, started with chest tightness and coughing which escalated more on Sunday ( test day) with fevers and increase in coughing and chest tightness. She is in the vulnerable category as she takes autoimmune suppressants for a newly diagnosed disease.

Today doesn't appear any worse or better so it's just consistent at the moment.
Thank you
I guess that is good news that its not getting worse!

Please keep us informed!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Sincerest thanks for sharing with us, sending good wishes to your household for a speedy recovery. Please keep us informed, but only if you want to :like:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
COVID Catharsis Corner - Reports from around the world from today, Tuesday 29th September:

- World: 33,431,133 confirmed cases and 1,003,168 confirmed deaths.

- World: Passes the sad milestone of 1 million souls lost to COVID-19.

- US: In the face of rising confirmed cases, people in New York to be fined for not wearing masks. First a free mask will be offered, if it is refused a fine will be issued.

- UK: Announces 7,143 new daily cases, the highest yet - however statisticians argue as testing methodologies are not the same as in the first wave (for most of wave 1 testing was only available to the sick in hospital) it is not an indication that Wave 2 is further along than any specific point in Wave 1.

- Netherlands: Reports record rise in daily cases.

- Russia: Daily cases rise 8,232, the highest since June.

- Spain: Officially extends its Furlough scheme to until the end of January.

- Czech Republic: As cases surge government indicates it is to issue a new state of emergency.

- Belgium: Bans prostitution in the hopes it will help stem the tide of rising cases.

- US: Reports claim White House pressured CDC in to complying with calls to reopen schools and the economy.

- Singapore: Singapore Airlines announces it's "Flights To Nowhere" plan has been abandoned amid concerns of emissions generated for no good reason.

Reactions: ColdDog and Vavrik

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
I know this is scary... from someone whos in laws near 80 had it and survived... early detection is the key. Thank you for sharing and my good thoughts are with you. Hang in there!

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHv1Z8gZYXw

Lol... insanity. BLM in Malborne gets a pass, everyone else does not. This is INSANE.

There is common sense, normal people and there are the crazy people. Censorious.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiqDZlAZygU
The BLM protest was in June when we were not under stage 4 lockdown. Look at the number of cases per day at that time.

Please compare apples with apples and don't bias data based on political opinion.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
An update from this side of the world, the president of the Australian Medical Association has said about a vaccine

"The reality is that's going to take many, many more months and we wouldn't be surprised if it's even not next year."

"Therefore it's critical all our policy decisions, all our preparations are for what happens if the vaccine doesn't happen or if it's delayed rather than hoping that we perhaps get a vaccine early next year."

"Why not plan for the worst-case scenario and get our society ready for either living with COVID or at least living with the risk of COVID? That means locking in a certain level of restrictions that all our states and territories agree on."

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
The BLM protest was in June when we were not under stage 4 lockdown. Look at the number of cases per day at that time.
Let me make this as clear as possible... where people arrested (yes/no)? Do they have a right to protest (yes/no)? Are there different standards based on messaging (yes/no)? If they do not like masks - as tax payers - do they have the right to protest overreach by the government (yes/no)? This is about control, nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Wq7Aeo1uc

Last edited:

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Let me make this as clear as possible... where people arrested (yes/no)? Do they have a right to protest (yes/no)? Are there different standards based on messaging (yes/no)? If they do not like masks - as tax payers - do they have the right to protest overreach by the government (yes/no)? This is about control, nothing more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Wq7Aeo1uc
A state of disaster has been called. Protests are illegal under stage 4 lock-down. This has nothing to do with messaging, BLM protests are also illegal under our current restrictions.

Of course it's about control, the alternative is 200,000 deaths and counting.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon

From the guardian - no wonder people are pissed off.

From midnight on 27 September, you may exercise up to two hours a day in total, split into a maximum of two sessions.

Outdoor recreation must be within 5km of home or permitted work, up to two hours a day total, split into a maximum of two sessions.

Uh...ha... yeah... I'm sure dead people are going to be lining the streets - yes I said it. If ebola with a 90% death rate had the contagian factor that COVID-19 has... then you would have dead people all around. Can your system handle the influx (yes/no)? If no, then your running scared and in a state of panic.

This reads like something Stalin/Linin would put out. I am sure your decision makers will come to regret their decisions in the future... just like locking down the US.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
This reads like something Stalin/Linin would put out. I am sure your decision makers will come to regret their decisions in the future... just like locking down the US.
I don't think that will be the case, culturally AU and the US are quite different on this topic. See the study linked above.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Holy hell, Ebola has a 90% fatality rate?!

I'd love to see your source for that I thought it was only 50%?
The death rate has varied from 25 to 90%, with the average around 50%. The infection rate is low and tends to be localized, which takes it off of most people's radar.
your source:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Best of luck to you and your partner. I hope she has a quick and complete recovery...

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The death rate has varied from 25 to 90%, with the average around 50%. The infection rate is low and tends to be localized, which takes it off of most people's radar.
your source:
Many thanks, appreciate it. That exaplains why I thought it was 50%, it's the average.

I suppose technically we were both right but both wrong too. :like:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
COVID Catharsis Corner - Reports from around the world from today, Wednesday 30th of September:

- World: 33,719,865 confirmed cases and 1,009,349 confirmed deaths.

- US: Another study, this time on health workers by the University of Pennsylvania, shows hydroxychloroquine has no effect on COVID-19.

- Disney: Disney to lay off 28k "domestic" staff, unclear if this is domestic as in the US or domestic as in housekeeping.

- Sell: Oil giant to lay off 9k staff as oil demand slumps.

- Italy: Senate suspended as two test positive.

- US: Study reveals historically black collages and universities have a lower COVID infection rate as the students are better at following the requirements of social distancing and wearing masks, apparently starkly aware of the disproportionate number of BAME victims of the virus.

- EU: Warns members to monitor for outbreaks of Avian Flu, which while not easily transmitted from species to species may sneak in under the cover of the COVID crisis.

- UK: 200 University of Coventry students hold a mass party in Student Accommodation breaching the 6 person cap by some 200 people. Police intervention was required, with the university installing more security to crack down on further incursions.

- EU: A number of countries still seeing record surges, including Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine and the Netherlands.

- UK: Reports indicate some ventilators bought during the first wave were surplus to requirement and have not been used, just sitting in storehouses. I don't think this is a bad thing - better over-prepared than under and grief knows the UK have been on the back-foot for long enough.

- Germany: Brings in new restrictions with the leader of the country addressing the nation asking them to continue acting patiently and obeying the rules.

Forgot your password?