Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
UK fatalities now at 53. The number of positive tests is 1543 but there are no tests being carried out on persons displaying symptoms enough to self isolate but not go to hospital, so that number means next to nothing in regards to scope and spread - There is zero clue beyond cases admitted to and tested in hospital.

Government has now released list of initial measures to implement social distancing including working from home where one can and discouraging mass gatherings amongst other things.

It has been stated the UK is only "three weeks" away from an Italy situation which can't help but make one feel any advantage the country had has been squandered, however they still stand by their statement that they will only implement measures when the time is right in attempt to avoid a second wave, whatever that means. Schools staying open for now.

There has been backtracking on the whole "Herd Immunity" thing, stating it was never part of the plan and statements were misinterpreted however it totally appears to be what was said in the first instances with all the use of the words "herd" and "immunity".

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Omg. They're locking down San Francisco? Can this be true?
"The City will legally prohibit residents from leaving their homes except to meet basic needs including visiting the doctor, or buying groceries or medicine, until at least April 7, Mayor London Breed announced Monday. "

Sounds fine to me, just go out for necessities.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
So turns out my job has a plan for if one of us drivers get infected. They'll give us an extra pool of PTO while we're sick if we have a positive test for COVID 19...now to find a test somewhere in the US, that could be a problem...

But honestly, that's better than I could hope for and a lot better than most people are getting when they're out. This is really going to screw a lot of people. I wonder if the government will do some sort of stimulus package for people?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Damn you and your hording of pancake dressing!
Lol, maple beer: pancake dressing of choice!
Was talking to the liqueur store owner tonight. I asked if it had been slow... he said heck no! Everybody is worried about liqueur stores closing so, they're hording the bud light :)
Bud light - I said beer, not yellow water. Hahahaha.

I'm all seriousness, last week wifey and I grabbing beer so we wouldn't have to go out. Today we hear people are finally packing the liquor stores. What the fuck took them so long? Ha

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
So turns out my job has a plan for if one of us drivers get infected. They'll give us an extra pool of PTO while we're sick if we have a positive test for COVID 19...now to find a test somewhere in the US, that could be a problem...

But honestly, that's better than I could hope for and a lot better than most people are getting when they're out. This is really going to screw a lot of people. I wonder if the government will do some sort of stimulus package for people?
I'm fortunate I guess. My job is allowing us to stay home with regular pay without having to use our PTO if we get the symptoms and have to isolate. But I also just got a tip that we may all be working from home soon anyway.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Forgot your password?