Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Me too, Shaun and Faisal were my jab guys and they did a stellar job, I just feel the experience could of been heightened by a hot tub
Aye, my three visits to that hub were all smooth sailing but yes, a hot tub would have been the icing on the event. Nice to know they have been able to use techniques like this to soothe people who would not be able to face a needle otherwise. Hopefully a non-needle technique will come along soon to help those even a hot tub can't soothe.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Maybe read the article first. ... ... Good you read it then? ...

So yes, there are things that can be done so you would qualify for that kind of treatment. I think some of the brain surgeries they did back in the 50's and 60's might work. It's a lot easier if you're just born with autism though, the surgeries like that are kind of hit and miss and you really don't want to be on the side of a miss.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Maybe read the article first. ... ... Good you read it then? ...
I point you toward the disclaimer on every Corner:

*claims made by headlines or articles are those of the outlets and have not been independently verified, or in some cases even read, by myself.

That said, yes I did read that one I think we were being more of the cheeky scamp scale than the incensed at the injustice of not getting a hot tub scale. :like:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
COVID Corner - Some reports from some news outlets* from today, Sunday 23nd of January 2022:
*claims made by headlines or articles are those of the outlets and have not been independently verified, or in some cases even read, by myself.

- World: Global Confirmed 349,992,55 Global Deaths 5,593,886

- New Zealand: 'Such is life': NZ Prime Minister calls off wedding

- UK: Two arrests over 'intimidation' on anti-vax march

- UK: Wales could recruit non-jabbed English NHS staff

- Russia: Russia breaks daily case total for third day in a row

- WHO: WHO official cautions Omicron will not be the last variant of note

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Aye, my three visits to that hub were all smooth sailing but yes, a hot tub would have been the icing on the event. Nice to know they have been able to use techniques like this to soothe people who would not be able to face a needle otherwise. Hopefully a non-needle technique will come along soon to help those even a hot tub can't soothe.
I remember I got my flu "shot" a couple times via nasal spray.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
COVID Corner - Some reports from some news outlets* from today, Tuesday 25th of January 2022:

- World: Global Confirmed 356,366,271 Global Deaths 5,609,576

- US: U.S. Confirmed 71,757,900

- Vaccines: Pfizer-BioNTech start trials of new Omicron jab

- UK: Prime Minister birthday event held in No 10 during lockdown

- UK: A million pupils out of school as Covid worsens

- UK: Met police investigating Downing Street parties, says Cressida Dick

- US: US to distribute 400m free N95 masks to pharmacies and health centres

- Italy: Italy's daily cases more than double in a day to 186,740

- Long COVID: Long Covid: doctors find ‘antibody signature’ for patients most at risk

- World: Inflation and Omicron will dent world growth in 2022, says IMF

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Hang on, we're going for a ride. Includes the US too.

Technical shit below. Stuff = News behind the news, all this is way over your average journalist's head.
--------------------------
Also, berried in the news is a story from the CDC in the US saying that people with a natural COVID infection AND having at least 2 but preferably 3 COVID jabs is like a firewall to the virus. I have seen the PDF of the study, but the data is very hard to read, as is the CDC's norm - it missed giving the order of these events or saying that there is or is not a significant delta between different orders of shot/jab vs infection. I suspect they couldn't figure that out, or it is based on COVID up to Delta.

There are also scientists trying to figure out how Omicron came - seemingly out of the blue. There are 2 versions as of yesterday, a B.1 (similar origin to what's been infecting us, but we've never seen this before.) And B.2, which appears to be a human adaptation, but has a lot of questions too. Scientists have identified the marker for this over other COVID versions is a deletion of a previously identified insertion that all B.1 versions of the virus have - so it is possible to test for it specifically by looking for the deletion.

There's a bit more. Other scientists are looking at human genetics to see if there is a predictor for what COVID will do. It's just that there is an odd cluster of genetic origin in people who have required hospitalization and/or have died of COVID to date.

• Glorious
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Ok, can we move onto the next variant or are we done? :D
It's not done, not yet. We are still in a pandemic, and the unvaccinated are doing their part to help that along faster, which might ultimately help the rest of us.
But the next phase (we hope) is an endemic infection, which can spend anywhere between a year and a few million years randomly mutating to become part of our ecosystem. what we might have just seen is a likely scenario for how the first Coronavirus strains infected our ancestors 5 or 10 million years ago.

OR

I mean it's a mindless molecule package that likes to replicate in actual cells. We can't control them and we certainly don't know that the next mutation won't be the next best thing to an extinction event. It can get that bad. Or not. Who knows.

(Consider Ebola is a virus with a 90% death rate in humans and other apes, and those that survive it are not exactly unscathed. Nothing stops a coronavirus from doing that too, except they don't seem to be familiar with the Ebola's story. Fortunately Ebola doesn't seem to do well outside of a very limited range)

Forgot your password?