Crusader Spirit

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If the C comes with the extended range of a freighter, this might make a decent 2 -3 man pathfinder. Certainly with that cargo and an S3 tractor there is some salvage capability.

I think it's a welcome addition in a space where we ought to have ships of every manufacturer. Will it be fast? Probably faster than the MSR. Will it be stealthy? We'll see.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
i just noticed it, and almost immediately I just knew I had to snatch up a few CCUs. it's a sexy looking ship.

I expect it to be Cutlass-sized with a Freelancer-like layout.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
For those who are considering getting a Spirit, instead of buying one outright - with IAE close and the associated WB CCU's likely to be available (Plus the choice of loan ship if you want the E1), as well as other ships you may want the funds for - you might want to consider buying STV's in their place.

You can allocate one for the CCU chain (LTI token) and melt the other (or if planning to hold out until the Spirit you want is released, only buy one and melt it - you can buy it back closer to the release of the Spirit's).
You can then use credits from melting for:
$10 Cutlass Black\Hawk\M50 to C1
$5 Razor to E1 (If wanting A1 or E1)
$5 Khartu-Al\Sabre to A1 (if after A1)

You then have $25 (C1), $20 (E1), or $15 (A1) credits as well as locked in prices for each step which should lead to extra savings in the future.

This, of course, is simply a suggestion and not a recommendation, but it may be worth thinking about.

Last edited:

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Hard to choose one though, they all look pretty good.
Naw, I think these are pretty easy to delineate this time. Unsure/cheap go C1 all day long. E1 you pay the premium for the windows. I mean there's no gameplay for it yet, but good windows should NOT be underestimated! Single best perk of the Phoenix and why I actually use it a lot. Pretty much the ONLY ship I don't alt-tab away from during a cross-system QT jump and instead get up from the seat and just truly enjoy the interior. E1 will surely do the same, so if you spend a lot of time jumping around, IMO this one's the clear winner. And then A1 has nothing else going for it except for bombs, but it's the ONLY sub-$750 ship to HAVE bombs. I think this makes it pretty simple: if you like bombs, then A1. If you're not interested in bombs, then NOT A1!

Lexendary

Rear Admiral
Nov 23, 2021
RSI Handle
Lexendary
I wasn't going to spend any more money on concept ships... Damn you CIG, I'm really fighting not to buy this one. I love my MSR but sometimes I just want a hop-around freighter.
i got the very same issue, i think im just gonna ccu and get a c1..i really like the crusader brand. and my msr is just a tad to big sometimes

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Interesting and fairly short comparison of the Spirit’s specs on ‘paper’ to the Cutty and the Lancer.
British reviewer so prices compared in £s not $s, and I think it’s a little unfair to compare the current price of a ship on initial concept sale (it may not be flight ready for years) with the prices of two ships that you can fly now and have both been flyable for years. But I agree with the overall sentiments here - decent design, decent price point, a nice alternative to some existing ships and definitely has room to exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vavrik

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
now that he points out that the rear door doesn't fit a lot of vehicles through - the appeal is a bit diminished... but I'm still gonna try it out. I see it as a nice option for those who want to carry a dragonfly or ROC, maybe a greycat racing buggy.

actually, come to think of it, Normandy Spirit owners should probably grab a greycat racer to go along with the Normandy Spirit.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
now that he points out that the rear door doesn't fit a lot of vehicles through - the appeal is a bit diminished...
I mean neither does the freelancer or cutlass?

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I kind of doubt it will even fit a ROC. It looks like the ramp door might not be high enough. But I'm ok with that.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
now that he points out that the rear door doesn't fit a lot of vehicles through - the appeal is a bit diminished... but I'm still gonna try it out. I see it as a nice option for those who want to carry a dragonfly or ROC, maybe a greycat racing buggy.

actually, come to think of it, Normandy Spirit owners should probably grab a greycat racer to go along with the Normandy Spirit.
Well, technically, since the Cutlass ramp is trapezoidal not rectangular, the Cyclone doesn't fit there either. The Collison mesh is more rectangular so the Cyclone can get onto the ramp, where is shouldn't be capable of doing that.

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
I picked up the A1 and the E1. I had no need for the C1, so passed. I like the idea of the light bomber and small executive transport, and both have a place in my fleet.

Reactions: BUTUZ and Vavrik

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Great review. BTW, other reviewers have asserted mightily that all three versions do indeed include 4 beds, a toilet and kitchenette, so we'll see.

I have long wanted a whip with more room than the Vanguard, but more speed and agility than the Lancer and Cutty, and with some cargo. Looks like this is it. My guess is this is not a shabby dogfighter in a pinch--probably better than the Lancer or Cutty. More importantly though is the ability to house 1-4 players in a small group with a couple Force X1's and a dragonfly and yet still have room for cargo and salvage. If this has anything like the crazy high range of the MSR (which is my guess for the C1), it will make a decent explorer.

Trouble is I don't expect we'll see this anytime soon. CIG is still concepting ships much faster than they bring them to game, made much worse by the fact they never release ships with all their features intact, which is an unsustainable financial policy they need to rectify.

Reactions: Shiwaz and Vavrik

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
but it does. I've seen a cyclone get into a cutlass before. try it yourself. I'd say the collision is quite right.
The front "wheels" are further apart than the end of the ramp, at least last time I checked.

Forgot your password?