Crusader Spirit

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Q&A is up - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/18947-Q-A-Crusader-Spirit

Edit: One question in particular stands out to me . The answer here seems to indicate that it will actually have some ability to dogfight. When taken into context with the announced flight changes these could become fun ships to fly. John Crewe made the statement that they had increased the agility of medium and heavy fighters; it's reasonable to assume these changes will also be applied to similar sized ships to maintain CIG's 'hierarchy'.

Looking at the stats of the Freelancer and the Cutlass Black, the Spirit seems to be in the low-end equipment-wise (shields, firepower, cargo capacity, defense capabilities). Is this ship going to keep up with the high-speed capabilities of Crusader? How does the speed and maneuverability of the Spirit compare to ships of similar size/role, such as the Cutlass and the Freelancer?
Just like other Crusader ships, the Spirit will be more maneuverable than its size would normally dictate, allowing it to run a lower component loadout whilst still being effective.

Last edited:

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Yes! If the C1 will carry a Cyclone-sized or smaller vehicle, look what else fits, and comfortably enough that driving it in and out of the C1's vehicle bay all day shouldn't be much of a hassle:

1666254247658.png

I quite enjoyed ROC mining in my MSR for a while. I mean, apart from all the same random bugs and despawning and random dying and frustration and occasional griefing and so on that everybody puts up with. C1 plus ROC is a NICE combo, especially as the C1 can also store some of your Hadenite between runs (if it doesn't despawn first).

Incidentally, since ROC mining can be a longer activity than some, worth mentioning there does seem to be a solution to that. I'll post it in another thread.

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
As mentioned in my introductory post I did circle these forums for a while before deciding to crash/smack/dive right in.
And threads like this are the reason. How can you guys talk about the Crusader Spirit range of ships in all details and not a one mentions the MixMaster on the E1!
I mean yeah I get the importance of speed, manouverability, SCU and armament.
But just imagine!
Stepping out of your ship in front of that bunker with a vodka martini in hand. Stirred, not shaken.
Heading towards that diplomatic meeting with a cup of earl gray at the ready.
Or a Pangalactic Gargleblaster to toast your coronation as galactic president!
The possibilities are endless!
Plus that Olympia paint practically screams Test Squadron.
The only downside is that the loaner is kinda useless. So i think I have to hold on to the C1 and upgrade once the MixMaster is actually in game.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
With the confirmation today that the Spirit is in active development (no word on whether all, or only certain models) that is scheduled to finish in June next year, I now have to decide whether to acquire one in the last few days it is available, or to rely on CCU's to acquire one in the future and save the funds in the hope something that will be of more use to me appears during IAE.

Why did they have to release these so close to IAE?

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
With the confirmation today that the Spirit is in active development (no word on whether all, or only certain models) that is scheduled to finish in June next year, I now have to decide whether to acquire one in the last few days it is available, or to rely on CCU's to acquire one in the future and save the funds in the hope something that will be of more use to me appears during IAE.

As an off-the-cuff answer, they might be thinking that the Corsair will be a much bigger $$ draw... and all the Spirits are of course at a lower price point, making CCU's very tempting.

The FOMO is strong with this one...

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
The FOMO Got me on the Spirit Line... Also I just love Crusader ships. Hate Crusader but love the ships. I plan of using the E1 and picking some point in the verse and treating myself to 1st class accommodations sitting in the passenger deck while the ship "Autopilots" me to now where.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

A halfway house is get a cheap CCU now and sit on it. I have done that with the Starfarer Gemini.

Forgot your password?