Crypto discussion

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Having a financial system apart and separate from traditional finance was something I thought was good. When stock markets dropped, money could go into crypto for safety, it made sense. We saw that early on, bitcoin was the "store of value" like gold. Obviously that is a meme at this point, but originally it looked that way.

But then traditional finance started stepping in, creating indexes, funds and futures to allow their clients to participate in crypto and now the stock market and crypto markets move the same way!

Defi has been a fascinating development these past few years, there is a lot of junk out there, but times like this filter away the bad and the good projects rise up.
The way I see it....it's basically just another Security these days. Crypto ebbs and flows with the general market. It wasn't the case in the past.

When traditional finance stepped in....I thought the gig was up. Luna's demise was rumoured to be a calculated attack by big players. Possibly hedge funds or the like.

At the very least I hope Luna falling apart makes folks reassess their holdings. Perhaps devs of legitimate projects will shore up their vulnerabilities.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't know what this means or if it'll effect anyone anywhere ever but here is a thig that has happened:

Is is the same as a bank collapseing?

Reactions: Radegast74

Freak0

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 31, 2019
RSI Handle
Freako_0
I have a few HNT miners (Bobcat 300's) sitting in my office if anybody wants to make an offer :b . I paid $525.00 for each and waited 6 months for them to arrive. They arrived just after the crypto winter kicked off. Oof.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Freak0

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 31, 2019
RSI Handle
Freako_0
is mining with Eth going to POS still a thing?
I'm really not an expert on crypto ... yet. For example, I still need to add the OS to a mini computer I bought so I can stake Flux and maybe some PRE nodes. I also bought a physical VPN that mines DPR so I can have more than one HNT miner in my house and limit volume impacts. I hobby mine!

So, when it comes to ETH ... I think that depends on who you talk with. As Eth merges with beacon chain, those miners will allow staking of ETH to create a secure network. (that is my understanding). Those stakes will earn rewards similar to how the miners worked with POW in place for 1.0. I believe the merge to 2.0 was to increase scalability and efficiency of the network. I guess the question is if a miner earned up to 32 ETH to allow for staking in the merged network? That's what ... almost 40K USD to create a stake-node? I think the merger will wash out and limit the race to add miners to the network. Only strong hands need apply .....

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Too late eth mining is gone. Dead. Byebye.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I don't know what this means or if it'll effect anyone anywhere ever but here is a thig that has happened:

Is is the same as a bank collapseing?
Ditto, too old to be cool, so I need all this stuff explained to be...what does this mean?

Although, I will admit, the former CEO & whiz-kid did a pretty good job "explaining" it in this old video I posted earlier...we need a new video, "where did the infinite money go?" lol
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6nAxiym9oc

Reactions: Vavrik

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Too late eth mining is gone. Dead. Byebye.
This is pretty much my feeling on all crypto these days. I mean, if I can't buy digital Star Citizen spaceships with it, then isn't that the *definition* of worthless? USD, EUR, GPB, CAD, AUS, all that stuff CAN buy me more spaceships, so that's where I'm parking all my currency these days!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hows everyone doing in cryto land nowadays? Still mining a little bit here. I'll always mine a bit to heat my house, it's cold outside.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
OMG... two proxy wars, diesel prices above 4.00 {in case you didn't know - your milk and egg prices are tied to it), people hating Jews, property values through the roof, oh, and on the ballot has 5 million dollar project for fucking theater - like we need another center when we have one 5 miles down the road in Boulder. Civilization has lost its mind and it's not going to change until someone puts their foot down. I have $1000 in crypto managing it like any normal investment and it's not worth shit. You vote for what you get - idiot idealists. I'd rather have a crazy orange man in charge who is at least thinking about the population and world - most importantly, not stupid. Instead, we get slogans for the destruction. Can it get worse, yes, you can have a battlefield in your front yard - it can happen.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't think you're wrong.
Welcome to TEST! a strange first post but we've had stranger including mine!

Why not drop by Members Introduction so we can get to know you better and give you a proper welcone?

Reactions: Garonman

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Welcome to TEST! a strange first post but we've had stranger including mine!

Why not drop by Members Introduction so we can get to know you better and give you a proper welcone?
What have I taught you over the years??!?!?

Are my words meaningless to you?!?! :D

When you a random ass post on a dead thread says something random, with no valid RSI handle....

What is it 99.9% of the time?

• Glorious

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This is pretty much my feeling on all crypto these days. I mean, if I can't buy digital Star Citizen spaceships with it, then isn't that the *definition* of worthless? USD, EUR, GPB, CAD, AUS, all that stuff CAN buy me more spaceships, so that's where I'm parking all my currency these days!
But since this thread has been resurrected, I think the timing is actually good.

Notice how nobody is talking about it?

But you can bet your Spacebux that when Bitcoin hits $100k, everybody will be talking about it and buying the highs.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What have I taught you over the years??!?!?

Are my words meaningless to you?!?! :D

When you a random ass post on a dead thread says something random, with no valid RSI handle....

What is it 99.9% of the time?
It's potential!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Just to give you guys an idea of what is about to happen...

ETF fund inflows are about to hit all time record highs. Couple that with the halvening happening in April, there is a move happening that will be making headlines and getting your Aunt and random people on the bus talking about crypto again very soon.

1708019054039.png

Forgot your password?