D&D coming soon

NecroKnight

Lieutenant
Dec 27, 2015
RSI Handle
NecroKnight
You going to go the whole nine with Forgotten Realms and play in AD&D?

When i played we played exclusively in the Forgotten Realms because my DM was huge into the books. I've read all the Drizzt stuff and some of the other stories, so I would totally be interested in getting involved with some D&D goodness. Mind you I haven't played any of the new rule sets. I still think THAC0 is a thing.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
we using ROLL20 or something ? just send me details when and where and what version to create characters with and what rules and any exceptions etc and Im there.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
The whole spellplague thing and all the adjustments they made to the realms to make it 4th edition friendly killed Forgotten Realms for me. The Time of Troubles was a lot more fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Mooch

Lieutenant
May 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ThatMoochy121
Yes roll 20 well it's up to poeple i was going to use the 5E campaigns which i believe are forgotten realms or are set in that world.

NecroKnight

Lieutenant
Dec 27, 2015
RSI Handle
NecroKnight
Yes roll 20 well it's up to poeple i was going to use the 5E campaigns which i believe are forgotten realms or are set in that world.
Well if you know the lore you can easily just move the rule set over to match any edition. You may have to modify encounters and some key npcs but with a little time isn't hard.

If you're trying to set sonething during the time of troubles is when things get wonky.

Mooch

Lieutenant
May 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ThatMoochy121
Well if you know the lore you can easily just move the rule set over to match any edition. You may have to modify encounters and some key npcs but with a little time isn't hard.

If you're trying to set sonething during the time of troubles is when things get wonky.
hmmm yes true, i'm pretty new to 5e too i was playing at 3.5 but i believe we should definitly get something going in that world i love salvatores novels, i just want to bring it alive for people that never experienced them. Also at work bit pissed :D :D

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
If I can throw in my two cents, I've been DMing for about 12 years now, I've been running 5e for about 6 months (jumped from AD&D to 3e, 3.5, Pathfinder, now 5e, limited experience with 4e). I've got all the core books and two active campaigns running. I'd love to get in on a game and I'd be able to help with rules when questions come up though I'm not a rule monger or a number cruncher. I'd prefer to play than run though, as I'm running the other two games and I could use a break at running lol. 5E is based in the forgotten realms from the very first core book, the only side book is also a sword coast adventurers guide which is the only book I don't own, I will be picking it up soon so if you're forgotten realms then 5e is right away for you :) I'm also fairly experienced at Roll20 and have a pro account paid for, I know how to set up and use the layering and dynamic lighting which realy make the game awesome. Somebody email me leviclark117 at gmail dot com, have to write it up that way sorry wont let me post my email straight.

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Harbinger

Captain
Aug 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Harbinger_Test
If you're okay with relatively new to pen and paper players, I'm up for D&D :D

Only ever played one session of 3.5 like 4 years ago but my group never found time to get back together, as we were 6 people on the same staff of like, 10-11 people. But I've since watched a handful of P&P RPG campaigns on youtube/twitch and get the general idea, but just have to get used to playing/talking in character lol.

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
So is this game still going? I've gotten hooked into D&D again and picked up the 5E PHB a couple weeks ago. I've been playing a game on Roll20 but I need more... So I'm looking for another game.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
So is this game still going? I've gotten hooked into D&D again and picked up the 5E PHB a couple weeks ago. I've been playing a game on Roll20 but I need more... So I'm looking for another game.
yea it like never kicked off. Theres a curse in TEST Squadron. If your saying your going to host a DnD game on ROLL 20 it means your going to probably level log on again in TEST and avoid everyone like the plague... Think we're down to the 6th time it's happened. At one point I said I was going to start a campaign - and swear to god, no one joined ! Gave them a date and everything, worked on it for a month. Just as a TEST I spent months not bringing it up, wondering if anyone would even mention it... nope. Its sooo strange.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
The OP was last signed on, to TEST forums and Discord, right after this thread too. Has NOT been back. click his name, and view "last seen"

I swear.. theres a Curse!

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
Well I'm here not sure if there is a way to add friends on Roll20 but my name is the same there as it is here.

Forgot your password?