D&D coming soon

Lockhearts

Commander
Oct 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Lockhearts
I've always been interested in D&D but never found anyone to play with near me, I know of that Roll20 but haven't really tried it before.
Also I don't know if you guys watch Critical Role, but that's such a great show :D

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
I've always been interested in D&D but never found anyone to play with near me, I know of that Roll20 but haven't really tried it before.
Also I don't know if you guys watch Critical Role, but that's such a great show :D
I found Critical Role... I binge watched for a week or so. Got all caught up only to be met with the two week hiatus. Life is cruel.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I enjoy DnD, but I've got another group I play pretty regularly with and my schedule is normally so erratic and out of whack with other people that it's damned hard to actually make it to sessions. Even digital ones.

Mastersurbris

Lieutenant
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
surbris
Im in. i also have white wolf books for magi - would love to play d&d let us know what paperwork there is so we can fill it out and post to forums before we start.

long live d$d , funoins, and booz d&d here i come

O

Omusul

Haven't not played AD&D in about 28 odd years
last time I played I had a lvl 44 Gray Elf Ranger.
So if you have room count me in please. I will need to make a new character up but all good :D

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
I have no idea how to play DnD...how hard is it to pick up?
The new 5th Edition is really pretty easy to pick up. Once you get your character made most of the time you can just tell the DM(person running the game) what you want to do and they will tell you how to do it. Like " I want to go over and hit that goblin with my ax"
DM- "Ok roll a D20 and add 5, oh look you hit now we will roll for damage"

There are also some really good youtube videos of games you can watch to get an Idea of how the game goes.

Here is a game with Vin Diesel with a bunch of awesome voice actors. It's short but easier to follow.

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
Ooh. I missed the last one too. I'm definitely interested, but have never played D&D. Would love to join a group! :)

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
We can have several games going at once.
I nominate @KingNerd to DM one of them (as he has the roll20 prime account & seems on it).
Edit: seeing as ^ wants to play I might volunteer to DM a few one shots to get the new ppl comfortable. (Only DMed a few patjfinder will have to read up on 5e)

What setting / story are we looking at for TEST ppl?
(I'm assuming we can start in a tavern, get drunk and wreck chariots drifting into a town fountain?)

Last edited:
Reactions: PSIcoh

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
The new 5th Edition is really pretty easy to pick up. Once you get your character made most of the time you can just tell the DM(person running the game) what you want to do and they will tell you how to do it. Like " I want to go over and hit that goblin with my ax"
DM- "Ok roll a D20 and add 5, oh look you hit now we will roll for damage"

There are also some really good youtube videos of games you can watch to get an Idea of how the game goes.

Here is a game with Vin Diesel with a bunch of awesome voice actors. It's short but easier to follow.
haha I watched those, he's hilariously giddy like a school girl getting laid for the first time.

Beauseant

Commander
Jun 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Beauseant
I think it's awesome he got excited about a game. I got excited as hell for the Roll20 game I'm playing. It's my first D&D game in like 10 years.

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
We can have several games going at once.
I nominate @KingNerd to DM one of them (as he has the roll20 prime account & seems on it).
Edit: seeing as ^ wants to play I might volunteer to DM a few one shots to get the new ppl comfortable. (Only DMed a few patjfinder will have to read up on 5e)

What setting / story are we looking at for TEST ppl?
(I'm assuming we can start in a tavern, get drunk and wreck chariots drifting into a town fountain?)
Drunken chariot drifting? Count me in!!! :p

Gonzoa

Space Marshal
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Gonzoa
Sounds cool please msg

Forgot your password?