marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Roccat power grid on an ipad and an android phone. 2 pages with 40 buttons on each for free. I will make a better frame for it.
(you can not beat free although I have purchased another page of 40 buttons for less than a dollar
View attachment 7594
Amazing!!! You merged 2 too small MFDs to one fitting MFD for the iPad :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:I would like to see the rear of the custom MFD. I went the other crazy path, why use 1 or 2 tablets, the hell with it

I see enough space to fit 5 tablets on it, the side 10" tablets, 2 7"85 tablets behind the MFDs and a 10" tablet between the MFDs.... work in progress

Last edited:

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
Roccat power grid on an ipad and an android phone. 2 pages with 40 buttons on each for free. I will make a better frame for it.
(you can not beat free although I have purchased another page of 40 buttons for less than a dollar
View attachment 7594
Excellent use of test logos on your desk as well and on the mfd!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I hope you have some ventilation on your rig for your lower legs.
It's open behind the rudder pedals, but since the room is tiny, under the roof, I have installed a noisy mobile airco unit next to the fridge.

is that a stocked beer shelf bottom right on your image?
The shelf can hold 2 crates of empty bottles :beers:

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
https://www.roccat.org/en-GB/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/

Its free, download the program to your PC, download the APP to your phone. ( android seemed easier than iOS until I found an up to date APP, the one on the apple app store was not the latest.
Then make sure Wi Fi is on and link them up. There are tutorials on youtube re how to make your own grids or you can download ones others have made. It took me about a day to create my own two pages, You can buy extra pages for about a dollar. I would say it is difficulty level 2 out of 5

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Its free, download the program to your PC, download the APP to your phone. ( android seemed easier than iOS until I found an up to date APP, the one on the apple app store was not the latest.
Then make sure Wi Fi is on and link them up. There are tutorials on youtube re how to make your own grids or you can download ones others have made. It took me about a day to create my own two pages, You can buy extra pages for about a dollar. I would say it is difficulty level 2 out of 5
@Rear_Intruder Where did you find the up-to-date iOS app? I'm using the app store app, and I'm having problems connecting to the desktop...thanks!

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I used --version 0.461 for my ipad

I'm not sure where I found it, I clicked away for hours trying to find one that worked.
Not sure where I got it from so I do not want to post a link that I can not vouch for.
The link on itunes let me monitor system settings like CPU temp ETC but would not link to the grids.
To be clear. The version on the roccat website is ok for my PC and android phone, 0.461 is the app version on my ipad.

I have ios 9.3.5

I'm not a tech guru I just did trial and error, and virus scanned every download

I did not get it here but it looks official
https://www.roccat.org/en-GB/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/download/

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Sweet! Thanks man. I'm stoked to try this.

Soon. Haha

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I used --version 0.461 for my ipad

I'm not sure where I found it, I clicked away for hours trying to find one that worked.
Not sure where I got it from so I do not want to post a link that I can not vouch for.
The link on itunes let me monitor system settings like CPU temp ETC but would not link to the grids.
To be clear. The version on the roccat website is ok for my PC and android phone, 0.461 is the app version on my ipad.

I have ios 9.3.5

I'm not a tech guru I just did trial and error, and virus scanned every download

I did not get it here but it looks official
https://www.roccat.org/en-GB/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/download/
OK, big DERP...my problem was that I downloaded the "Swarm" app, when I really only needed the "Power Grid" app. The Power Grid app is only available for iPhone, so when I was downloading it on my iPad, initially, I didn't see it and went for the Swarm app.

I've download the Power Grid app on both my PC and my iPad, and now I'm ready to do a grid...later.

BTW, I downloaded a pre-made grid for Star Citizen, any clue as to where I put that thing / which folder in my PC does it go in? I'm a little brain dead after trouble-shooting this for the past hour...

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I do not think it does not matter where you save the grid too. When its saved, just open it, click any trust popups, and it will appear in the power-grid launcher on your PC. You have to tick some boxes to load it up. Then add it to your tabs bar and move it next to the system stats tabs.
You can borrow individual 'tiles' from other peoples grids to make up your own, then you can even edit those tiles. Put a few hours aside

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I do not think it does not matter where you save the grid too. When its saved, just open it, click any trust popups, and it will appear in the power-grid launcher on your PC. You have to tick some boxes to load it up. Then add it to your tabs bar and move it next to the system stats tabs.
You can borrow individual 'tiles' from other peoples grids to make up your own, then you can even edit those tiles. Put a few hours aside
Thanks, I had meant to post back...I was able to just drag and drop the grid from my downloads to the open grid screen in the app.

Now, I'm having the same problem I had with VoiceAttack...I can connect to my computer and manipulate things, such as the volume, etc., but when I try an existing tile or try to create a new one, the command has no effect on Star Citizen. Hmmmm....

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Trying running roccat power grid as administrator, in the same way you have to do to make 'press to talk' work for discord whilst in game

Using the SC in game options for keymapping, I mapped all the commands I wanted on my tablet to keyboard keys, EG F1 or (Alt M).
In Roccat power grid, in the control editor I just select short cut or macro and make the selected funtion what I wanted the tile to do. In effect the tiles are just keyboard shortcuts.

Try these I'm still working on them and not all the tiles have shortcuts.
https://www.roccat.org/en-GB/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Store/Grids/Games/Simulation/931/

Last edited:
Forgot your password?