Destiny 2 Interest Thread

What platform will you play TESTiny 2 on?

• Glorious PC Master race

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • Playstation 4

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • XBOX One

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • No!

Votes: 19 16.0%

• Total voters

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've been playing on PS4, but I'm open to PC (if I can get a new GPU by then)
I don't really care about the character transfer, as we loose all powers and items anyways. But the PS4 will have those exclusives again. That may be hard to let go of, haha.

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Played the first one religiously for the first launch and expansion. after that it got to dam repetitive and grindy and the expansions don't add much of anything so i doubt i'll be getting it. i played with DoD (Dads of Destiny) the game is no fun playing alone.
The same here, for a variety of reasons. I played on PS3 and always just used a group finder when i needed others.

I don't really care about the character transfer, as we loose all powers and items anyways. But the PS4 will have those exclusives again. That may be hard to let go of, haha.
It will be annoying to not have them, they so pretty, but PC will make all worthwhile. With the good rumblings about TTK I can once again be excited for a game I dumped a few too many hours into. Early on, when it was bad in so many ways but still so SO fun

Of course, this all presumes CIG doesn't give us 3.0 and some actually usable game-play before D2 launches.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The same here, for a variety of reasons. I played on PS3 and always just used a group finder when i needed others.

It will be annoying to not have them, they so pretty, but PC will make all worthwhile. With the good rumblings about TTK I can once again be excited for a game I dumped a few too many hours into. Early on, when it was bad in so many ways but still so SO fun

Of course, this all presumes CIG doesn't give us 3.0 and some actually usable game-play before D2 launches.
I think this game will be so much more than the first if we have a decent group to play with. I'm freaking stoked.

Reactions: Printimus

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Well since a majority of my friends are potatoes and refuse to build gaming pc's *Insert their bitching about how it's expensive* I'll be playing it on the PS4.
One for PS4. Haha. I still kinda wanna play it on PS4. God, decisions.
So I guess no one has heard of cross platform play yet? *Cough* Greedy Noobs

Reactions: Blind Owl

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Loved everything I saw on Destiny the first time around. Nearly bought a PS4 for it. Turns out my dream has finally been realized with Destiny 2 being confirmed for PC.

HOWEVER, I will not likely play if it is just a crappy PC port. Just can't get into it the same as if it is built for the Master Race.

KiwiB1rd

Space Marshal
Apr 14, 2016
RSI Handle
OceanSloth
I had Destiny 1 on PS4 but stopped playing it and PS4 in general just after the Wrath of the Machine update. I played it since the beginning but me and the guys that played with me felt that they were just throwing out old content with a new skin so we gave up on it. They would have to greatly change alot of the gameplay in Destiny 2 before I would consider playing again

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
IF I play it, it will absolutely be on the PC. I never played the first one because it was on a console. I own the consoles, but I am absolute shit with a shooter on a controller. I gotta have the mouse and keyboard (or mouse and orbweaver in my case).

That being said, I don't know if I will buy it. It all depends on their decisions between now and release. I really like the concept but they really need to fix the complaints that plagued the first one. The glaring errors in judgement they made with destiny 1 just ruined what could have been a beautiful thing.

Honestly, how can you make a RPG without even considering the lessons learned (and are industry standard) in other mmorpgs. Loot, lore, immersive story line, marketplace, trading, and many other issues have already been completely worked out in so many other games. Companies have already figured out what sells and what the consumer wants out of those areas. How can you just ignore all that market research? If they ignore it a second time with Destiny 2, it will definitely be passing on it.

If they do it proper this time though? I will definitely be buying it and playing it for quite a while. I have my hopes. After all, Activision owns Blizzard now. So I can only hope that some of the expertise from Overwatch and WoW will bleed over and we will see some better decision making.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Rise my thread! To havoc!!

Yeah. Same question. What fucking platform am I buying this goddamned game on?
Yay PC, but Fuck, I love this game on PS4.

Edit: I'm hoping yesterday's reveal helps my conundrum. Now I have to read. Fuck sakes.

Reactions: A.Santos

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's gotta be PC boyos coz me and my mate used to play D1 on xbox and now we both got awesome PCS.

So now you can play with me on PC!!!!!

Don't forget there are actual Clans in D2. TEST SQUADRON BEST SQUARDON CLAN!!

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
PC! It will be available through Battle.net (Blizzard), and comes with all the social features for it! I think with Destiny 2 being on Battle.net they have to deliver a good quality PC version.

Forgot your password?