Destiny 2 Interest Thread

What platform will you play TESTiny 2 on?

• Glorious PC Master race

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • Playstation 4

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • XBOX One

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • No!

Votes: 19 16.0%

• Total voters

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
there are a few of us that have been talking about picking it up and playing on pc. we also feel pc will give us the greatest chance for team building :D

Reactions: Blind Owl

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I never played the first, but this one has my interest. I will likely wait for reviews after release though. Its gotta be better than Warframe to take over that role in my gaming index, they're very similar (from what I can tell).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
there are a few of us that have been talking about picking it up and playing on pc. we also feel pc will give us the greatest chance for team building :smile:
I'm looking forward to playing with my TESTies on PC. Hehe. I bought it on both PC and PS4. Because I got drunk. For all the bad publicity, the first game got WAY better with The Taken King. Well worth the time.
I never played the first, but this one has my interest. I will likely wait for reviews after release though. Its gotta be better than Warframe to take over that role in my gaming index, they're very similar (from what I can tell).
I just installed Warframe. I read an article saying it was like Destiny, and worth playing. Is there a storyline to follow?

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I just installed Warframe. I read an article saying it was like Destiny, and worth playing. Is there a storyline to follow?
I have not played in quite some time, but I've played around 70 hours. AFAIK there is much more of a developed story experience now than when I was playing. I've been meaning to get back into it.

*There was a loose story when I was playing. It has been more developed/expanded over time.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have not played in quite some time, but I've played around 70 hours. AFAIK there is much more of a developed story experience now than when I was playing. I've been meaning to get back into it.

*There was a loose story when I was playing. It has been more developed/expanded over time.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I just played the first few minutes. Seems pretty neat. I'll try some more tomorrow.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Played it on PS4, its more of the same but more polished. Hard to say if they will continue this quality of story telling but first impressions are good.
The strike is fun too though if you told me it was Destiny 1 I would have bought it too.

you now have 4 skills: Grenade, Melee, class specific thing (like dodge) and supers.

Classes feel fresh and well designed, lots of abillity synergy. The ArcStrider for instance refreshes his dodge on melee kills and melee kills refresh dodge.
Dodge also increases the range of melee, melee kills trigger health regeneration, and dodging also leaves a damage lightning field.

Very little room for customization though so it might get old fast.

Excited to play a new destiny game tho!

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I'll be playing along with a buddy whose Test handle escapes me. And possibly a third.

PC, of course.

Is the clan set up now or?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Played it on PS4, its more of the same but more polished. Hard to say if they will continue this quality of story telling but first impressions are good.
The strike is fun too though if you told me it was Destiny 1 I would have bought it too.

you now have 4 skills: Grenade, Melee, class specific thing (like dodge) and supers.

Classes feel fresh and well designed, lots of abillity synergy. The ArcStrider for instance refreshes his dodge on melee kills and melee kills refresh dodge.
Dodge also increases the range of melee, melee kills trigger health regeneration, and dodging also leaves a damage lightning field.

Very little room for customization though so it might get old fast.

Excited to play a new destiny game tho!
Great breakdown. I've been playing nightly since the beta started on PS4, and am quite enjoying it.
I'll be playing along with a buddy whose Test handle escapes me. And possibly a third.

PC, of course.

Is the clan set up now or?
Not yet. I just asked the Glorious Leader a couple days ago, and we're looking to gauge interest.
From the amount of people I have from the OP, that shouldn't be an issue though.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I was kinda waiting in the wings on this one, but it looks like it's just another DLC level "upgrade" over the original. Be prepared to be nickel and dimed, ye who enter here.

Speedkills

Admiral
Oct 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Speedkills
I was on the fence with this until it was brought under the Blizzard umbrella. I'll likely play, if for nothing else than to hang out with a bunch of drunks and Owl. :slight_smile:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I was kinda waiting in the wings on this one, but it looks like it's just another DLC level "upgrade" over the original. Be prepared to be nickel and dimed, ye who enter here.
I'll happily pay 30 bucks a year to play the game/get DLC. The first one just got better and better.
I was on the fence with this until it was brought under the Blizzard umbrella. I'll likely play, if for nothing else than to hang out with a bunch of drunks and Owl. :slight_smile:
Sweet. We'll see you there.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I'll happily pay 30 bucks a year to play the game/get DLC. The first one just got better and better.
Difference in expectation, I suppose. I bought the original Destiny and the first DLC. Seeing how desperately tiny the additions to the game that the DLC offered was the final straw for me.(Couldn't see the fun in doing the same raid over and over again with random, often shitty, payouts) I don't wish to bash folks who love it (Who am I to say anything? I spent nearly a grand on a game that isnt even out yet) I simply wish to voice my caution. Companies will charge as much $$ as they can for as little content as they can get away with. It is a disturbing trend and I think Destiny is one of the worst perpetrators of it.

/$0.02:beer:

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Well since I never played Destiny 1 but I heard good reviews from my buddy, I'll give it a shot.

I have no problem paying money to buy games and updates as long as I enjoy the game. The devs need to make some money... And I'm happy to pay them for a job well done.

Definitely understand though not liking the feeling of having to pay for stuff that you don't like or stuff that is not relevant to you - it feels like a tax, and nobody likes taxes.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Difference in expectation, I suppose. I bought the original Destiny and the first DLC. Seeing how desperately tiny the additions to the game that the DLC offered was the final straw for me.(Couldn't see the fun in doing the same raid over and over again with random, often shitty, payouts) I don't wish to bash folks who love it (Who am I to say anything? I spent nearly a grand on a game that isnt even out yet) I simply wish to voice my caution. Companies will charge as much $$ as they can for as little content as they can get away with. It is a disturbing trend and I think Destiny is one of the worst perpetrators of it.

/$0.02:beer:
I actually concur. For the price, there wasn't near enough content on the original couple DLCs. At all. I bought the vanilla, played for a while, then put it down. Played a while later, after the following couple updates, put it down. Then they dropped The Taken King, and they revamped the entire game. It became amazing. Like fucking amazing. I couldn't stop playing.

Now, they've taken what they learned, and packed it into a new game. And content-wise, they've started that they want it to have more new content, on a much faster schedule, than the original. Far more frequently than one huge update once a year.

So I for one am optimistic, but I completely understand and appreciate your scepticism.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I actually concur. For the price, there wasn't near enough content on the original couple DLCs. At all. I bought the vanilla, played for a while, then put it down. Played a while later, after the following couple updates, put it down. Then they dropped The Taken King, and they revamped the entire game. It became amazing. Like fucking amazing. I couldn't stop playing.

Now, they've taken what they learned, and packed it into a new game. And content-wise, they've started that they want it to have more new content, on a much faster schedule, than the original. Far more frequently than one huge update once a year.

So I for one am optimistic, but I completely understand and appreciate your scepticism.
Absolutely. I'm the kind of person where I will generally allow the product to do the talking for it. Got burned with destiny, burned with NMS, and uncomfortably groped by Space Engineers; I want to give Destiny 2 every benefit of the doubt and will keep an eye on it, but I remain wary of the infamous game-destroying boardroom intervention that AAA titles have been susceptible to lately.

Forgot your password?