Destiny 2 Interest Thread

What platform will you play TESTiny 2 on?

• Glorious PC Master race

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • Playstation 4

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • XBOX One

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • No!

Votes: 19 16.0%

• Total voters

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I just played the Hunter and Titan yesterday in the Open Beta.

It feels very familiar, except the changes in the skills and the longer cooldowns.

The Supers a lot more varied now too, so it's quite interesting.
Still not sure if I'll buy the game though.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Absolutely. I'm the kind of person where I will generally allow the product to do the talking for it. Got burned with destiny, burned with NMS, and uncomfortably groped by Space Engineers; I want to give Destiny 2 every benefit of the doubt and will keep an eye on it, but I remain wary of the infamous game-destroying boardroom intervention that AAA titles have been susceptible to lately.
Well, if you remain skeptical, I shall play for you, and offer as unbiased an opinion as possible.

Also, how very un-millennial of you; not attacking your opponent for a difference of opinion? How dare you. Haha. (I's appreciates you's)
I just played the Hunter and Titan yesterday in the Open Beta.

It feels very familiar, except the changes in the skills and the longer cooldowns.

The Supers a lot more varied now too, so it's quite interesting.
Still not sure if I'll buy the game though.
I'm about to play the last night of beta. I'm enjoying.

Keep in mind that they have openly stated that the PVE gameplay in the Beta is not indicative of the current build. Many people are bitching about it (because people are negative beings by nature) about how much harder/different it is. It IS a new game, not Destiny 1. *shrug*

Reactions: Han Burgundy

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Keep in mind that they have openly stated that the PVE gameplay in the Beta is not indicative of the current build. Many people are bitching about it (because people are negative beings by nature) about how much harder/different it is. It IS a new game, not Destiny 1. *shrug*
Oh yeah, I really don't mind. I'm sure they'll balance it in a way that's still fun to play, and it'll get patched as we go, just like Destiny 1.
Longer cooldown really forces me to actually choose when to use my grenade ability.

I love how all(?) Supers are now the "roaming" type. (haven't played voidwalker yet)
The multiple-strike Titan is super fun running towards other players when by habit they think you're done with the ground pound, but then here comes another ... and another... AND another. Such a great mob clearer in the Strike too!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh yeah, I really don't mind. I'm sure they'll balance it in a way that's still fun to play, and it'll get patched as we go, just like Destiny 1.
Longer cooldown really forces me to actually choose when to use my grenade ability.

I love how all(?) Supers are now the "roaming" type. (haven't played voidwalker yet)
The multiple-strike Titan is super fun running towards other players when by habit they think you're done with the ground pound, but then here comes another ... and another... AND another. Such a great mob clearer in the Strike too!
Oh snap. I forgot to play the striker Titan, haha. Been having so much fun with dawn blade and arc strider. Oh well.

Reactions: Stevetank

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Got burned with destiny, burned with NMS, and uncomfortably groped by Space Engineers; ... I remain wary of the infamous game-destroying boardroom intervention that AAA titles have been susceptible to lately.
I'm right there with you. It's not that games are losing quality. They have evolved a bit, but there have always been over hyped junk games. Just looking back at some of the trainwreck NES games will tell you that. Some were really, really bad. The truly good games were maybe 5-10% of all the releases?

I think one of the problems is the cost of development when compared to the cost consumers are willing to pay (at the risk of writing an essay about the modern issues of the video game industry, I will limit my list to one problem). Games take more to make. They take alot more to make. This becomes even more of an issue when you are innovating. Creating something that has never been done before takes time. We can see it now with SC development. They are making tools, techniques, and programming that has never been done before.

Plus, the cost of everything else has become obscene. Call of Doodie: Modern Warfare 2 had a development budget of 40-50 million but cost over 200 million after advertising and distribution. Everything and everyone stands in line to take a chunk of that budget. You have to pay for bandwidth, computers, servers, security for those servers, and everything else that comes with it. My company pays around $3,000 per year, per computer on our network. That doesn't include the cost of the actual computer itself. Security and the cost of the licenses are stupid expensive.

Then you have payroll. Hundreds of people work on a single game now. Even if it averaged out to 50k per year, per person, that will still cost around 70k each to employ them (workman's comp, insurance, taxes, etc.). A couple hundred employees would cost the company around 1.2 million dollars per month in payroll alone.

So, everything adds up. Games are much more expensive to develop than they used to be. Yet, back in the NES days, games cost $39-$59 per cartridge. They still cost that today. They are priced that way because that is all gamers will pay. Anything more and they get sticker shock. The forums light up and they get out their pitchforks and torches. So what was their solution? They decided to cheat.

Now, they sell DLC content. They push the "FTP" (:read P2W) business model. They cheat, cut corners, over-hype, and early release the trash we now know today. Sadly, it has become industry standard. I'm not talking about the percentage of crap games, but the cheap tactics the developers employ to cheat money from the customers. Point in case, No Man's Sky.

How about instead, they just own up to how much games cost and what price they need to place on it. People WILL spend money on it. Hell, they DO spend money on it without even knowing. All I want is a fair product for a fair price. If it costs more to make, just let me know. I would much have a good product at a higher price, than a crap product at a cheap price. Sadly, society on the whole either can't understand the value of that or they just don't care that they are facilitating the very junk they so adamantly disapprove of.

Walmart, I blame Walmart.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've been part of this TEST clan: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/422608

you'll make a new one?
Wait, we have a clan? Fucks sake. Haha

I hope it gets transferred to the D2 clan system. We have a month to get that done. Has to be the founder, unless the founder transfers the group ownership. Unless it has already been done, haha.
@Zaraphandox

I wonder why this group never came up when I did searches for TEST

Edit: There it is. Freaking weird.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I never heard back from @Zaraphandox about the other Destiny 2 TEST clan, so I wentr ahead and started one. Not that it matters, as we'll just put the two clans into an Alliance if he intends to transfer it to D2. Also, if enough people join, we may need multiple clans, as you can only have 100 in one.
Here's the link to the Clan I started.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2065538

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I just bought it for PC.

It was at 20% off + another 5% with discount code at GreenManGaming. even with the exchange it still ended up cheaper than if I were to buy direct from Bizzard.
I bought it with F1 2017, which I've been playing yesterday. MAN I forgot how hard this game was...

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I just bought it for PC.

It was at 20% off + another 5% with discount code at GreenManGaming. even with the exchange it still ended up cheaper than if I were to buy direct from Bizzard.
I bought it with F1 2017, which I've been playing yesterday. MAN I forgot how hard this game was...
I saw that at GMG. Pissed me off, lol.
I was looking to see if there was a way to get a refund from blizzard so I could rebuy from GMG.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I hope more people join the clan. There was plenty of interest when I first posted the thread.

Forgot your password?