Dissolving RSI Test, Migration to Descendent Underground

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Hey all!

Today we made the sad decision to dissolve our RSI organization in order to fully migrate to Descent Underground. The lack of scary Goons in that universe makes our move well justified so that none of us wets our pants when a scary pirate ship comes and steal our valuable ship and cargo.

Thus we are announcing a massive RSI melt program where all members will be required to douse their wallets in Navy Strength rum and and proceed to set it on fire with gunpowder. This will finally free our wallets from the purgatory that is the RSI Feature Crawl TM and a final resting place in the depths of the underground.

Never wanted concierge service anyway.​

If you are interested in being a true TESTie and not risk becoming a heretic to be purged by @Frisbeerocker and @Barthanes please consider visiting the following button to make Mr. Peterson's dreams (of drinking margaritas on the beaches of Tajiti) a reality.

To sweeten the deal, if you back Wingman's Kickstarter please send @SeungRyul a private message with proof of your backing and I will dish out in-forum trophies!

Yours Sincerely,
TEST Leadership in Exile
HUH ? That trailer is so crappy, I almost barfed in my mouth. so much Red and Green glowing orbs as lasers or whatever.. its like a ripoff from star wars.. the two ships to me look the same, and look so shiny and new and neon colored I feel like I should invite those guys who play WoW to view it.

I don't know, but if I see a forum badge for people who back that crappy looking game, I will find a way to come to their house and set their desktop on fire. LOL

Okay maybe that's a bit extreme... but seriously... who gives a crap about Descent...

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
HUH ? That trailer is so crappy, I almost barfed in my mouth. so much Red and Green glowing orbs as lasers or whatever.. its like a ripoff from star wars.. the two ships to me look the same, and look so shiny and new and neon colored I feel like I should invite those guys who play WoW to view it.

I don't know, but if I see a forum badge for people who back that crappy looking game, I will find a way to come to their house and set their desktop on fire. LOL

Okay maybe that's a bit extreme... but seriously... who gives a crap about Descent...
Did you not play descent 1 and 2 growing up? They were kind of a big deal.

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
I lovd the first descent game. it was pretty cool, but nope, I'm not gonna play this one. SC provides all the starships I need. (with KSP)

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
[CONCERNNNNNNNNNN]
considering the rumour mill of RSI disbanding and firing everyone recently or something.... this thread scared the friggin pants off me. I have noticed theres been like little to no content this week from RSI either....are we fucked?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Not even 30 seconds of gameplay and I've got motion sickness from watching that.
Descent was definitely not for the weak of stomach or navigation. One problem I always had was I would be completely out of alignment with the "up" I had been using, so I didn't recognize the terrain and essentially got "lost" in a single room after a gunfight. I'd pick a door, thinking it was the door I wanted from before the battle and spend like, 2-3 minutes backtracking before I realized that no, I'm just upside-down and going backwards.

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Switchblade

Ensign
Oct 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Switchblade
I still use the self-destruct countdown from Descent 1 as my ringtone.

Self-destruct sequence, activated. Self-destruct in T minus 10... 9... 8... 7... *click* "Hey. Yeah, I'm still at the airport waiting for my flight. Gotta go... everyone's looking at me funny and that TSA agent just pulled out a taser."

Reactions: Opiepal
Forgot your password?