Distortion Repeaters

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
In the run up to 3.2 they were showing all sorts of videos of new distortion repeaters, but with Voyager Direct now closed I have no idea where to find 'em.

Are they in the game yet, and if so where the heck do you find 'em?

:)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Pretty sure they're at Grimmers, the Dumper Depot is in the middle of all the bunk rooms, down a short hall. Haven't tried them yet myself.
Many thanks, I have not yet been to Grimhex in 3.2 i'll check it out next time I am online

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So got an hour online, battled through several bouts of rubber-banding and having to wait seven and a half minutes while I claimed my favored ship (I'll have to get another for occasions like this) and flew to GrimHex.

After battling my way round the planet, settled down on a pad and ran in. Elevator down to the shopping area, ran into where I knew a shop was... it's empty. no stock, just coat-hangars. Every single shop, even back in Olisar - no stock, of anything, anywhere.

This may turn out to be a bigger adventure than I first thought...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
So got an hour online, battled through several bouts of rubber-banding and having to wait seven and a half minutes while I claimed my favored ship (I'll have to get another for occasions like this) and flew to GrimHex.

After battling my way round the planet, settled down on a pad and ran in. Elevator down to the shopping area, ran into where I knew a shop was... it's empty. no stock, just coat-hangars. Every single shop, even back in Olisar - no stock, of anything, anywhere.

This may turn out to be a bigger adventure than I first thought...
Had this problem last night as well. Nothing for sale.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
In the run up to 3.2 they were showing all sorts of videos of new distortion repeaters, but with Voyager Direct now closed I have no idea where to find 'em.

Are they in the game yet, and if so where the heck do you find 'em?

:slight_smile:
In short you can find all Voyager Direct in various in game stores as they get converted and ready to work in game, those you can't find are either in a store you haven't checked or not in game yet.

:smile: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beers:

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So I spawned in Grimhex, as that was where I was killed last... a stroke of luck!

Looked in the clothes shop, aha! There are loads of hats! Time to get me an s3 distortion repeater!

Run all over the place and finally find Dumpers near the spawn-points meaning I ran past it at least 3 times. Get on the console, there it is, 6k UEC and the Repeater is mine!

Right, time to put it on my 350R... Open the MobiGlas... Okay, look in ship loadout... Aww crap it's fucked!

So close but so far... log out of the PU and go to AC... Nope, no ships showing on the change loadout screen... Go to the hangar, the hull spawns but its an empty shell...

My luck had to end sometime I suppose, as said, this is turning out to be a longer adventure than I had expected it to be :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hurrah! I finally got the Repeater fitted to my 350R.

Again spawned in Grimhex. This dump is starting to get me down, back to Olisar. Checked the ship modification MobiGlas section, nope still can't change me loadouts on anything. Spawned the 350, no engines and can't get in.

Right sod this. Insurance'd the 350 and expidited for 80UEC because cheap is cheap.

Now it has engines and bits. Ace. Flew away with no other ships nearby, take one last look over my shoulder and suddenly there are six ships trying to kill each other around GH. Fair enough I never was very observant.

Booked it over to Olisar, the comms to landing authority didn't work. While trying to decide what to do my ship vanished, I get a crime stat and teleport inside the Olisar... My 350 is now stored AND on one of the pads at the same time. I put it down to Ghosts.

I check the loadout app on the Mobiglas, and Happy Day! I can now change the loadout! Dunno why you can buy from GH but not load there... I pop the S3 distortion repeater on the nose and a pair of Omniskys on the wings.

I have a crime-stat so off to Kareah, go via a Cry-Astro and there be Pirates! But these dudes 'aint dudes, they are NCP's calling me a bastard etc... A Buccaneer is frozen in mid-air just drifting but otherwise fully powered and undamaged. Easy pickings (I can't aim for shit in this patch) blamblamblam and boom it's gone. I really appreciate that distortion repeater! I'd have bought one from Voyager Direct but it's no longer a thing.

And then my wife came home and I stopped playing because i'm not that stupid. :slight_smile:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Cracks me up! So the distortion drops the shields extra fast and the Omni's kill the target? And the distortions don't overheat?
Didn't overheat on me but then the 350R is as old as the hills so the pipelines might not be plugged up right - my 325a was overheating at the drop of a hat with stock loadout.

I need to take the 350 into AC to see what it's really capable of :slight_smile:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I need to take the 350 into AC to see what it's really capable of :slight_smile:
So, finally took the 350 in to AC.

Ah, it's not selectable? I'll have to do an insurance claim in the PU. Can't log out right now due to the Olisar landing issue, doesn't store the ship.

Right, thats the insurance claim sorted, lets play... Oh, thats odd, the loadout is back to stock. Never mind I'll just load it back on... Where is the Distortion Repeater? Where are the Omniskys from my 325???

Both gone. Got the Omni's back with an insurance claim on the 325 but my sweet sweet Distortion Repeater was, and is, gone...

Awwwwwwwww, crap.

Lesson learned, I am NOT melting any of my old Voyager Direct purchases. At least those things have a chance of reappearing next patch if they don't reappear as an option after an insurance claim.

I'll wait for next patch to see how this pans out - Anyone know where Equipment Insurance can be bought? I neeeeeds it!

Forgot your password?