Do additional game packages still create character/npc slots?

How many NPC Slots are you planning to have?

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 1-3

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • 3-5

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 5-10

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ah ha got ya.
Sorry for the noob questions but I just got the game and I must say for an alpha, I’m really liking it
No such thing as a noob question my friend. We're all here to help and have fun. And shitpost, haha.

And stop apologizing. Leave that to us Canadians. ;)

Sorry for saying that. Ha

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ah ha got ya.
Sorry for the noob questions but I just got the game and I must say for an alpha, I’m really liking it
Don't worry about asking questions, I'm just about to go start a thread asking where to buy something in-game. I think its not even yet in the game but if you don't ask, you don't know :slight_smile:

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Yep, but I have a sneaking suspicion this will not be the case.

The reasoning is sound, that if you friend is on the other side of the galaxy, you can simply take over an NPC on his ship and play along.

The problem I see is that it takes away from the adventure and risk of long trips.

If you can insta-warp to a fleet on the other side of the known universe, it removes the entire risk of travel.
IIRC, CIG said you can do offline travel, so when you arrive at home and turn on your computer you will be ready to embark in the next adventure with your friends!

So if this is true, the travel danger will be minimal...

But then, what will happen with people located on dangerous space? Hmmm

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
As a future BMM & 890J captain, I plan on having enough Character slots for self owned NPCs to perform crew functions when other are not available to do so. My logic behind this is that CIG has stated that the NPCs that you create in character slots you can choose how they look & dress. So you can hopefully make them seem more uniform to appeal more professional.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13288-Multiple-Package-Clarification

View attachment 9576
I think that if you hire NPCs you probably can assign them a uniform. Or maybe they come with the default uniform for the NOC profession. Hmm ¿??

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
so if i understand it right,

When you buy a game package you get an extra caracter slot wich you can convert into a customizable NPC?

But you start with more than one caracter slot in the game that is if i remember right.

Also, hired NPC will be aviable into the game but that would probably means that you will have to pay regular fees for them but not for the owned ones ?? :thinking:

Damn i m confused

Anyway, i puted to many monay in the game recently to be adding anything new to my account in the near futur (yeah a lti starter ship !! :smile: )
When you have more than one account you must select for the second and subsequent accounts if you want them to be common accounts (and assign them resources to start with if you want to) or if instead you prefer it to be an NOC account which you can personalize.

Most probably you will have to pay anyway for those PC services, being yours or not.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
We like noob questions. We all ask them. Like "where's the WC?"
My first SC question was "How do you get off the WC?" - It was back before inner-thoughts, pushing H etc, I kept getting stuck on my Taurus's toilet and having to quit the game to get back off it...

You pressed F to sit on the shitter but just pressing F wasn't enough to get you back off it - Oooooooh no, you had to HOLD F to get off the damned toilet and out of seats in that patch! I must have tapped F so much I could have sent a Morse Code message. Hold F. Right.

I felt stupid to ask but hey, I've never been stuck on a toilet again, and it makes a wonderful example of what I believe to be the lowest possible level of Noob question there possibly is :slight_smile:

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
"WC" is "water closet", the British way of speaking of what we call here the "bathroom", which houses a toilet. C. S. Lewis tells a funny story of an American guest who asked to use the bathroom, and Lewis feigned frustration, brought the guy some bath towels and led him to the bath, since it was a separate room from the one with the toilet.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
"WC" is "water closet", the British way of speaking of what we call here the "bathroom", which houses a toilet. C. S. Lewis tells a funny story of an American guest who asked to use the bathroom, and Lewis feigned frustration, brought the guy some bath towels and led him to the bath, since it was a separate room from the one with the toilet.
Jesus, i just learned something today. Noooooooo!!!

Hahaha. Thanks Reaper.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Jesus, i just learned something today. Noooooooo!!!

Hahaha. Thanks Reaper.
Don't feel bad about learning new things @Blind Owl , after all, you usually enjoy learning what new flavors of beer are that you haven't tried before. I imagine that those you don't quite enjoy the flavor, you take as a challenge to TEST how well it can intoxicate an OWL into a blind stupor. I could be wrong though.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Don't feel bad about learning new things @Blind Owl , after all, you usually enjoy learning what new flavors of beer are that you haven't tried before. I imagine that those you don't quite enjoy the flavor, you take as a challenge to TEST how well it can intoxicate an OWL into a blind stupor. I could be wrong though.
Well, I DO love beer. So I don't think you're wrong, haha.

Forgot your password?