Do I drink too much beer? 🍻🍻🍻

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
There is a drink from Scotland called Irn Bru and one of its ingredients is the anti-malaria drug Quinnine.

I drink it often because it's nice and makes me feel like I'm hard as nails whereas I'm actually soft as shite.

Anyway, I put my consumption of this drink down to why I am hardly touched by mozzies, and my wife gets eaten alive. She doesn't drink Irn Bru.

Also, this advert is the best ad ever made:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1nb_T1JKps

Agent_Mothman

Space Marshal
Aug 8, 2014
RSI Handle
CubCadet1972
I don't know, where do these monsters live? Right now I'm in Croatia. The most amazing part is that they suck at different spots, close to each other. I thought that a mosquito would bite at a single spot, suck the amount she needs, then moves away to her hiding place.
It happened in the bedroom. 1 or maybe 2 sneak past the first line of defence, found a good hiding place, waited until everybody was asleep and did their vile deed.
My oldest son was the first night prime target. My wife sprayed him with deet, leaving me unprotected as 2nd best target.
There are subspecies worldwide. put clear nail polish or benzoin tincture on the bites. that should help.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've seen far too much wisdom in this thread so far in regards of the initial post. I suspect that we all need another drink. This being said, I recommend installing an electric fly zapper & clearing out any areas of standing / stagnant water from around your house to reduce their population.

I don't know why they are so attracted to your lower legs & feet, unless they also attack the rest of your body as well & you were just wanting to show off your legs. I can tell you that if ever you get a cut or start to bleed (nose bleed) & before you can stop the bleeding and clean up the spilled blood, that it is targeted by sugar ants, then you need to get to a hospital immediately as your blood sugar levels are close to lethal levels. I speak from personal experience in this from just over 2 years ago. I joined TEST Squadron right after I got out of the hospital for that condition. So cheers to my being a TESTie for the past 2 years!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I've seen far too much wisdom in this thread so far in regards of the initial post. I suspect that we all need another drink. This being said, I recommend installing an electric fly zapper & clearing out any areas of standing / stagnant water from around your house to reduce their population.
It's not my house, we are on vacation in Croatia, no standing water nearby, so that is covered 😄

I don't know why they are so attracted to your lower legs & feet, unless they also attack the rest of your body as well & you were just wanting to show off your legs.
Yes, of course I wanted to show off my legs!!!! I always wear boots, they are just comfortable. For job I buy S3 protected boots because I need those when I go into the field. The amazing part is: I got a few bites on the rest of my body, a few more on my legs but far most I get bytes on the feet, which are only unprotected during holidays.

I can tell you that if ever you get a cut or start to bleed (nose bleed) & before you can stop the bleeding and clean up the spilled blood, that it is targeted by sugar ants, then you need to get to a hospital immediately as your blood sugar levels are close to lethal levels. I speak from personal experience in this from just over 2 years ago.
Luckily that is not the case.

I joined TEST Squadron right after I got out of the hospital for that condition. So cheers to my being a TESTie for the past 2 years!
Happy TESTiversary 🍻🍻

Forgot your password?