Does anybody have spare/old PC parts you don't need?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I would be surprised if an iPad did not make her last Christmas wish list...
Then comes the iPhone's
It's fun being a Dad and your kids will love you long after your gone.
Enjoy the journey.
She has been on the ipad since she was born.

In fact, I credit the reading apps like Endless Reader which she played with for hours as the reason she was reading at 18 months!

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
It’s probably the battery on the MB. That said
Get yourself a new computer, she gets the old one.

Just remember to wipe your history and install a key-logger and other nanny software.
Thalstan may be correct, Do any MB lights flash. If so check the MB instruction book. A MB battery is just a watch battery maybe $1 they last 5 years or often longer.
On a 12 year old PC it will be keeping your BIOS settings stored. One of the common signs is that some case fans start when you power on then stop very quickly.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Its a choice between sending the kids to pre-K every month or having them stay home and drive NinjaGirl insane, but getting new PC parts!

I will have to live with my current PC for a while longer ;)
Seems like you've chosen poorly. Think of it this way. if NinjaGirl is insane then she will not mind your spending far more time playing on the computer. After all there are lots of drugs available to psychiatric patients for free.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
If u lived in the UK I would pop over all the parts U need.

Why don't you live in the UK Montoya?!!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
About a decade ago, I was chiding Leon Crevit of NASA Ames about Macs and he set me straight. Leon is the number two guy at Ames, and in charge of all things NASA supercomputery. When I remarked the standard pro-PC rhetoric, he noted to me the dozen ways Apple products really are superior, and convinced me to buy my first and only iMac. I've been using this machine for more than 3,000 hours/year for ten years now, and it has never locked up, never had a virus, never squeaked a second of disapproval.

Was there EVER any PC product like this, since the beginning of the PC age back in the 80's?

I doubt it.

And Apple's phones are better too. And their watches. And their tablets. And their image.

I'm not a fanboy but just saying. . .

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Is there an opening in the Manchester office? I can try!
I hear they're recruiting male models so they can scan various types of underpants and thongs. You fit the bill, I can put a word in for you?

Forgot your password?