Does toilet paper have 2 holes or 1?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
In my defense, it was Sunday, and I did say that I was short of drinkable beer. But I dunno about sciencey, I learned that crap when I started using Blender. That's kinda artsy as opposed to sciencey.

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
I agree with Tealwraith there's one hole, because like Tealwraith stated, it is topographically equivalent to a torus or a doughnut-shaped object if you distort it correctly without putting any new holes into it.

So you can see, it doesn't have any added levels if complexity like Klien bottle or a Moebius strip, however, it has an extra level of simple transformability like a disk is =1, a projected plane =2, a tube is =3, brass knuckles =7, a coffee cup and a plate =1, a doughnut=3, etc. In other words, you cut an extra hole into it for each level over 2. If two objects have the same topological properties, they are said to be homeomorphic.

Reactions: Sraika

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Its a tube.

A bucket can have a hole, because that is an exit where there isn't supposed to be one. Same with jumpers, although you need 4x holes (2x arms, 1x head 1x torso) to work a jumper properly, they are called the neck, cuff and hem. It doesn't have a hole in it until it has a hole where it shouldn't be.

So, unless your toilet roll tube has a hole in it's side it doesn't have any holes.

The whole tube thing is complicated further if you turn the tube to stand up because it then becomes a very short open-ended shaft.

Reactions: Deroth and Sraika
Forgot your password?