Dragonfly concept art, first look!

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
I say we claim this as a Cultural Victory over CIG, and announce that we, the mighty TEST Squadron, have beaten Star Citizen, even before it launches! Then buy a few hangar-fulls of these bad boys to make sure that SC will (eventually) launch!

I know I'm getting (at least) 2!
More like a marketing victory over us!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I also presumed that it would become something like that hovercraft which Darth Maul rode in Ep.1. But nevertheless how it appears finally: the Dragonfly will be a usefull vehicle to extend the short-termed operational radius around your baseship. For that, I will buy one or two "bikes" by using some ingame funds out of melted stuff, hangar flair or melted small ship.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
If only it came in flat black with red pinstripes and apehanger handlebars...oh, what the hell, one for the DURp and one for the Carrack!
IIRC carrack can only fit the scout in its snub bay. Though maybe in the tanks ground bay ot could fit....

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
So will tbis thing fit in a caterpillar?
Haven't watched ATV or else recently, have you? Not only this, they mentioned that the Cat will have special cargo boxes for holding a bunch of Dragonflies and from which you can directly race outta space (or planet, whatever). Like a mobile Dragonfly mini hangar :)

IIRC carrack can only fit the scout in its snub bay. Though maybe in the tanks ground bay ot could fit....
Stay tuned and keep calm. Nobody knows nothing until now, because the Carrack will be completely redesigned. And because its origin lies in a military used ship, I suggest that CIG will from now on think about possible DF bays like the Cat can hold.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Cultural victory. Again.
You would. I love it. In going to follow suit and comment the shit out of this. It shall be shitpostastic. Hahaha.
If only it came in flat black with red pinstripes and apehanger handlebars...oh, what the hell, one for the DURp and one for the Carrack!
Yeah, I reckon we could fit at least one, maybe a couple in the Carrack cargo hold.
That plus the Scout, it'll give ship mates something to do while you're out and about.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Lets hope when they release more detail that will say the length and stick with it. I think at least a couple will fit in the Aurora cargo carry box. I'd like to know if it will fit in the Avenger and Reliant. I'm not sure why so many folks want to purchase stacks of them, as most players will want one. If the cargo box can be loaded up with some sensory equipment past the tiny radar, this would be a no-brainer for planetary surface exploration. Much better than a rover, IMHO.

I am disappointed though it appears to be almost 6M long. 1M shorter and it would have fit the Avenger. If they're not too wide, a pair might fit the Freelancer Dur. That would be handy.

I'm pretty sure the snub bay as is now on the Carrack will not only fit this, but it will fit an Avenger. The Connie looks will fit them crosswise, so maybe 6-8, depending on the version. We'll need to wait and see. The Genesis and Endeavor are both interesting DF carriers, and the Crucible would be a cool chop-shop type meeting place like that in the Expendibles, but the big biker bar is going to remain the Reclaimer, just because it has the biggest internal bay apart from the caps.

For a smallish group wanting to get around the verse with their bikes, the Genesis may finally have a raison d'être. I think it's supposed to be fast.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Lets hope when they release more detail that will say the length and stick with it. I think at least a couple will fit in the Aurora cargo carry box. I'd like to know if it will fit in the Avenger and Reliant. I'm not sure why so many folks want to purchase stacks of them, as most players will want one. If the cargo box can be loaded up with some sensory equipment past the tiny radar, this would be a no-brainer for planetary surface exploration. Much better than a rover, IMHO.

I am disappointed though it appears to be almost 6M long. 1M shorter and it would have fit the Avenger. If they're not too wide, a pair might fit the Freelancer Dur. That would be handy.

I'm pretty sure the snub bay as is now on the Carrack will not only fit this, but it will fit an Avenger. The Connie looks will fit them crosswise, so maybe 6-8, depending on the version. We'll need to wait and see. The Genesis and Endeavor are both interesting DF carriers, and the Crucible would be a cool chop-shop type meeting place like that in the Expendibles, but the big biker bar is going to remain the Reclaimer, just because it has the biggest internal bay apart from the caps.

For a smallish group wanting to get around the verse with their bikes, the Genesis may finally have a raison d'être. I think it's supposed to be fast.
I think you're going to see all sorts of "Poor Man Pocket Carriers" with DFs as the swarm fighter. I intend to carry at least one with me wherever I go. I think they'll be great on so many levels.
IE planetary exploration, asteroid field exploration, zipping quickly from place to place, racing...

Forgot your password?