Drake Cutter from Pipeline Discord

Freak0

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 31, 2019
RSI Handle
Freako_0
Please see attached. Looks like a starter to me!

As a side note, notice the 'variant' has a module on top of the ship? It almost looks like a vehicle rack for more modularity. Given the news about the Galaxy ... I wonder if module issues have been fixed or have a solution that is being worked on?

1668200271007.png

Attachments

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I'm not sure that scale is right, only 2 SCU for a ship that size...?
2 SCU doesn't seem to far off (maybe 3 or 4 in the non-expedition version replacing the suit locker and food machine?) - it doesn't appear to be much larger than a 100i or Aurora - I'd guess that it's around 12-15m long, 4-5 high, and maybe 10m wide. - Looks like cockpit, then behind it - possibly reaching all the way to the rear side doors - is space for "living" quarters and components, with a small cargo area inside the side rear doors.

It also looks like it was the "standard" rather than the expedition version shown landing in the earlier images (tail fins are different on the 2 known versions, based on above picture).

I'm curious as to the pricing on this\these ships...
Factors in favor of "cheap" prices:
  • It's small
  • It's Drake
  • It isn't a fighter\combat ship
  • It has minimal cargo capaity\functionality (compared to Cutlass Black)

Factors in favor of higher price:
  • Food machine
  • Variants\module availablitiy
  • Potentially popular\high sales expected
  • It has minimal cargo capaity\functionality (compared to Cutlass Black) - See: Cutlass Steel

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
That looks fancy. This is Drake. What's wrong with a 5 gallon bucket?
Even that's fancier than I would have expected - There's side doors at the rear of the Cutty and Cutlass's, so I think the plan is that you just hang out over the side there, which could be "interesting" on long-haul flights (Pyro) away from anything with an atmosphere... No stockpiling burrito's for those flights :)

Forgot your password?