Drake Cutter from Pipeline Discord

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I just want a ship that isn't the carrack or the 890 jump that has a rez-point med bed!
Well there's the RSI Apollo series and the Origin 600i Explorer and the Endeavor...
oh...
You're probably talking about curently flyable?
Well, I wouldn't hold my breath regarding this years reveals then.
Though if the Pisces Med Edition could rezz, wouldn't that be sweet... :love:

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Though if the Pisces Med Edition could rezz, wouldn't that be sweet...
Yeah, sorry but I don't really see that high-tier capability being accessible from a 'starter' ship. More likely it could have a low-tier bed, sorta like the Cutlass Red. I'm reasonably confident the Apollo will remain the smallest/cheapest craft available for a respawn bed.

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
Well there's the RSI Apollo series and the Origin 600i Explorer and the Endeavor...
oh...
You're probably talking about curently flyable?
Well, I wouldn't hold my breath regarding this years reveals then.
Though if the Pisces Med Edition could rezz, wouldn't that be sweet... :love:
If the Med Pisces had a rez-bed I'd buy 2 of them!!!!

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Looking closer at the picture, it appears as though parts of several other vehicles have been patched together, rather than this being a custom\planned design originally intended for mass production - Instead of the cockpit blending into the "living" section, it looks like the cabin of one vehicle has been welded onto the bulkhead of a section of a different vehicle (the corner of the living quarters extends past the corner of the cockpit, giving a flat front there, rather than the cockpit sloping out to meet the corner in a more "aerodynamic" manner). I'm hoping that's the case, as having an entry level ship that looks like someone put it together from scraps would certainly allow for a better "rags to riches" story (for the RP'ers) and be more immersive than starting out is a shiny new ship.

I also like the IAE motto "The war at home" - It seems like CIG are aware of what may happen should the "significant-other" of many players see how much they have pledged.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
9sa553px590a1.png

What an ugly little starter ship.
On the bright side, driving this gives me one more reason to drink until I'm blind.
Probably gotta buy me one.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Some more updates:
Features
  • 4 SCU of cargo space
  • Finest drake quality bed
  • Top-notch Drake Shoilet
  • 1s1 shield
  • 1s1 powerplant
  • Ability to fit a Mule

Better ship image (sadly my hope for it to be a combination of parts from several other ships is not to be):
Cutter1.png

"Cutterway" of ship showing interior:
Cutterway.png

If the part about fitting a MULE is accurate, I'd really love to see a pack with just a Cutter and a MULE made available - With LTI for warbond, I think that it would sell really well.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
View attachment 23704

What an ugly little starter ship.
On the bright side, driving this gives me one more reason to drink until I'm blind.
Probably gotta buy me one.
Yes, it does look a little ugly (seems too wide for it's length), but it may look better in person - And if the features mentioned on Pipeline are correct (fits a MULE), I could easily overlook the appearance for its utility.

I had been hoping that it would come in at the Mustang Alpha\Aurora MR price point (with associated starter pack), but now I'm worried it will be closer to the C8X or Avenger Titan for pricing.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I had been hoping that it would come in at the Mustang Alpha\Aurora MR price point (with associated starter pack), but now I'm worried it will be closer to the C8X or Avenger Titan for pricing.
I don't think you have to be too worried about pricing here. That ugly mug has no offence, no defence, no cargo capacity worth talking about besides the ability to carry a small vehicle with the one apparent use of helping you with bunker missions. And it's got a bed, true that.
It's not even close to a Avenger's usability.
So obviously it will be... hmmm... 5 dollars cheaper..? Maybe?🤗

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I don't think you have to be too worried about pricing here. That ugly mug has no offence, no defence, no cargo capacity worth talking about besides the ability to carry a small vehicle with the one apparent use of helping you with bunker missions. And it's got a bed, true that.
It's not even close to a Avenger's usability.
So obviously it will be... hmmm... 5 dollars cheaper..? Maybe?🤗
I'm guessing you have forgotten about one of the more recent Drake offerings (Cutlass Steel) which offered less than the existing ship it was based on, while costing considerably more :)

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I'm guessing you have forgotten about one of the more recent Drake offerings (Cutlass Steel) which offered less than the existing ship it was based on, while costing considerably more :)
Point taken. But in defence of Drake I'd like to point out that those seats ARE comfy and a remote turret covering your back can prove to be invaluable. And style cannot be enumerated with money.
On that note the Cutter shall never be that expensive because it totally lacks that Coppola/Bell Huey/Wagner - vibe.
Except if it comes with a cupholder. In that case all bets are off...

Forgot your password?