marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have checked it out, it seems to me that it is a luxurious button box. The issue I have with it is that you pay $100 for LTI for something you also can make yourself. I yet haven't seen any advanced macros or the ability to modify it yourself to your own needs. It seems to me that you pay for the design, which of course is worth something.

Have you checked out this?
View: https://youtu.be/SShjNnC5Y9U

This is what I earlier meant with custom MFD's. It also isn't more than an advanced button box, but it actually gives you some kind of feedback of your current setting and it only cost labor.

Vhexxus

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Vhexxus
I have a whole different approach to controls.....
I use a cheap reliable 3D Pro for my left hand, that I use for strafing and roll. It has a lot of buttons can use. It did not take long to get used to it either. I may go with a Thrustmaster in the future. My right hand, I use a Logitech trackball mouse. It is awesome for aiming and pitching and turning. I have Thrustmaster pedals on the floor that I use for forward and reverse strafing too. The pedals work and feel great for maneuvering, but more of a hassle for long continuous runs. Voice attack has made flying even better. I would like to add a cool switch box at some point, but right now my immersion is really good. I tried the HOTAS route, and it just doesn't feel right for a spaceship to me. Great for Airplane sims though. I also own a CH yoke that I may use flying my larger ships. Think of MISC ships having them. I'm starting to use a Xbox game pad for first person action. My long term goal is to not need a keyboard and to have a simpit that looks more or less like the ship I end up flying the most. I don't have a name for my setup, maybe HOTBASFOP+VA??? (Hands on Trackball and Stick, Feet on pedals + Voice Attack)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Voice Attack is pretty cool, but you know that is going to be near impossible to use in groups who are flying coordinated together. A bunch of guys flying together can't use push to talk, so you can only talk when necessary and can't use voice controls or someone else could be launching your missiles.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have checked it out, it seems to me that it is a luxurious button box. The issue I have with it is that you pay $100 for LTI for something you also can make yourself. I yet haven't seen any advanced macros or the ability to modify it yourself to your own needs. It seems to me that you pay for the design, which of course is worth something.

Have you checked out this?
View: https://youtu.be/SShjNnC5Y9U

This is what I earlier meant with custom MFD's. It also isn't more than an advanced button box, but it actually gives you some kind of feedback of your current setting and it only cost labor.
Wow. That's freaking awesome. So how does one go about setting that kinds of stuff up? I mean, I have enough tablets in the house, lol

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Wow. That's freaking awesome. So how does one go about setting that kinds of stuff up? I mean, I have enough tablets in the house, lol
Install LEA Extended input server on your PC and LEA Extended input client on your tablets. Register and check the online library or directly ask the source. I didn't put the weapon group macros / buttons online because it is custom made for every rig. The xmls depend on your controller IDs.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Ok. Installed and in the preliminary stages of setting up. I'm excited to see how this plays out.
1. Run as admin, 2. Enable Remote mode. Enable Keyboard Emulation will be enabled automatically
1548399775524.png

Make sure that your rig and tablet are on the same network.

Forgot your password?