Dual Joystick setup

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I just went into free flight arena commander and bound them one at a time from scratch until I was happy. I have seen some key maps on the reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I can say from experience using a lot of dual stick and after trying out others keybinding, that figure out what works for you and only use the others as guidelines and you be a lot more confident using them and learn how to use it a lot faster with better result so you enjoy it a lot more and faster.

For dual stick HOSAS take some getting use to ( I learned in a day by racing with it on Old Vanderval track ) but once you do get the hang of HOSAS you do not go back to HOTAS unless it's more suited for the vehicle.

:beers::beer::beers::beer::beer::beers:

Here I'm using HOSAS ( Dual stick ) and the control you have is unmatched.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I must second Mich. The perfect setup is the one you made yourself. Try flying, you will miss some stuff so you figure out what works best for you. You like to fly mixed decoupled, coupled, then you need a fast accessible button for that. You don't like decoupled, forget it and find something which suits you better.
You need pitch yaw on one stick, strafe left/right/up/down or left/right/forward/back on the other stick, just what suits you best. I go for left/right/up/down. It is a personal thing.
Firegroup 1 and firegroup 2 off course, missiles and countermeasures also essential. Shield and power management for the POVs. Targeting also is very important. Don't forget the boost and afterburner. All on the top. You don't want to get hands of stick to do something important.

The 16000 has a lack of buttons on top, so you must make a compromise.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?