Everyone's favorite "What ship would you keep?"

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
I haven't answered the question yet, have i?

Nox - kick and buy in game
Archimedes - Test it once and then kick/buy in game
Mustang Alpha - Test the new design, but will most likely keep it (game package)

-----

Hawk - If agile enough, my first choice light fighter
Reliant Sen - First choice science until better options in same size or smaller
Prospector - I like mining... i don't know. Test and see
M50 - Look at my avatar, i can't melt it.. omg i need help
Razor - If they fix the cockpit visibility, i might have to keep it
350r - Need to test the remake, then head to head against M50 and Razor

-----

Khartu Al - Pure love for agillity. Main fighter
Banu Defender - Need to test first, only useful for teamplay. High melting chance
Terrapin - Might go with the Sen and melt this winter sale madness choice

That was unproductive related to the agenda ...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
X1 Force, Sabre Raven, Vanguard Sentinel
I should have noted, I plan on the 600i explorer, but if the Polaris is nearly as fast, I could go with alll torpedoey too.

If we're going to be completely modifying ships, then I'd be tempted to blend Xi'an tech & styling as shown in a recent ATV with the elegance & opulence of the Banu within a BMM while swapping the BMM weapons with those organic seeming Vanduul cannons. Give the exterior a mirror black with golden trim & highlights upgrade. Now that is how I would TESTify.
Last I looked (a year ago?) there is some ability to swap out components with alien tech, but that is intended to be a huge pain in the ass. IIRC, the way reactors cool and require chillers is completely different between all EUU systems and all alien systems, and definitely the Vanduul weapons are very different. Last analysis still made it seem they're intended for alpha strikes and like most of their ships' systems, have no staying power. They overheat rapidly, but if they get you before they overheat, you are totally screwed. A pilot needs excellent trigger discipline to fly such a ship effectively, only shooting when he is pretty sure he can hit, but if you shoot that way, the Vanduul guns are pretty freakken awesome.

That said, the elephant in the corner is still that the S4 BEHR ballistic cannons are still slated to do much more damage than any other, S1-S5; and unlike Vanduul plasma weapons, they fly through shields.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Here is the scenario, you own the following ships:
----------------
Minor
Nox
Archimedes
Mustang Alpha

Medium

Hawk
Reliant Sen
Prospector
M50
Razor
350r

Major
Khartu Al
Banu Defender
Terrapin
-----------------

At the end of the day, you are allowed to keep 1 minor, 1 medium and 1 major ship (or instead of the major, 2 medium)

What ship would YOU keep?
Nox
Hawk
Terrapin

Forgot your password?