Everyone's favorite "What ship would you keep?"

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Currently the three racing ships suck at combat with the 350r being sort of the better there and its clear you like them as you put all three options in group 2. Also there is a chance the 350r will get a nice remake.
Yeah, i want racing ships for future ways to explore wormholes (if ever possible). The razor currently sucks at pilot visibilty and thus making it's weapons sort of inferior to use most of the time.
The 350r is double the size and can get that one good weapon in. But i don't like it's current design with the diagonal shaped back (+ it is double the size...)
The M50 is the most balanced. Although the Khartu Al beats every ships in agility overall. If only it would get a radar for exploring.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yeah, i want racing ships for future ways to explore wormholes (if ever possible). The razor currently sucks at pilot visibilty and thus making it's weapons sort of inferior to use most of the time.
The 350r is double the size and can get that one good weapon in. But i don't like it's current design with the diagonal shaped back (+ it is double the size...)
The M50 is the most balanced. Although the Khartu Al beats every ships in strafing and agility overall. If only it would get a radar for exploring.
The 350R is being updated with design modifications. (There is nothing "luxury" about having to crouch & crawl around inside a ship.)

In my opinion, MISC needs to replace that display that blocks most of the view with something similar to the Nox front visor. That way you can still have the HUD while seeing through it.

Don't forget about the 85x as far as small ships to explore smaller worm holes as it has a jump drive unlike the bikes. It can also carry a passenger beside the pilot.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'd melt them all to get the 600i Explorer with the Origin Rover.
Yeah, though I think I may like 4 X1 Force over a rover. Dunno yet. If they do nerf boarding actions and thereby privateering, I may go bounty hunter and the 600i is pretty sweet for that. If you can install the same EWar suite as the Sentinel, and maybe tweek it a bit with some Void Armor, and if the 600i is as fast and long range as it seems it will be, I could become an addict and forget there was ever another ship made.

Think the Raza in Dark Matter, and a cagey crew of miscreants aimin' to misbehave.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yeah, though I think I may like 4 X1 Force over a rover. Dunno yet. If they do nerf boarding actions and thereby privateering, I may go bounty hunter and the 600i is pretty sweet for that. If you can install the same EWar suite as the Sentinel, and maybe tweek it a bit with some Void Armor, and if the 600i is as fast and long range as it seems it will be, I could become an addict and forget there was ever another ship made.

Think the Raza in Dark Matter, and a cagey crew of miscreants aimin' to misbehave.
If we're going to be completely modifying ships, then I'd be tempted to blend Xi'an tech & styling as shown in a recent ATV with the elegance & opulence of the Banu within a BMM while swapping the BMM weapons with those organic seeming Vanduul cannons. Give the exterior a mirror black with golden trim & highlights upgrade. Now that is how I would TESTify.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Here is the scenario, you own the following ships:
----------------
Minor
Nox
Archimedes
Mustang Alpha

Medium

Hawk
Reliant Sen
Prospector
M50
Razor
350r

Major
Khartu Al
Banu Defender
Terrapin
-----------------

At the end of the day, you are allowed to keep 1 minor, 1 medium and 1 major ship (or instead of the major, 2 medium)

What ship would YOU keep?
Archimedes
Prospector
Khartu Al

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Although if I could have any three ships:

Cutty Black
Sentinel with Harbinger BUK
Caterpillar

Throw in a Dragonfly and maybe an X1 force and you gotta well rounded kickass little fleet.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Cheapest ships I own.

Gladius
Sabre
Vanguard

Point is... I am almost not looking forward to flying my huge ships because it is going to be so damn complicated to do... trying to find people, trying coordinate the movement, keeping them generating revenue, and so on. Unless we can automate testies, which will never happen.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The way I see it you want a medium or heavy fighter, a cargo ship to make money now, and a profession ship to make money later.

You can roll all of that into just the Cutlass, if you want a fairly nimble fighter, with cargo capacity and a future profession (which would basically be piracy, once they get the tractor working in SC.)

If you want 3 ships, I'd go with @Blind Owl's suggestions

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Here is the scenario, you own the following ships:
----------------
Minor
Nox
Archimedes
Mustang Alpha

Medium

Hawk
Reliant Sen
Prospector
M50
Razor
350r

Major
Khartu Al
Banu Defender
Terrapin
-----------------

At the end of the day, you are allowed to keep 1 minor, 1 medium and 1 major ship (or instead of the major, 2 medium)

What ship would YOU keep?
I took a pen and a piece of paper and started calculating melt values and such, then I stopped and read the question again. So I decided what I would keep from that exact list instead of trying to min-max it.
I'd keep the Nox, the Reliant Sen and the Prospector = ground vehicle, science and mining.

Forgot your password?