F*ck Cancer. A tribute to those we've lost.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
The day before my sister Jane died of brain cancer aged 40 (in 2005). She said to me
" I am not frightened of dying, I'm just sad for all the things I will miss, like seeing my son grow up."
I do not think of her as much as I used to perhaps only once a month now. Our mother has never gotten over it, she still gets upset on her Birthday and the anniversary of her death.
It altered my life; in that I absolutely know to live my best life with Mrs Intruder and to treasure time rather than money.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Fuck cancer!!, my thoughts to all to of you who lost someone to it. My condolences @Blind Owl

I'm lucky to still have my grandpa at 94 y.o., he had prostate cancer but the surgery was successful and he is still with us 20 years later. Lost my grandma to incompetence caused by covid histeria 2 years ago.
Lost my other grandpa over 30 years ago to throat cancer. I can't remember much of it as I was way too young at the time, but I remember it seemed fast. I was there visiting him one day at the hospital, next time I heard about it he was already gone.
As I'm getting older I'm understanding way more of the sentiment that time means more than worldly possessions, just like @Rear_Intruder said.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
My sincerest condolences to you, Crude and your family,
My wife survived cancer four years ago, and last year lost my brother-in-law to cancer of the oesophagus just five weeks after being diagnosed. My wife had also done a lot of work with the local cancer council and made many friends, not long after losing my brother-in-law, four of my wife's cancer friends died over a period of five months followed at Christmas time, losing her mum.

Seeing first hand how it can utterly destroy a person in a matter of weeks is a terrible thing to see, but my wife was grateful to have spent the last few moments of her brothers life holding his hand, and he knew he was loved, which is all we can hope for. It is a shitty lingering condition, and even if quick and simple can make everyone's life involved a misery. The two worst things i've ever had to do was tell my in-laws their eldest son is dead (the youngest committed suicide), and then six months later tell my father-in-law his wife is dead, and still over year since his death things are just still not right and it's taken a huge mental toll on everybody.

There's no silver lining, other than the fact she'll suffer no longer but still live on through you and your siblings, and it's good you have close family to lean on....and we're here too...we may not be the sharpest of shed tools, but we're here!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Sorry for being absent for the last couple weeks; we've been taking the time as a family to process and grieve.

Thank you, all, again, for sharing your stories and for your kind words. Y'all are the best damn community ever. Anywhere.

Cheers my TESTies.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
My sister is fighting the losing battle with stage 4 breast cancer right now.. she has held on to see both of her kids enter college. It is one of the reasons I've not been in game much of late.

Every single day is a gift.

Two of my best friends in this life are gone to cancer recently.. one made it to 50, the other didn't. Both had kids still in middle school.

@Blind Owl feeling your loss. Dad died of a heart attack just months before covid rampaged across the planet.

Last edited:

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
Today @CrudeSasquatch and I, along with the rest of our family, said goodbye to our mom. After close to a year-and-a-half battle with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, Mom finally passed this morning. She was 75.
View attachment 23478
Thanks for being the best Mom a gaggle of boys could ever ask for. You were kind, generous, loving, funny, and bloody ruthless with that wooden spoon when we needed it, ha.

You taught us, raised us, put up with us, and never hesitated to defend us. You loved us unconditionally.

Your long battle with this painful, wasting disease is over, and you've gone to a better place.

You will be missed, and forever in our hearts.

Thanks Mom. Godspeed.

---------------------------------------------------

I'd like to take this opportunity to open a forum for anyone else who has had to deal with this goodamned disease (or any other for that matter), so that we can share stories or struggles, commiserate, laugh, or simply remember and pay tribute.

Y'all have been a hell of a good geeking family, and I couldn't ask for a better org to be a part of.

Much love,

Owl

Oh Owl.. I am so very sorry. I beat stage 4 liver and stage 4 pancreatic cancer in 2020.. but having to start up the shit show again because of some bullshit cells found free floating in my blood recently. Cancer sucks on the best of days, but there is something particularly heinous about pancreatic cancer, it's SO FUCKING HARD to beat, I think it's roughly 5% of those who get it, survive past the 5 year mark. It's just really truly unfair that good people can get it. My heart is with you and your family <3

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh Owl.. I am so very sorry. I beat stage 4 liver and stage 4 pancreatic cancer in 2020.. but having to start up the shit show again because of some bullshit cells found free floating in my blood recently. Cancer sucks on the best of days, but there is something particularly heinous about pancreatic cancer, it's SO FUCKING HARD to beat, I think it's roughly 5% of those who get it, survive past the 5 year mark. It's just really truly unfair that good people can get it. My heart is with you and your family <3
Thanks man. And kudos for being one of the very lucky ones. That's freaking amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I send out my heart felt condolences to each of you over your losses. I share in your pain as over the past year & a couple months, I've lost my father & a surrogate mom to complications with the wuflu vaccine boosters, my grandma to Parkinson's & 2 weeks ago my uncle to complications with a surgery. I also apologize for not having been around much during that time, as I've been in a rather stressed out & dark place for obvious reasons.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Hey Owl: This memory popped up on my face book and I thought I would share. I hope you find it as humorous as I meant it at the time. 6 years ago the cherry on my pie was the BMT and here I am.
Anyhow this is how I described the new fuel lines installed for my Bone marrow transplant along with a pic.
As always I hope you have a laugh on me.

Testosterone man tap installed yesterday. Red tap is to donate a full testosterone dose to men who need a dab to stay active and caveman like.
The blue tap is filtered and deluded for a safe dosage for mellinial men whose girlfriends and wife's would prefer a less submissive and whinny man.
Mellinia man Side effects include :
The urge look under the hood of the family Smart Car,
Lingering in the tool section of the department store before heading to the hand bag department,
Standing to pee at the toilet and wearing men's underwear under his own clothing

man taps.jpg

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I send out my heart felt condolences to each of you over your losses. I share in your pain as over the past year & a couple months, I've lost my father & a surrogate mom to complications with the wuflu vaccine boosters, my grandma to Parkinson's & 2 weeks ago my uncle to complications with a surgery. I also apologize for not having been around much during that time, as I've been in a rather stressed out & dark place for obvious reasons.
Were always here man.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
You Sir are a true hard core tuff as nails cave dude and its an honor to hear your story. I wish you a strong and healthy journey :o7:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Jesus my friend, that is a hell of a year. I'm so sorry to hear that. We are here if you need to chat, hang, or just crash ships.
Hey Owl: This memory popped up on my face book and I thought I would share. I hope you find it as humorous as I meant it at the time. 6 years ago the cherry on my pie was the BMT and here I am.
Anyhow this is how I described the new fuel lines installed for my Bone marrow transplant along with a pic.

Testosterone man tap installed yesterday. Red tap is to donate a full testosterone dose to men who need a dab to stay active and caveman like.
The blue tap is filtered and deluded for a safe dosage for mellinial men whose girlfriends and wife's would prefer a less submissive and whinny man.
Lingering in the tool section of the department store before heading to the hand bag department,
Standing to pee at the toilet and wearing men's underwear under his own clothing

View attachment 23584
Beauties. This did give me a good laugh. Thanks man. Kudos to you for riding through it with humour and a positive attitude.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That's stories that you've all been sharing really exemplify the fact that we are all dealing with our own struggles and loss, and most of us would never know it about the others.

I can't speak for the entire community, but I can say with a fair amount of certainty that if any one of you are ever in need, of an ear, someone to drink with, of just some geeky companionship, than this org is here for you. These TESTies will be here for you.

Cheers my friends.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

View attachment 23584
Sign me up for a weekly subscription of the Blue stuff please.

Forgot your password?