F7C-M Loadout Question

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
How do you guys get the weapon groups set right? I have the damndest time in my SH because every time I set Group 1 then move my cursor to highlight group 2, the settings for group one 1. Ive been using freakin monoboats because I cant get it to work right. (I know to press F3 for hud mouse. thats how I am going about it) Any advice?

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
How do you guys get the weapon groups set right? I have the damndest time in my SH because every time I set Group 1 then move my cursor to highlight group 2, the settings for group one 1. Ive been using freakin monoboats because I cant get it to work right. (I know to press F3 for hud mouse. thats how I am going about it) Any advice?
I wish I had an answer for you. I didn't even know there was a HUD mouse. I thought that the default weapon groups in the SH were: Group 1 (wings) and Group 2 (nose and ball turrets). I wasn't aware that you could actually change the group settings.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I've come across this too, it actually does work what youre clicking, its the pictures that are bugged.
That works for you? Man, I always get random combos every time i pop in and out of the menu. Wonky firing tests confirm my possessed fire-groups. Really annoying

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Replace the CF-007 with M3A, they never overheat. For the rest I use CF-227 on the wings and CF-117 on the turret. Gimbal lock and you wil have some pretty concentrated fire which is hard to overheat, the CF-227 must be used with care but that is personal preference.
I got the same problem. I wanted to replace the canard turret with a third CF-227 and the bal turret with a Revenant, put the Panthers in one firegroup and the Revenant in another firegroup. The firegroup assignment messed it up.
Instead I don't mess with firegroup assignment but instead switch the dual-stage trigger assignment.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
That is a good idea. I shall give that a try, Thanks!
I still use the old fashion method, with advanced settings. too lazy to figure out how to do it in console. Crappy if I start with the wrong setup ;). Meanwhile I made a list with my preferred setup per ship, if i'm not too lazy to check that, then I start with the correct setup when switching ship :).

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
My F7C-R has a Hornet flashfire specialty mount (bought with credits) on top with a ballister cannon on it and then 3 omnisky IIIs.
It also carries 8 Spark I missles.
It packs a real punch. All those guns are rented with REC so they expire after 7 days.
I just rented 3 Omnisky sixes to try for 7 days. I hope to fiddle with coolers and shields as well since I'd bet heat is going to be a bit of an issue.
The Hornets have good potential and I just like everything about them.
They seem to be one of the best working ships at present. No "through the floor glitches and no problem getting in and out in EVA".
You really need to upgrade the guns to stand a chance against the Sabres though.
I'll find out what coolers and shields will work soon.
Hmm I have a little REC left...

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I don't think the cooler/shield upgrades actually do anything yet correct me if I am wrong?

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I put one better overdrive on it and one cooler. It seems to boost to max quicker but max velocity stays the same.
Cooling does not seem to have changed. Even if they are not working, it helps to try things out for future reference for knowing what fits.
I could be wrong as well. I have some other parts on order so to speak.
3 Omnisky VIs and a ballister cannon work very well. With the missles, even a stock Sabre should fear me a bit but it takes it all.
That'll end the ramming habit so many Sabres seem to have been successful at using against me. Now I have some teeth to bite back.
The range on the Omnisky VIs is a limiting factor but I got used to holding back.
My stats in AC have improved drastically anyway.
I still want a Sabre.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I still use the old fashion method, with advanced settings. too lazy to figure out how to do it in console. Crappy if I start with the wrong setup ;). Meanwhile I made a list with my preferred setup per ship, if i'm not too lazy to check that, then I start with the correct setup when switching ship :).
Hmmmm, I finally wasn't lazy :D. I played a little bit with console, didn't want to work in the beginning, drank a beer and kicked console under the but (actually I peaked at solarflys console readme) console lost the battle and obeyed my commands (put the files in the right folder and don't add the .xml extension)
I even took the time to un-double click the afterburner and put it under a convenient button.
The best part still is: the modified commands stay persistent until I change them, no console every time. If anybody want's to hear how to do it, just ask.
Now I only must press ~, pp_rebindkeys fg61 or pp_rebindkeys fg16, ~ and firegroups switched. Moving guns from one firegroup to another will be the next quest. Must be done with HUD.

Reactions: AstroSam

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I just flip the RDR/ALTM switch on my throttle to switch weapon groups for weapons one and two. (Solarfly target script).
I spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to change individual weapons to the right group. All I can say is, go into Arena commander / free flight and mess with weapons groupings until you figure it out..
Then go into a game with others, then die, then respawn and you'll find that all of your weapons are back to the default grouping anyway.
Mine will stay whatever way I have the switch flipped since the script reads it and implements that but individual guns will move back to default upon respawn at present.
The first half of my trigger fires group one. Pull it a bit further (to the end) and it fires group 2. Flip the switch and it is group 2 and then 1.
I imagine they will fix that part of it. I have died so many times fiddling with my groupings in a battle area it's not funny or recommended.
Other than flipping 1 and 2, I don't mess with groupings anymore. I just deal with what I can get or flip the switch. This is not optimal.
Maybe I can speed up my picking of weapons for each group but it can be a bit tedious and deadly.
It would be nice if you could set your groupings individually and they would stay persistent.
It's not there yet but it's good to learn how to do it for future reference.
I hope you get it figured out Marc.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I just flip the RDR/ALTM switch on my throttle to switch weapon groups for weapons one and two. (Solarfly target script).
I spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to change individual weapons to the right group. All I can say is, go into Arena commander / free flight and mess with weapons groupings until you figure it out..
Then go into a game with others, then die, then respawn and you'll find that all of your weapons are back to the default grouping anyway.
Mine will stay whatever way I have the switch flipped since the script reads it and implements that but individual guns will move back to default upon respawn at present.
The first half of my trigger fires group one. Pull it a bit further (to the end) and it fires group 2. Flip the switch and it is group 2 and then 1.
I imagine they will fix that part of it. I have died so many times fiddling with my groupings in a battle area it's not funny or recommended.
Other than flipping 1 and 2, I don't mess with groupings anymore. I just deal with what I can get or flip the switch. This is not optimal.
Maybe I can speed up my picking of weapons for each group but it can be a bit tedious and deadly.
It would be nice if you could set your groupings individually and they would stay persistent.
It's not there yet but it's good to learn how to do it for future reference.
I hope you get it figured out Marc.
Yeap, I checked the Solarfly method. He does the switching by scripting within the Target software. It is easier then console, but luckily I only have to do it once, at the beginning of fight, although it would be handy to let the 1st cool down while switching to the 2nd firegroup.
It can be done with VoiceAttack.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
Voice attack is looking better all the time but I am sure they will get the loadout selections to make more sense.
Idealy, I like similar guns with slower overheat times. longer range and unlimited ammo on trigger 1 and the limited ammo, faster overheat and lessor range ballistic on 2. I can do it pretty quickly now but still somehow the AI seems to know I am busy and they capitilize on it and start coming for me. Flipping the switch only flips everything on 1 to 2 or vice versa so I always end up with a non optimal mix unless I manually re-arrange weapons within groups every single time I spawn. Still flipping group 1 and 2 is generally better, but not perfect, mix.
I would love to see a video of you re-arranging within the groups via Voice attack.

Reactions: marcsand2

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
What weapons for the Hornet would be Kenetic. I'll try anything and everything.

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?