F7C-M Loadout Question

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I use 3 Panther 227 repeaters (nose, and both wings), plus 2 badger 117 repeaters on the turret. I usually don't have any issues with overheating unless I am constantly on the trigger. I find that with the punch I have from the Panthers, with the extra bit I get from the badgers, I don't have to be on the trigger very long. Hit em, kill em, move on to the next target.

If you are overheating a lot, you can use ammo based systems, but I would rather overheat than run out of ammo

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
that happens when you make a selection and leave the firegroup row. The images of the weapons stay the same, the ammo of the selected weapons get sorted after leaving the row. All selected weapon ammo goes to the left, not selected weapon ammo to the right.
It makes the Macros fail when it does that. *sigh* So much for that idea.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Interesting... from the 2.5 PTU bug fixes page. (2nd post)
"Fixed an issue where the CF-007 Bulldog Repeater, CF-117 Badger Repeater, and CF-227 Panther Repeater didn’t slow their rate of fire when running low on energy."

that means an all repeater setup may no longer be the best bet for some ships. We will have to do some testing. Will the people who get into 2.5 PTU let us know how that works?

Last edited:
Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It makes the Macros fail when it does that. *sigh* So much for that idea.
Not at all, I explained the behaviour of firegroup configuration:

I finally found some logic behind the weapon group mess.

press F3 to get into HUD mode, F6 to get into HUD weapon grouping.

I doesn't work at all, they messed up what you see in a very odd way ;) I will explain below.

It is very logical and there also is a bullet proof method to get it right :)

Super Hornet can be a pain to get it done right. It seems like the weapon selection is random, but there is a logic behind it.

I loaded the hornet with 2 panthers on wing, I replaced the canard turret with another Panther, I replaced the ball turret with a flashfire specialty mount.
Press F6
1st place is the canard Panther, 2nd place is the left wing Panther, 3rd place is the ball turret, 4th place is the right wing Panther. The ammo is sorted on the bottom
As you can see, fg1 has a Panther on 2nd and 4th place, fg2 has a Panther on 1st place a cannon on 3rd place.
View attachment 3048
Do you see the ammo places? fg1 on 1st and 2nd place a Panther, fg2 on 1st place a Panther and 2nd place the cannon.

If you go with your mouse over fg1, then next image will appear.
View attachment 3049
Don't look at the guns, look at the ammo. If you want to group all 3 Panthers in fg1, then you must select the 3rd weapon. The picture says cannon, the ammo says Panther.

Result is below, all 3 Panthers in fg1, 3rd Panther seems not to be selected, but ammo says it is selected ;)
View attachment 3050
If you move out off fg1 with the mouse, next image will be shown.
View attachment 3051

If you want to remove the Panther from fg2, then you must deselect the 1st place, but remember, when the Panther is gone, the cannon ammo will move to 1st place.
View attachment 3052

If you really messed up, you can fix this simple. Deselect all weapons from a firegroup. The ammo is matching the selected status, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place is a Panther.

Leave the firegroup with your mouse and reenter it again

As you can see, since no weapon is selected, weapon and ammo match again. Select all weapons you want to have in fg1 without get focus off fg1 (get mouse out off fg1). 1st, 2nd and 4th weapon.

With 3 Panthers and one cannon it is really simple, bullet ammo (100%) is Panther, cannon shells (120) is cannon. With mixed repeaters you can't tell on the ammo which kind off repeater you have.
I loaded the hornet with 2 panthers on wing, I mounted 2 Bulldogs on the canard turret, I mounted 2 Badgers on the ball turret.
View attachment 3053
1st and 2nd place is the canard turret, 3rd place is the left wing gun, 4th and 5th place is the ball turret, 6th place is the right wing gun. 2x repeater ammo in fg1, 4x repeater ammo in fg2.

If selected all weapons in fg1.
The ammo position will match with the weapon image.

If I remove the left Panther form fg1 (3rd position), leave fg1 and reenter fg1, then 1st and 2nd place will match, 3rd ammo is 4th weapon, 4th ammo is 5th weapon, 5th ammo is 6th weapon. To remove the right Panther I now must deselect the 5th ammo.

It is al little bit confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes very logical ;)
[EDIT] Damn, the forum didn't follow me. Now I must repeat the whole process to get all images fixed :(
[EDIT] What a big mess to get all the pictures right in this post!!!! A crash in the middle of the fix also helps allot :mad:
The behaviour is always the same. You only must find out which weapon position you should select, as long as you use the same loadout, it always will be at the same position.
Make your selections and deselections in one firegroup, without leaving it, when finished with one firegroup, move to the next firegroup. It seems random, but there is logic behind it. Logic makes it predictable ;) You just have to read my post carefully or try to figure out the logic :)

Reactions: DeepDrum

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I've got it down pretty quick now.
It looks like they are changing key bindings again. *sigh*

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?