wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
There are many reshade NVG presets for SC available on the net, however I made an attempt to create more realistic one; then I found some MS Flight Simulator presets and... decided to trash my settings and use modified MSFS ones ; )

Presets, shaders and textures attached below. Traditional green NVG, white phosphorus NVG, and fake Thermal Imaging (rather useless, but it might give cool results in some cases ; )

I've included my basic Star Citizen levels and vibrance preset too, as well as some extra effects originally included in the MSFS mod, like film grain, motion blur, etc.; they are disabled in my presets but they can be used to make fake NVG and Thermal Imaging effects more realistic.

Backup your 'reshade-shaders' directory, then extract zip file directly to Bin64 dir. Tested with Reshade 5.2.1.
Pro tip: set a cycle hotkey in Reshade settings to cycle through presets, i.e. SC -> Green NVG -> White Phosphorus NVG.

----
StarCitizen 2023-01-15 15-57-32.png

StarCitizen 2023-01-15 15-57-21.png

StarCitizen 2023-01-15 15-57-11.png

StarCitizen 2023-01-15 02-43-15.png

----
For installation instructions go to --

Attachments

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Those are very interseting setting, even the FLIR one looks good and plausibile even if fake and probably not working correctly...

It whould be usefull to have a compleate guide to how to use them 'tho... there are some software requirments? how to set it up?

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
@wmk

Backup your 'reshade-shaders' directory, then extract zip file directly to Bin64 dir. Tested with Reshade 5.2.1.

Oh could you please provide the folder path in more detail for me in case I'm wrong!

Program files> RSI>SC>PTU/Live>Bin64...?

I'm not seeing a shade file in there or the folder FTI past Bin64. HELP!!!

I want to see if I can build a coding path to this in Voice Attack.

Reactions: Mudhawk

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Those are very interseting setting, even the FLIR one looks good and plausibile even if fake and probably not working correctly...

It whould be usefull to have a compleate guide to how to use them 'tho... there are some software requirments? how to set it up?
  1. Download ReShade installer from https://reshade.me/ and launch it,
  2. When prompted to select target, choose \Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE\Bin64\StarCitizen.exe (or the same exe file in PTU or EPTU directories),
  3. Click on the pre-selected graphics API.
  4. Confirm the installation of standard shaders when the installer's pop-up message opens,
  5. Launch Star Citizen, hit 'Home' key once loaded into main menu,
  6. Set hotkey for cycling through presets, i.e. 'Delete' and another key for enabling reshade, i.e. 'End',
  7. Quit the game, backup 'reshade-shaders' directory and extract my zip file into 'Base64' dir; allow overwrite all,
  8. Launch Star Citizen again and enjoy prettier game with 'SC' preset, night vision with 'NVG-Green' or 'NVG-White_Phosphor', or fake thermal imagine with 'FLIR'.
; )

Last edited:

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
  1. Download ReShade installer from https://reshade.me/ and launch it,
  2. When prompted to select target, choose \Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE\Bin64\StarCitizen.exe (or the same exe file in PTU or EPTU directories),
  3. Click on the pre-selected graphics API.
  4. Confirm the installation of standard shaders when the installer's pop-up message opens,
  5. Launch Star Citizen, hit 'Home' key once loaded into main menu,
  6. Set hotkey for cycling through presets, i.e. 'Delete' and another key for enabling reshade, i.e. 'End',
  7. Quit the game, backup 'reshade-shaders' directory and extract my zip file into 'Base64' dir,
  8. Launch Star Citizen again and enjoy prettier game with SC preset, night vision with NVG-Green and NVG-White_Phosphor, or fake thermal imagine with FLIR.
; )
I'm here:

Attachments

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
That FLIR based one could be great for those action shots in a Machinma if you pretend you're in a AC-130 like situation.
Yep, visually it's really immersive on the feeling of an actual FLIR image, even if isn't acurate at all...
Using it in game is something to try out, bot for cinematic shot it provide some good effect.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Originally, thermal imaging effect was looking like that (below), but that was a little too much; I've been working with FLIR airborne systems and they are not that blurry ; )

StarCitizen 2023-01-15 02-31-18.png

Antar Nyaus

Rear Admiral
Aug 1, 2021
RSI Handle
storm-cleaver
Really nicely done! My wife's a photographer so we had played around with Reshade for ESO (it's been our family game since the beta). I had been meaning to try this out for a couple of years now and your presets are really nice. Thanks for the tip to set the toggles, saved me a bit of trial and error.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Really nicely done! My wife's a photographer so we had played around with Reshade for ESO (it's been our family game since the beta). I had been meaning to try this out for a couple of years now and your presets are really nice. Thanks for the tip to set the toggles, saved me a bit of trial and error.
Welcome to TEST and making your first post! Why not pop an intro in the Members Introduction section so we may get to know you better and give you a proper welcome?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Far as I am concerned reshade is hacking/exploiting.

Reactions: Bambooza

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
A personal opinion is a personal opinion, no need to argue there.
I'd like to point out though that playing with the gamma settings of your monitor or GPU would be hacking too within that definition. Because not much more is happening here.
To my knowledge, and correct me if I got that wrong, CIG is fine with the use of Reshade to improve your gaming experience.
Sure, those filters might give you an advantage over someone running a vanilla Star Citizen setup.
But so does the use of Tobii Eye Tracker, the Elgato Stream Deck or a Joystick like the Virpil or VKB models compared to a Logitech 3D Pro and the likes.
And at least those Reshade filters are open to anyone no matter what size their wallet is.
That being said, it is true that if we are in a fight and I can see you while you can't see me then your f#ck3d... :-P

Reactions: Bambooza and wmk

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Cheers, man. There are other NVG presets available on the net, but I wanted to (try to) simulate real night vision; at some point I even had an overlay limiting field of view, and delayed eye adaptation.

As Rooster says, it's been whitelisted by CIG for a while.

Besides, if reshade NVG would be considered as cheating, you should also call using 3rd person and advanced camera controls cheating too -- I can switch to 3rd person, move the camera and see what's behind any obstacle.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?