Fastest way to get to another point on the same planet?

EVPilot

Space Marshal
Apr 1, 2018
RSI Handle
EVPilot
I was on Yela one time at a shelter and I wanted to get to Benson on the otherside. What is the best way to get there? Try and fly direct to it or go out into orbit and come back down to it? Is there any kind of navigation equipment to get me there? I was basically homing there by adjusting my course based on where I was moving on the star map. It wasn’t efficient at all.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I was on Yela one time at a shelter and I wanted to get to Benson on the otherside. What is the best way to get there? Try and fly direct to it or go out into orbit and come back down to it? Is there any kind of navigation equipment to get me there? I was basically homing there by adjusting my course based on where I was moving on the star map. It wasn’t efficient at all.
Go out into orbit until you can target the OM points, then look for an OM point close to your destination, or
I usually QD to another location, then QD to a location on the other side of the moon, then return to the moon.

Reactions: Ammorn and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Go out into orbit until you can target the OM points, then look for an OM point close to your destination,
There's actually an issue with this, if you have landed and exited your seat. You'll lose the location icons for the current moon. including the OM markers.
The fix to restore the OM points is to select another destination, then select the current destination again. That may not restore all of the locations. Sometimes, you actually have to travel to another destination, like @SullyQuindarius said, and back to get all the locations. It's been reported as a bug.

Forgot your password?