Finally had the Ammo Glitch

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
[DISCLAIM] I know, its an Alpha and not finished yet [/DISCLAIM]

So, i've finally had the Ammo Glitch with some Rec'd Tarantula Mk3's when testing out the Mk11 Broadswords. Shame, with three Mk3's and the Combine on my Ghost it makes a powerful punch (When the Combi hits the side of the barn).

Although the Panthers are nice i just can't keep a ship in my sights long enough to make the best advantage of them, so i'll be rocking the heavy artillery - i think i have finally found my style. Also learned how to fire missiles. Thats useful.

The Tarantula projectile speed is just a little too low for the Combi and the BroadSword just a little too fast. As its Alpha i wonder if the devs will look kindly on me and up the Tarantula projectile speed, or drop the Combines? ;)

Any other good s3 alternatives for those with aiming difficulties?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This ammo glitch has biased me towards laser weapons. Perhaps I will re-evaluate ship weapons once the issue has been resolved.
It does give me an excuse to give them a go - I keep telling myself its Alpha and buying components now is not a great idea, but then I have the Combine, Revanent and am thinking of 3x Mk 3 Tarantulas... But when i get to try the s3 Omnisky will it change my mind?

All good fun, the perils of Alpha play.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I've never had the ammo glitch and I use ballistics all the time - BUT I always kit my ships out in my hangar, never in the PU so that's probwbly why as I've heard the bug is to do with the PU.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've never had the ammo glitch and I use ballistics all the time - BUT I always kit my ships out in my hangar, never in the PU so that's probwbly why as I've heard the bug is to do with the PU.
I got it in the hangar, took off my mk3's, was going to put the Broads on but then thought "I like the Tarannies better" and put them back on... poof, no ammo in PU, AC, even free flight. Even swaped the REC Mk3's for the ones off other ships in the free flight, no deal. I'll wait for the REC to expire and re-hire, hoping that should do the trick.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
PU or in the Hangar, I always have issues when equipping ballistics. I've tried equipping in both. Just randomly does or does not want to work sometimes.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Basically, I agree with everything everybody has said! I love the Tarantula's on my Freelancer, and I've moved them around (both PU and in the hanger, after several bugs/issues), and while I love the "punch" of the ballistics...all the above issues (plus, the running out of ammo thing) has biased me now to an all Panther laser load-out. There's just one PIP, they are powerful, don't seem to glitch, and I never run out of ammo.

I'm hoping they keep re-tooling the ballistics, I really want to use a multi-Mantis load out and shred some pirate M50's!

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
I would like to try out a gattling Super Hornet but.....can't.
I miss the days we could mount size 3 weapons on the ball turrets... running 5 gatlings on a sh (2 gimballed) was seriously op. we can still run 3 plus a revenant but you will have different pips and they overheat quick. But like the panthers they land on target a lot easier. You could run 4 on a sabre and with a freelancer you can do 4 gimballed.. which is pretty cool. I would be happy to load out my sh with gatlings sometime and let you take it for a spin :)

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I used 3 rented Tarantulas on the Ghost for the longest time and they worked great. Mucho dakka dakka. :D
But then I rented SH and a couple more Tarantulas to try to put turret on Ghost. Turret went on fine, but ever since then I can get more than 2 Tarantulas (sometimes only one) to spawn with ammo. :(

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I used 3 rented Tarantulas on the Ghost for the longest time and they worked great. Mucho dakka dakka. :D
But then I rented SH and a couple more Tarantulas to try to put turret on Ghost. Turret went on fine, but ever since then I can get more than 2 Tarantulas (sometimes only one) to spawn with ammo. :(
Strangely it was after i borrowed the SH ball turret that i started to have issues. No problems prior, hopefully after the SH is taken off me on the 17th i'll be back to business.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I tried to get the ammo glitch and I was successful. Then I tried to solve the problem, that was harder than I guessed. I loaded guns in hangar and tested in drone sim.
1. 3x Panther
2. 3x Tarantula: 3x ammo
3. 3x Broadsword: 1x ammo 2x no ammo
4. 3x Panther
5. 3x Tarantula: 3x ammo
6. 3x Broadsword: 1x ammo, 2x no ammo
Looks like the Tarantula ammo stays in the ammo slots
7. 3x Longsword: 3x ammo
8. 3x Broadsword: 1x ammo, 2x no ammo
9. 1x Broadsword + 2x Longsword: 3x ammo
10. 2x Broadsword + 1x Longsword: 2x ammo, 1x no ammo
clear the ammo slots by mounting s2 repeaters
11. 1x Broadsword + 2x Badgers: 1x ammo
12. 2x Broadsword + 1x Badger: 1x ammo
I couldn't get the 3 Broadswords with ammo. I tried at least 20 times, no luck, restarting the game, no luck.

Today I tried another setup. I have 9 Broadswords in my inventory, 5 rented, 4 in my stock. First I loaded my loaner F7C with 3 Broadswords, then I loaded my second (free fly week) F7C with 3 Broadswords, last I loaded my F7CM with 3 Broadswords. Result: the loaner has no ammo on 2 Broadswords, the Super Hornet has ammo again :D
The problem is not the weapon slots, the problem is the weapons. When they get bugged, they will not have ammo until your hangar is resetted by CGI, hopefully at the end of the free fly week.

[EDIT]
And directly followed by the next bug: in Drone Sim I have 3 Broadswords and the Revenant on my SuperHornet, in Vanduul Swarm I have 3 Panthers and the Revenant on the SuperHornet :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Today I tried another setup. I have 9 Broadswords in my inventory, 5 rented, 4 in my stock. First I loaded my loaner F7C with 3 Broadswords, then I loaded my second (free fly week) F7C with 3 Broadswords, last I loaded my F7CM with 3 Broadswords. Result: the loaner has no ammo on 2 Broadswords, the Super Hornet has ammo again :D
The problem is not the weapon slots, the problem is the weapons. When they get bugged, they will not have ammo until your hangar is resetted by CGI, hopefully at the end of the free fly week.

[EDIT]
And directly followed by the next bug: in Drone Sim I have 3 Broadswords and the Revenant on my SuperHornet, in Vanduul Swarm I have 3 Panthers and the Revenant on the SuperHornet :rolleyes:
Fingers crossed for the Hangar Reset fixing it, my Combine now won't fire but my Rev will - as i have bought these if they are stuck they are stuck until 2.6 assuming its fixed then.

Yep, i've experienced your second issue too, but further to that I have changed the guns in the Hangar then gone to Free Flight or whatever and my ship will suddenly have the set-up from a couple of changes ago, which is weird. Also, launched in to a free flight to see if the ammo would work and what i can only assume is Loading Code appeared on the screen and the ship would not control. Had to type "quit" in to the last line of code, which then closed the game... Raised it with the Isue Council, the joys of Alpha! :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
And also a 2nd bug, checkout the wings of the SH!!!
View attachment 4368
and the wings of the F7C
View attachment 4369

The wing of the SH stay folded, it also shoots sidewards instead of forward!!!!
Way weird, I get that mostly in races, can't fire weapons there though...

Check out the screen capture from the video in my issue report:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha/SC-31709-Game_Coding_Lines_showing_in_Drone-Sim_Free_Flight

Don't think there will be much recreation of that one!

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Your ship on the screenshot was a F7C, not a F7CM ;) The HUD is different.
Good spot, I thought I had selected the F7Cs in the game and in the drop-down, but obviously not.... just checking the video now in case i accidentally chose the wrong ship in the game, too.....

EDIT - Video shows choosing the Ghost, the code in the screenshot says F7C but it cuts off there... damn my overly long username!

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?