For science!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So just logged into the game for the first time since AC 0.8. I'm gonna need to practice all the things before actually trying anything with any hope of success so give me a bit of time before I get back to you guys who are interested. :P
Best piece of advice I can give: In 2.6.3 Hold F to get off the toilet in the Connie Taurus, don't tap it.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I will help out. One of the things I hate about the PTU is people think it's an opportunity to do whatever for "testing". Thing is, if they just ASKED, I am sure they would get tons of volunteers, instead of harassing people who are working on testing other specific bugs. You want to kill me for testing, I'm ok with that. Just tell me when and where. If I am not busy testing another bug, I will be happy to help out.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
Right, of course but in the case of just stealing a ship, it's not so much science since we know that is possible. But I am really curious to know if using a reclaimer in this method will work, and I also want to know what sort of reaction the pilot of the stunned ship would have to having his ship thusly eaten while still inside it. Not for griefing! For science! And maybe for a Test promo video on how we are doing space science. Of course it will be tested scientifically on a variety of ships/vehicles in a variety of situations. Again, this is just one thing I was thinking of.

How many rail guns hits to a specific area of a specific ship will knock out what parts of the ship? What is the longest distance you can fall and survive on a particular moon? How many Aurora Kamikaze strikes does it take to kill a Starfarer? What is the maximum possible debris field that can result from a fully loaded Caterpillar exploding? Do different types of cargo create a change in dispersion? These are all questions that can be answered through scientific testing.
I know how many Auroras it takes to kill a Starfarer. just one. you hit it right in the kisser, it will take the nose of the ship right off.

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
Hello fellow testies.

I have been lurking about waiting for 3.0 for a long time. Anyhow, now that it's here I would like to start testing a few things out for science. The Reclaimer should be coming out soon-'ish' from the look of it and I wanna test out things like using a couple wingmen with EMPs to see if it's possible to recycle a stunned ship with occupants inside and other stuff like that. NOT for griefing, as hopefully we'll find volunteers for this. Anyhow, you get the idea, this is just a sample of what I had in mind.

If anyone would be interested in doing this type of important technical experimentation please let me know so we can work something out. I haven't actually played since around AC 0.8 or something like that so it will take me a while to relearn how to fly and do space science.
I have this picture of a Reclaimer sitting above Olisar munching ships as they get spawned onto the pads... I’m betting that the thing would absorb a lot of shots from security forces before it popped like a scrap piñata ..... it’s raining scrap....

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
OK! I have some science to report, and it's a bit troubling! Concerning our primary war-machine the Aurora, the thrusters are not very strong, especially the ones located in the nose. I started my decel into Levski at 15K. It became quite apparent to me this was not going to work out well at about 8K to Levski. I flipped 180 to use my main engines to decel and still slammed into Levski at around 500m/s. So be aware, Auroras moving at max AB speed of over 1100m/s take a long time to slow down.

For Science!

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace
Forgot your password?