Four unannounced ships coming

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
Yep, the Vulcan is an allrounder and doesn't look to have the defecated fuel capacity to be able to do more than a splash and dash for larger ships.

A Vulcan may be able to give a ship enough fuel to fly to the nearest base, but if a dustem doesnt have a nearby base it's going to be a bit sketchey.
Have you ever had a tow truck show up with a full tank of gas when someone is forgetful enough not to fill their gas tank? Just saying....

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Have you ever had a tow truck show up with a full tank of gas when someone is forgetful enough not to fill their gas tank? Just saying....
That's a good point...Do you think the Argo SRV tow truck should also have a limited refuel capacity so they don't have to tractor a ship back to port if all the atendee needed was a top up?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So as consensus is the Vulcan will be sufficient to be a small refuel, do you think it will have the ability to collect and refine fuel? That is one of the conditions I would have on a defecated refuel ship, that it collect as well as supply/sell so it meets all the chriteria of that game loop.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I worked for a couple years performing roadside assistance jobs to stranded motorists. Periodically I was called to tend to people that ran out of gas. During which calls, I made a pit stop at the local gas station on the way to them, then put in the 2 gallons of fuel I collected & then was dedicated enough to complete the job by following them to the nearest open gas station just in case either something else broke them down or it wasn't enough fuel to get them there.

So as cnsensus is the Vulcan will be sufficient to be a small refuel, do you think it will have the ability to collect and refine fuel? That is one of the conditions I would have on a defecated refuel ship, that it collect as well as supply/sell so it meets all the chriteria of that game loop.
I'm pretty sure that the Vulcan will NOT be able to gather or refine the fuel itself as it's supposed to have a spare pair of fuel tanks for the drones to give slight refuels to the ships that call for their services.

On the other hand, they'll be able to also perform repairs & rearming functions when the parts / ammo is available.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
So as consensus is the Vulcan will be sufficient to be a small refuel, do you think it will have the ability to collect and refine fuel? That is one of the conditions I would have on a defecated refuel ship, that it collect as well as supply/sell so it meets all the chriteria of that game loop.
It will have zero ability to collect and refine fuel. Refining will be the Starfarer and/or the Orion.
The Vulcan will be repair/rearm/refuel only. It should be able to give you both reaction mass and Quantum fuels

From the Q&A page
”To put a ballpark estimate, that will naturally adjust during development and testing, we expect that the Vulcan would be able to fully fill 8-10 or so small tanks, 2-3 medium tanks and half a large tank. Filling a tank will require multiple trips with drones however.”

“As mentioned its a hard thing to define, but somewhere around Retaliator/Constellation size is the goal for a full refuel.”

“The external fuel tank, which contains two fuel tanks to separate Hydrogen and Quantum fuel, is purely for transfer to other ships via the drones. The Vulcan has its own separate fuel tanks to draw from”

So as you can see, it’s a fairly large tank, and if they are using a relatively efficient quantum drive, they can probably get to where they are going. If they are using a fast drive on a small ship in a big system, then the Vulcan can sell them a more efficient drive…for 3-4x the cost of doing it at the store…and will require you to trade in that fast drive too.

and expect to pay 5 or more times the cost of fuel, plus service call fees, refueling fees, replacement drive fees, etc…most of those will be waived for test members, but still expect to pay some amount to cover the costs of that service…

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I worked for a couple years performing roadside assistance jobs to stranded motorists. Periodically I was called to tend to people that ran out of gas. During which calls, I made a pit stop at the local gas station on the way to them, then put in the 2 gallons of fuel I collected & then was dedicated enough to complete the job by following them to the nearest open gas station just in case either something else broke them down or it wasn't enough fuel to get them there.

I'm pretty sure that the Vulcan will NOT be able to gather or refine the fuel itself as it's supposed to have a spare pair of fuel tanks for the drones to give slight refuels to the ships that call for their services.

On the other hand, they'll be able to also perform repairs & rearming functions when the parts / ammo is available.
It will have zero ability to collect and refine fuel. Refining will be the Starfarer and/or the Orion.
The Vulcan will be repair/rearm/refuel only. It should be able to give you both reaction mass and Quantum fuels

From the Q&A page
”To put a ballpark estimate, that will naturally adjust during development and testing, we expect that the Vulcan would be able to fully fill 8-10 or so small tanks, 2-3 medium tanks and half a large tank. Filling a tank will require multiple trips with drones however.”

“As mentioned its a hard thing to define, but somewhere around Retaliator/Constellation size is the goal for a full refuel.”

“The external fuel tank, which contains two fuel tanks to separate Hydrogen and Quantum fuel, is purely for transfer to other ships via the drones. The Vulcan has its own separate fuel tanks to draw from”

So as you can see, it’s a fairly large tank, and if they are using a relatively efficient quantum drive, they can probably get to where they are going. If they are using a fast drive on a small ship in a big system, then the Vulcan can sell them a more efficient drive…for 3-4x the cost of doing it at the store…and will require you to trade in that fast drive too.

and expect to pay 5 or more times the cost of fuel, plus service call fees, refueling fees, replacement drive fees, etc…most of those will be waived for test members, but still expect to pay some amount to cover the costs of that service…
Ahhh, I shall rephrase my original estimate to small/medium fuel harvest and refule as Pyro is going to need them...

That said, watch all of them be Agriculture now! 🙃

Forgot your password?