Free Look using FOIP

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I'm using the c920 myself, i've noticed a few issues with tracking. One problem seems to be my main monitor size, at 40" it's wall mounted because of the desk, I noticed I had to be very close to the camera to get it to face track and calibrate,
Dude! I had the same problem! And then I watched Myre's video, and all problems were solved! Really!

Check out Myre's post & video:
https://testsquadron.com/threads/made-a-quick-5-minute-tutorial-for-foip.14359/#post-273440

TL;DR:
The Logitech c920 has its own special camera control software...download it and then use the zoom function to zoom in on your face!

For the record, I'm using a 43 inch TV, and I'm sitting about 8 feet away (yes, I took out my tape measure). Using the zoom feature with the camera mounted on top of my TV, it was 100% successful at using my face, and then finding it again when I got up, left, & came back (7 out of 7 tries!).

Reactions: Michael

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I dug out my ancient Microsoft Lifecam HD3000 from the random cables drawer, and works surprisingly well!
It seems to be working at 15 fps though, according to the calibration app at least. I can't find the software controls yet, I remember it having a zoom function and such (damn windows10 lol)
It's fun to mess around with for now.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I dug out my ancient Microsoft Lifecam HD3000 from the random cables drawer, and works surprisingly well!
It seems to be working at 15 fps though, according to the calibration app at least. I can't find the software controls yet, I remember it having a zoom function and such (damn windows10 lol)
It's fun to mess around with for now.
afaik Microsoft doesn't support the lifecams anymore. My HD-5000 is constanly trying to refocus and i have no way to change that. (maybe with regedit i will try that today)

(Edit did some reseach maybe this works: https://rajapet.com/2018/04/05/focusuf-or-how-to-turn-off-the-autofocus-setting-of-the-lifecam-hd-5000-webcam/)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
afaik Microsoft doesn't support the lifecams anymore. My HD-5000 is constanly trying to refocus and i have no way to change that. (maybe with regedit i will try that today)
Hmm, that's funny, cos I checked on their site and it's still available to buy and had win10 listed as supported, so it looked like a pretty recent lol. Still they didn't have anything useful in the downloads section, only user manuls, so yeah they seem to have abandoned the software suit for it. It was first released in 2004 so I don't really blame em, it's just strange that you can still order one from them lol.
Good luck with the regedit!

Reactions: Michael
Forgot your password?