Made a quick 5 minute tutorial for FOIP!

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
Thanks for the video, it was *extremely* helpful. I appreciate that it was under 6 min, too.

Dang, I had a Logitech c920, but didn't know anything about the Logitech software. Zooming in on the face & flexing the eyes and eyebrows were great suggestions!
Glad you found some part of this useful! I feared by making it too short that I'd miss out on some information so I'll probably add head/eye tracking and other tidbits once VOIP and comms are fully integrated.

Reactions: Deroth and Michael

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
That was pretty good wondering though why it couldnt track your teeth well it was like your teeth were almost always closed while you were talking.

Reactions: Michael

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
Likely due to how I had calibrated my mouth. The model is rigged to part the lips quite a way before the mouth itself opens up. I'd given several different 'calibration poses' a shot but I still haven't quite perfected it; too wide or too narrow and you start getting these horrific mouth shapes. A neutral face during calibration causes that goofy overbite smile you may have seen on the subreddit. I'm sure all this will iron out during development and we won't necessarily need to pose so specifically to get calibration to work in the future though.

Reactions: Deroth and Michael
Forgot your password?