Fun Fact-Buying advise for Polaris

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
So, if you want to buy the Polaris, say for example, buy one after melting ships. You lose your Star Citizen playing ability. Yeah. I traded in everything to get it. Which I learned was mistake. I cannot play Star Citizen. When you look what it comes with, Star Citizen access is not included.. soo.... RIP

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Yeah I don't get why they couldn't include a game package instead of a physical brouchure

P.S. This damn ship has no med bay. 24 crew, a pool table, food dispenser, toilets I think and no Med bay.
You mean a Beer-bay?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Pay special attention to any packages you buy. My initial Aurora had SC, SQ42, the soundtrack, and a star map (digital)

When I upgraded to the Mega Explorers pack there was SC and SQ42, but no soundtrack or map. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I wanted them so they cost an additional $10 to get both.

With so many meetings and buying it's difficult to keep track of your stuff. I'd recommend an audit every so often, it's what I do. And it let's you see all the pretty $100+ jpegs you've bought!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
So, if you want to buy the Polaris, say for example, buy one after melting ships. You lose your Star Citizen playing ability. Yeah. I traded in everything to get it. Which I learned was mistake. I cannot play Star Citizen. When you look what it comes with, Star Citizen access is not included.. soo.... RIP
Ask for a game package in the marketplace! And yes, Polaris is standalone :(

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well you've spent 750 dollars on basically a bunch of worthless pixels, so I would suggest you spend 40 more dollars on an aurora game package so you can play the actual game.

As a bonus - you will get an aurora which you can use for drunken test squadron sun destruction attempts?

Feb 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Kremlin-Kommander
For some odd reason I just couldn't make sense of the future stats and why this thing would be a good choice. I have the carrack and it is about the same size and seems to be able to do more aside from the fighting part which is going to be expensive to say the least. (not talking trash about it) I just don't see how this thing works unless you are in a big group of people since going out deep in space with only 1 fighter seems like a bad idea. Now if it had 2 or 2.5 ships in the bay then maybe the story gets better.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Read before you act. This will prevent future sad faces.
Pffff, I've made the same mistake one day. So what, no big deal. Buy a starter package on the grey market or one regular via RSI. Lessons learned - next time you probably are able to warn some newbies to prevent them from doing such mistake.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Yeah I don't get why they couldn't include a game package instead of a physical brouchure

P.S. This damn ship has no med bay. 24 crew, a pool table, food dispenser, toilets I think and no Med bay.
I'd wager that's because med bays are typically on dedicated platforms (endeavor, cutlass red), ships that spend a lot of time on the ground (Carrack), or true-blue capital ships with large enough crews to warrant it.

Yes, the polaris is a cap ship, but at 24 crew, it's not huge. Furthermore, we don't know what the crew facilities look like; there may be a small med bay tucked in there somewhere.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
+ the Polaris might not be ready when game launches
That's OK. I've waited over 13 years for a game like this, since I first said "This is what i want" while playing Mace Griffin Goddamn Bounty Hunter and realizing I could step out of the cockpit and wander around my ship's interior in the middle of a battle.

I can wait a little more.

Forgot your password?