Fun Fact-Buying advise for Polaris

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
So, if you want to buy the Polaris, say for example, buy one after melting ships. You lose your Star Citizen playing ability. Yeah. I traded in everything to get it. Which I learned was mistake. I cannot play Star Citizen. When you look what it comes with, Star Citizen access is not included.. soo.... RIP
The best way to get a ship you want without having to melt it is the CCU system. That way, you save your package, but the value of the ship is used toward the upgrade to your desired ship.

Hadron Xon

Space Marshal
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Hadron_Xon
My Aurora starter package is wrap in a triple layer adamantium shell with do not sell stickers all over it.Regardless of its cash value it is the most important package i own.

I been thinking a lot over the last few weeks ....Being we are in an org with hundreds of people some with every ship you can get and probably all LTI at that(which can be loaned out):

Going forward is there any good reason to buy a bunch of ships at this point ? I mean looking at our roster we have ships for days.

That's not to say that everyone will loan out ships but at the least you could crew on one or fly a ship if permission was granted.I am thinking of going with one ship myself once i find the specialization (mining,Combat ops,rescue,Trade,bounty hunting) i want to pursue.

So i think you buying the Polaris was a good move .......but lol next time don't sell your game package, its the most important purchase on your account.

eaglemmoomin

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
eaglemmoomin
I melted everything and then did a buy back of my original Aurora LX then CCU'd it into a Polaris. Since it was credits I still 'got' the discount effectively as there was no tax. I then did a buy back of my archimedes LTI (which I paid tax on as a repurchase). However now when I go to CCU I can't use the full amount of my credit (I have enough for an Andromeda) the store is limiting me and then trying to charge me VAT on something I already paid VAT on? What gives is there a limit to the amount of credit you can spend in a day?

Ah no me being stupid I ccu'd the archimedes into a DUR and just put the max dollars in credits that it let me do and that removed the VAT. Phew.

Wish you could do buy backs with store credits. I had a vanguard, a retaliator base, a sabre, an andromeda and a SH with four of them LTI. Now I have two ships. Seriously considering a Bucaneer now with what I have left in credits but it won't be LTI. Wish you could do buy backs with store credits. I mean I get why CIG don't do it as they want you to spend more money. Seriously considering a Bucaneer now with what I have left in credits but it won't be LTI and I'll get stiffed for the tax on it.

Nope turns out buying Merlin with store credits then ccu to Buc comes in at $110 dollars. I didn't try buying the Buc straight from the store though so I guess that would have turned out the same maybe?

The Polaris is damn expensive when you actually tot up all the cash. I hope it has some multi role capability but I expect not.

Last edited:

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
The Polaris is damn expensive when you actually tot up all the cash. I hope it has some multi role capability but I expect not.
It's a sub-capital ship. It's going to be about as multi-role capable as the idris was back when it was a corvette, which means it should be acapable of managing smaller fleet ops as well as individual missions, both in space and planetside. In addition, while it's not the best hauler, it's got cargo capacity to either keep itself stocked for a while or move a relatively significant amount of materials. It's also supposedly fairly efficient, meaning while you won't neccessarily want to try and reach the far frontiers in it, you should be right at home out in space for extended periods.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I've said it before, any pledging over a certain amount of dollars (60, 100, etc) should automatically get you a copy of the game. Or just have CIG sell standalone game packs outside of ships for reduced prices (like how the ship game packs are 15 bucks more than the standalone)

It's a bit stupid that someone could buy 1000$ worth shit but not be able to play, let's be honest.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
I've said it before, any pledging over a certain amount of dollars (60, 100, etc) should automatically get you a copy of the game. Or just have CIG sell standalone game packs outside of ships for reduced prices (like how the ship game packs are 15 bucks more than the standalone)

It's a bit stupid that someone could buy 1000$ worth shit but not be able to play, let's be honest.
I agree, something around $500 or above should net you game access.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I nearly did this with my game package back when i was melting for a Warlock... CCU'd it instead and locked myself out of the possibility of LTI. Now it has been CCU'd again in to a Ghost and has to be my main fighter because of the CCU value locked up in it. Trapped myself there really but hey-ho there you go.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I nearly did this with my game package back when i was melting for a Warlock... CCU'd it instead and locked myself out of the possibility of LTI. Now it has been CCU'd again in to a Ghost and has to be my main fighter because of the CCU value locked up in it. Trapped myself there really but hey-ho there you go.
There is a LTI solution. I will cost you some bucks:
1. Melt your Ghost non-LTI game package
2. Rebuy the game package 1 day later with store credits and your "1x buyback with store credits" token
3. Buy a cheap LTI token like the Argo
4. Upgrade the Argo LTI to a Ghost LTI

It will cost you the ships price of your game package extra

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
2. Rebuy the game package 1 day later with store credits and your "1x buyback with store credits" token

Are there any cheap LTI Ships atm? i guess not or did i miss something?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Its always good to buy a bunch of cheap LTI ships during concept sales (like Dragon or Argo), then if the case may be melt them for having the funds and buy back options later. This always gave me the flexibility to test nearly every ship without being forced to grind REC.

Reactions: marcsand2

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Thanks, that seems simple enough :) (famous last words)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Amen. Having a 1450 dollar package with no game attached is beyond stupid.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
P.S. This damn ship has no med bay. 24 crew, a pool table, food dispenser, toilets I think and no Med bay.
That's quite lame considering the Carrack does come with a med bay... but then again, the Polaris is actually not a big ship (in relation) if you keep in mind that most of it's fat rear consists of the Hangar.

Reactions: BUTUZ and marcsand2

2fat

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
2fat
Well you've spent 750 dollars on basically a bunch of worthless pixels, so I would suggest you spend 40 more dollars on an aurora game package so you can play the actual game.

As a bonus - you will get an aurora which you can use for drunken test squadron sun destruction attempts?
I sir will be using my $750 Arora for drunk squadron.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
$750? You must have been drunk when you bought that aurora!

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
1: Melt Polaris
2: Buy Game Package
3: Upgrade ship in package to Polaris for the difference between the costs of the two ships.

Seems like the safest and cheapest way to do what you're trying to. $60 for Starter combo pack w/ all that crap you mentioned, $25 of which will go towards the cost of the Polaris when you upgrade.

edit: My only question would be whether or not the LTI would still apply? I haven't dabbled with enough melting and upgrading to know the answer.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?