Funny RSI bug on profile page

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
For about two weeks now, I have noticed an unusually large number of members joining up who happened to be living in North Carolina.

Getting one or two would be interesting, getting 3,4,5, well something is wrong!

Today we get a member from Germany:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Engrius

What I see when I click that is that he is from Germany and North Carolina.

Turns out, I have been welcoming all these new members, asking them where in NC they are, and they have been thinking I am insane because they are not anywhere near NC!

Looks like some bug is putting your own location in where it should not be!

DAMN RSI! YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE A BIGGER FOOL THAN USUAL!

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .I have been welcoming all these new members, asking them where in NC they are, and they have been thinking I am insane because they are not anywhere near NC!
Doesn't matter. People will move. Discuss with them that you keep a 1/2 keg on tap for TEST friends, and NC will become the new center of the Star Citizen universe!

Beer bribery. It's for everyone!

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I mean NC has a lot to offer. There's furniture, BBQ, humidity, college basketball, plenty of craft beer, a new wave of craft distilleries, and lots more. Plus we're the only state where you'll find carnivorous plants growing natively and a chemical company dumping something called GenX in the water. No one really knows what GenX does but I'm pretty sure it puts us in the front running for giant mutant plants rising up and fighting the population.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I mean NC has a lot to offer. There's furniture, BBQ, humidity, college basketball, plenty of craft beer, a new wave of craft distilleries, and lots more. Plus we're the only state where you'll find carnivorous plants growing natively and a chemical company dumping something called GenX in the water. No one really knows what GenX does but I'm pretty sure it puts us in the front running for giant mutant plants rising up and fighting the population.
GenX is a fluoride based chemical, used in the manufacturer of plastic wrap for food, non-stick coatings like Teflon, and stuff like paint and fire fighting foam too. It is not biodegradable, and not water soluble, and has no current Federal guidelines with respect to contamination or toxicity levels, so therefore it is industrially safe. right? I mean the Feds would know if it wasn't safe. They would tell you.
[Audience instructions] Nod vigorously and applaud now.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
GenX is a fluoride based chemical, used in the manufacturer of plastic wrap for food, non-stick coatings like Teflon, and stuff like paint and fire fighting foam too. It is not biodegradable, and not water soluble, and has no current Federal guidelines with respect to contamination or toxicity levels, so therefore it is industrially safe. right? I mean the Feds would know if it wasn't safe. They would tell you.
[Audience instructions] Nod vigorously and applaud now.
Wait, whats "GenX"?
(Does Google Search...finds https://cen.acs.org/articles/96/i7/whats-genx-still-doing-in-the-water-downstream-of-a-chemours-plant.html)
Holy cow! Well, I guess if the water isn't catching on fire, then there's nothing to be worried about!

FYI--> PSA:
https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/camp-lejeune/

Forgot your password?