Game controller on touch pad for starcitizen with roccat power grid plugin

tcvcorp

Lieutenant
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
tcvcorp
Hello everyone, I introduce myself, tucourvite / tcvcorp I am French ... sorry;)
Rather than a long speech, here are the two vidéo of presentation:

artistic:

technical:

This plugin is in development since 2013, it has evolved greatly at the end of 2016 to the version 2.6 of the game. It continues to evolve over time.

I let you try, you will not be disappointed.

The link on roccat website for free download
My site with the explanations, and the documentation of the plugin: HERE

Good flight to all, and do not hesitate to make me your remarks on my site or in may mail ;)

Last edited:

tcvcorp

Lieutenant
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
tcvcorp
Hello indeed, I have to post a presentation ...
It takes me a little time, not being particularly clever in English ... I need a little time to prepare it ...

About this post , it is a copy of my presentation on the french site ... more easy do to for me ^^
On the other hand I put it here, because it is not (more) a technical question, but the presentation of a functional aplication, which should therefore be in a project or mod section for the game, Not seen this type of section here ...

In any case I will post tomorrow a presentation of me;)

thank you

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Hello indeed, I have to post a presentation ...
It takes me a little time, not being particularly clever in English ... I need a little time to prepare it ...

About this post , it is a copy of my presentation on the french site ... more easy do to for me ^^
On the other hand I put it here, because it is not (more) a technical question, but the presentation of a functional aplication, which should therefore be in a project or mod section for the game, Not seen this type of section here ...

In any case I will post tomorrow a presentation of me;)

thank you
Hehehehe, check out my intro, that was completely not how it had to be, my proof of being a TESTie :grin:

https://testsquadron.com/threads/hi-test-squadron.6876/

So don't worry about not being clever in English, as long as people understand what you are trying to say, everything is fine. It is not the grammar that counts, it is the message that you are trying to bring that counts.

ROCCAT will become interesting when the HUD gets more functional, controlling weapon groups, missiles, analog control over shield and power, feedback from SC to ROCCAT so you can see what your current settings are, your ship status, ammo quantity.
Simulated analog control should be possible if you can make a macro that simulates key press and key release as long as you press. Count the key presses and you should be able to calculate approximately your current setting. Now the challenge would be to present that current setting dynamically on you powergrid.
That would be a more satisfying result than binary control.

tcvcorp

Lieutenant
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
tcvcorp
Yes, for the moment, there are technical limitations, but I have already managed to emulate these controls on several controls (shield, energy, cameras ...) which are actually synchronized between the tablet and the hud of the game.
(On the 2.6 the hud is broken, but it works on the tablet, which allows to follow even if in play it is out of order) (I tested with the hud at the top of the constellations, it is still functional and Are well synchronized with my plugin)

The plugin will evolve as soon as the game allows to interact with external applications, it is already implemented in the code of my project, but there is no api on behalf of cig ... soon;)

Forgot your password?