Gamescom 2016 sale...what are you planning to buy?

Warmasterchief

Commander
Jul 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Warmasterchief
So the sale is going to start today...what are you guys planning to buy?

Since I'm a newbie, this is going to be my first sale, so I'm pretty curious and excited at the same time. I might purchase some ships with LTI to CCU to ships I want to get (i.e. Aquila, prospector if it's available, and a long ranged fighter). Also might pick up anything that's unique and interesting to fly.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I think the only ship I am interested in right now would be a mustang delta, but I might wait on that. I don't want to end up buying all my ships now. Would rather have some to get in game
Don't wait, the Delta is awesome!!!! I went into VS with one Sabre and one Hornet, both want to do this more often :cool:

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
So the sale is going to start today...what are you guys planning to buy?

Since I'm a newbie, this is going to be my first sale, so I'm pretty curious and excited at the same time. I might purchase some ships with LTI to CCU to ships I want to get (i.e. Aquila, prospector if it's available, and a long ranged fighter). Also might pick up anything that's unique and interesting to fly.
We don't know which ships will be available yet, nor what level of insurance. Typically when time-limited sale ships become available again they have not had LTI offered though. What we do know from the email is that 'some old favourites' will be available, and personally I'm hoping for a Mustang Delta. It always seems to be spoken of fondly, would fill a gap in my ship lineup, and perhaps most importantly won't break the bank ($65 on initial sale).

The 2015 Gamescom lineup was:

Aegis Retaliator
Anvil Carrack
Drake Caterpillar
RSI Orion
Aegis Reclaimer
Khartu-al (Xi’an Scout)
Banu Merchantman

Which was a great range of ships, with some hugely exciting choices, but nothing in what I would call the budget end of the range (/sadface).

We'll know more in an hour or two. Fun times :)

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Chris Robert's presentation will be visible on the Star Citizen twitch.tv channel, which just went live. it's only showing one of their old videos but you might want to log it on in the background if you are online.

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Edit note: 7400 people online, 45 minutes before the presentation. I feel a strong sense of kinship with my fellow sci-fi nerds at the moment ;)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Chris Robert's presentation will be visible on the Star Citizen twitch.tv channel, which just went live. it's only showing one of their old videos but you might want to log it on in the background if you are online.

Edit note: 7400 people online, 45 minutes before the presentation. I feel a strong sense of kinship with my fellow sci-fi nerds at the moment ;)
Seems like they're just replaying the trailers for the next 45 minutes . . .

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Also, I feel ya. This is an awesome moment to be a part of this community

Forgot your password?