GamesCom ship sale is about to start!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I could melt all my ships but my saber and reliant kore plus add 70 us dollars. I could get the package. crap, the more I thing of it the more I might. hate to loose the starfarer though. Owl, your making me second guess myself.
I could melt a few ships, get the UEE package, and have both a Beerfarer AND a Carrack. Or I could melt everything except my Cat Combo and get the mega pack and upgrade slowly from there. Although I think that having both the Aquila and the Carrack would be redundant.

My mental juices are flowing.
I would loose my Sabre and my Bucky, but I do have a separate bucky upgrade in my hanger, so I could reacquire that.
my starfarer was an upgrade. if I melt it, its gone
Me too. I was originally going to just upgrade it, as it makes me 100 immediately (bought for 240, upgrade value is 340), but I will actually save more at this point by melting all and buying the mega pack. 150 in savings, plus the 20000 UEC (20 value). Thing is, I'll end up with that redundancy AND I'll have a couple ships I don't need.
You'll regret it!
I may. I may not. I'm not one for regrets, haha.
you forget the SQ42 and SC games in the packages, much closer to $200USD savings.
Right, and the UEC for another 20 bucks in value.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I could melt a few ships, get the UEE package, and have both a Beerfarer AND a Carrack. Or I could melt everything except my Cat Combo and get the mega pack and upgrade slowly from there. Although I think that having both the Aquila and the Carrack would be redundant.

My mental juices are flowing.
I would loose my Sabre and my Bucky, but I do have a separate bucky upgrade in my hanger, so I could reacquire that.

Me too. I was originally going to just upgrade it, as it makes me 100 immediately (bought for 240, upgrade value is 340), but I will actually save more at this point by melting all and buying the mega pack. 150 in savings, plus the 20000 UEC (20 value). Thing is, I'll end up with that redundancy AND I'll have a couple ships I don't need.

I may. I may not. I'm not one for regrets, haha.

Right, and the UEC for another 20 bucks in value.
OK Blind Owl, I bit the bullet. I melted everything except my Kore and saber, bought the 9 hundred dollar explorer pack. Looks like I get to earn a starfarer in game. I decided I had to do it. Now my only concern is if the package includes the rover and greycat? they are not listed anywhere on the package.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
OK Blind Owl, I bit the bullet. I melted everything except my Kore and saber, bought the 9 hundred dollar explorer pack. Looks like I get to earn a starfarer in game. I decided I had to do it. Now my only concern is if the package includes the rover and greycat? they are not listed anywhere on the package.
They do. I'm sure Chris said that at the end of the stream. The carrack comes with the Rover. maybe not the greycat, but the rover for sure

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
My faithful Freelancer has made the ultimate sacrifice. It has thrown itself upon the fires of progress and been reforged as an LTI Terrapin. One day I shall be able to keep a Freelancer in my hanger for longer than two days.... But on the flip side, I also purchased a Taurus --> Freelancer MIS upgrade from Reddit. Now I just need to find an LTI Taurus.
Wait for the sale of the Argo that will com with lti, then ccu it to the Taurus

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'm a little bit angry that I couldn't resist....again. *sigh* Women, right? :(
Don't feel bad, this time it only cost you 50 bucks.... after heavy consideration.. (only 1 unmanned S5 turret.... not enough fireworks!!!!) I stayed firm. Luckily no Huricane :D
Just to leave my options open: I just bought the Taurus -> Terrapin CCU :eek:

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
Wait for the sale of the Argo that will com with lti, then ccu it to the Taurus
So the Argo is definitely going to have LTI on release? I know this has probably been covered before, I'm just hesitant to put all of my proverbial eggs into one Argo shaped basket. Don't really want to ride a supercharged Hype-Train into a brick wall when the Argo releases and only has 3-months of insurance.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
So the Argo is definitely going to have LTI on release? I know this has probably been covered before, I'm just hesitant to put all of my proverbial eggs into one Argo shaped basket. Don't really want to ride a supercharged Hype-Train into a brick wall when the Argo releases and only has 3-months of insurance.
LTI for sure

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yes. All concept sales have LTI

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
Yes. All concept sales have LTI
I'm just hesitant because every other concept sale (that I'm aware of) the only thing you get after you checkout is a (very awesome looking) screen saver. Where as the Argo never had a screen saver sale and is gonna be flight ready as soon as it's available.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I'm just hesitant because every other concept sale (that I'm aware of) the only thing you get after you checkout is a (very awesome looking) screen saver. Where as the Argo never had a screen saver sale and is gonna be flight ready as soon as it's available.
LTI is a safe bet because it has not been for sale yet.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
it almost pained me to melt my stand alone LTI carrack / Blade and a few bike packages, but the exploration mega pack was too good of a deal (even more so if you figure in 2x rovers)
I melted my LTI Carrack, my Caterpillar pack, a Buccaneer, and a Dragonfly for the megapack.

Do make note that the Mega-Pack comes with Squadron 42 download! So I may end up melting my Aurora since it is not LTI and was only there for the "game tax".

Jethaya

Captain
Dec 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Jethaya
i am wondering why you guys care so much about LTI ? i clearely remember many times where some CIG peoples said that insurance was NOT going to be a big expense and that we would get automatic renewal options

i do undestand that when you buy a ship if you can get LTI its better what i am confused with is the intelectual gymnastic some peoples do to acheive getting LTI for their ships

i hope i am not totaly wrong tho for my sake

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
i am wondering why you guys care so much about LTI ? i clearely remember many times where some CIG peoples said that insurance was NOT going to be a big expense and that we would get automatic renewal options

i do undestand that when you buy a ship if you can get LTI its better what i am confused with is the intelectual gymnastic some peoples do to acheive getting LTI for their ships

I have heard this too. Never underestimate the hoops a man will jump through for peace of mind. Insurance costs are exactly why I stopped playing Elite Dangerous. It became a shitshow of grind for credits until a glitch kills you and drains your bank accounts. HOPEFULLY it will be more common to disable a ship than it is to fully blow it up completely. That means insurance credits going into repair and not a full replacement. We shall see....

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

Its just for feeling more comfortable. I'm often too puzzled for recognizing the details of something, and LTI for me is the 100% insurance - crashing in some asteroid or dumb KI pirate AGAIN - that I've not forgotten anything but will become my ship back at (almost?) any time :)

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli

It's not supposed to be a huge deal. Although with as much as they tell people to not bother with it, I get a feeling it'll be worth more than you think.

Personally, I just don't want to forget and lose my ship because it ran out and I didn't think to pay the credits.

Forgot your password?