marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I think it was Myre but he was using the hornet F7c-M which got the unmanned turret with 2xS2, For the ghost you can only buy the turret mount where you can fit a S4 canon on it.
The turret mount can be bought with REk
Or you rent a Super Hornet and use its ball turret on the Ghost ;)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The ghost can use the exact same load out as a super hornet, and you can retain its stealth by shutting off the power to the weapons and/or using a ballistic setup. I see the ghost being a viable option for pirates (or anyone) who want/need to lie in wait until they can alpha something.
Since it appears the Tana will crumble when using harsh words, I am thinking more and more than an F7A with ghost gear and 8 Jokers will be the ultimate lie-in-wait bushwacker. Energy management is an issue, but so long as your target goes down fast and you don't need to shoot long, that may be the best privateering ship made. Combined with other ghosts that can use the Buck's S4 interdiction weapon to pull stuff out of jumpspace, could be too much fun.

Doctor Antelope

Admiral
Nov 7, 2014
RSI Handle
DoctorAntelope
i'm curious. Where did this F7Cloaner for the Ghost come from if the Ghost is currently Flyable? It should be a Ghost and not just and F7C.
Not really sure why you get a loaner. May just be something they haven't updated yet. Although since stealth hasn't been implemented but the weaker components on the ghost have, that may be the reason. You payed more for a specialized hornet that currently isn't really specialized.

Edit: To clarify, you get both. If you have the ghost you also have the F7C and can fly both. I can anyway, I have a Super, Ghost, and Banu, but I can fly the Super, Ghost, F7C, and Andromeda. Andromeda from the Banu and I'm pretty sure F7C from the Ghost.

Edit Again: Seem's I was mistaken about where the F7C loaner came from. It's likely also a loaner for the Banu.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
i'm curious. Where did this F7Cloaner for the Ghost come from if the Ghost is currently Flyable? It should be a Ghost and not just and F7C.
Not really sure why you get a loaner. May just be something they haven't updated yet. Although since stealth hasn't been implemented but the weaker components on the ghost have, that may be the reason. You payed more for a specialized hornet that currently isn't really specialized.

Edit: To clarify, you get both. If you have the ghost you also have the F7C and can fly both. I can anyway, I have a Super, Ghost, and Banu, but I can fly the Super, Ghost, F7C, and Andromeda. Andromeda from the Banu and I'm pretty sure F7C from the Ghost.
I have a Super Hornet and a Ghost CCUd from a F7C. I also have a F7C loaner from the Bucaneer. Before I CCUd the F7C, I had 2 F7Cs to fly. Not very practical because you can load weapons on one F7C, when picking a ship to fly you won't know which one you get.
After the CCU from F7C to F7CS I can fly the F7C (Buc loaner) and the F7CS.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker

I think you are getting the F7C loaner from the Banu. I'm getting F7C, Connie and Merlin loaners all from the Caterpillar with Dragonflies combo meal. When I just had Ghost and Freelancer, I only had Ghost and Freelancer available.

Doctor Antelope

Admiral
Nov 7, 2014
RSI Handle
DoctorAntelope
I think you are getting the F7C loaner from the Banu. I'm getting F7C, Connie and Merlin loaners all from the Caterpillar with Dragonflies combo meal. When I just had Ghost and Freelancer, I only had Ghost and Freelancer available.
Hmm, I think you're right. Looks like Xeowolf doesn't get the F7C either. I looked up a loaner ship list and it doesn't say anything about getting an F7C for the Banu, it only shows the Andromeda, must be an outdated list.

Sorry I spread misinformation folks :(...

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
You can fit better power plants and coolers to the hornet. Mine is equipped with j-star coolers and Aegis Regulus power plants.
I melted a few ships to equip it how I want it. They may or may not work yet but they will someday.
I beefed up a Hornet Tracker for more fuel and less visual profile. The F7C I melted stood out more.

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Got the crashes sorted out... yeah Needed an older driver.
I'm going to post images from my hanger module on the RSI website to show what I have. Then ask for advice for loading out a good fighter. I should have taken more time asking around before I got the Hornet Ghost. Not understanding that the whole reason the Ghost is supposed to be special isn't implemented yet. Which is kind of silly, IMO.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Got the crashes sorted out... yeah Needed an older driver.
I'm going to post images from my hanger module on the RSI website to show what I have. Then ask for advice for loading out a good fighter. I should have taken more time asking around before I got the Hornet Ghost. Not understanding that the whole reason the Ghost is supposed to be special isn't implemented yet. Which is kind of silly, IMO.
Allot of people bought ships that are not yet implemented, including me :D. Buying ships is the way to support CGI for making this game ;)

XeoWolf

Commander
Donor
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
XeoWolf_TEST
Allot of people bought ships that are not yet implemented, including me :D. Buying ships is the way to support CGI for making this game ;)
Understood, and I have no problem with supporting them. And I love the fact that in supporting them, we get to play the game and test everything. I'm not upset. :)

But like showing items like a digital manual as a part of a deal for your supporting the development, when the digital manual can't even be created yet is just silly to me. Might as well toss in a Real Life Dragonfly that they'll deliver some day when they create one. :P

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think you get the F7C-M for the terrapin, but now I'm afraid to say anything regarding loaners...
You are correct! You get a superhornet for the terrapin, you get a normal F7C for the prospector.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I think you get the F7C-M for the terrapin, but now I'm afraid to say anything regarding loaners...
Doesn't matter, if you are wrong and don't dare to tell, then nobody can correct you ;)

You are correct! You get a superhornet for the terrapin, you get a normal F7C for the prospector.
And right again, now your mistake is flattened out :D

Reactions: Arrogant Devil
Forgot your password?