GIB Carrack!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
One of the really nice things about the EX is that though you can improve it, it specs out so well as stock that you can fly it that way and not pay if you get burned. If you want to improve it, replacing the first cooler with a Snowblind and the second cooler with a Glacier means you can switch the secondary on, have higher EM, but be able to remove your IR very fast. So when you maneuver in stealth, you can kill that IR sig quickly. The Slipstream reactor gives more power with less EM. The EM and IR stats are off the chart low when you custom it, and for now we have to presume the radar cross section is going to be tiny.
Damn brother. The research you're putting into these ships and systems is putting me to shame. You're carving out quite the niche for yourself. Commendable.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Damn brother. The research you're putting into these ships and systems is putting me to shame. You're carving out quite the niche for yourself. Commendable.
That's kind of you, but it's really not that much work. Stick any ship into Hardpoint and click a component, and all the other available components come up, so you scan for the stats you want, like lowest EM, or fastest IR cooler, or fastest shield refresh, and you quickly get a strong sense of what the entire platform is capable of. Personally, I think when component swapping is out for real, we're all going to want to have on tap several choices for each component, so we can design around the mission, and this is just what CIG wants, because that means we keep buying stuff.

It also means though, that it's a special find when a platform comes with components that make it especially good at its job when all stock. The Razor EX is good stock, and though like every ship it can be made better, the fact it is so good stock means that on high risk missions you can fly it stock and not lose anything if you lose the ship. . .except your life.

BTW, the same combo of Slipstream reactor and Snowblind primary cooler hugely improves the Eclipse. So far as I know, no one has looked at just how hard to see the Eclipse can be made. It's an insanely low number--under 100 EM--and yet has more power and better cooling available than stock. Contrast that with the Raven that when customed and flown with shields and aux cooler off, has almost fifteen times the EM signature. There is no way to make the Raven so sneaky as an Eclipse or Razor, and if you're designing stealth assault wings, you need to know this. Fact is the Sentinel is almost as sneaky as the Raven, so why would you want a Raven? BTW, even the Mantis is hard as hell to see when equipped with Slipstream and Snowblind. Whod'a thunk it can have an EM sig as low as the Eclipse--but it can! That affects how you plan to use it.

I'm disappointed that somehow HP skipped over the Nautilus, but has the Mantis which came out later. Stealthing bigger ships is going to be more complex, methinks.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That's kind of you, but it's really not that much work. Stick any ship into Hardpoint and click a component, and all the other available components come up, so you scan for the stats you want, like lowest EM, or fastest IR cooler, or fastest shield refresh, and you quickly get a strong sense of what the entire platform is capable of. Personally, I think when component swapping is out for real, we're all going to want to have on tap several choices for each component, so we can design around the mission, and this is just what CIG wants, because that means we keep buying stuff.

It also means though, that it's a special find when a platform comes with components that make it especially good at its job when all stock. The Razor EX is good stock, and though like every ship it can be made better, the fact it is so good stock means that on high risk missions you can fly it stock and not lose anything if you lose the ship. . .except your life.

BTW, the same combo of Slipstream reactor and Snowblind primary cooler hugely improves the Eclipse. So far as I know, no one has looked at just how hard to see the Eclipse can be made. It's an insanely low number--under 100 EM--and yet has more power and better cooling available than stock. Contrast that with the Raven that when customed and flown with shields and aux cooler off, has almost fifteen times the EM signature. There is no way to make the Raven so sneaky as an Eclipse or Razor, and if you're designing stealth assault wings, you need to know this. Fact is the Sentinel is almost as sneaky as the Raven, so why would you want a Raven? BTW, even the Mantis is hard as hell to see when equipped with Slipstream and Snowblind. Whod'a thunk it can have an EM sig as low as the Eclipse--but it can! That affects how you plan to use it.

I'm disappointed that somehow HP skipped over the Nautilus, but has the Mantis which came out later. Stealthing bigger ships is going to be more complex, methinks.
Haha, regardless of whether it's just HP or not, your still putting the thought in.
I'm going to have to dive into this website and check out the different builds for my ships.
Word is, the Sentinel's EMP makes short work of the Carrack, so don't plan to fly it without PCs on those turrets! You need manned turrets to make boarding difficult.
Lol, glad I have both ships.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
So it's moaning but not squirting? That's not very encouraging.
Maybe it has performance anxiety in high stress situations or in public. Tell you what, take it back alone into Arena Commander where no one else is around and see how she handles in there, get the kinks worked out, kinda reherse the movements and the stroking the button in a loving fashion, and then when your both ready *BAM* you click that little magic button and watch the fireworks happen baby! It might help with some Marvin Gaye in the background too.....

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Maybe it has performance anxiety in high stress situations or in public. Tell you what, take it back alone into Arena Commander where no one else is around and see how she handles in there, get the kinks worked out, kinda reherse the movements and the stroking the button in a loving fashion, and then when your both ready *BAM* you click that little magic button and watch the fireworks happen baby! It might help with some Marvin Gaye in the background too.....
Printing this out for...reference.

Forgot your password?