GIB Carrack!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
The value is actually the same between both. 265 extra value. Not that I've done the math, haha.
The savings number may be the same, but the percentage savings is what's important.

If you save $200 of a $700 thing and $200 off a $1200 thing, you're getting way more value with the cheaper one. At least when it comes to digital space ships.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The savings number may be the same, but the percentage savings is what's important.

If you save $200 of a $700 thing and $200 off a $1200 thing, you're getting way more value with the cheaper one. At least when it comes to digital space ships.
Then look at the value if you save 265 on a 495 package.
Screenshot_20200218-231637_Chrome.jpg

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
But you'd have to have spent $1,000 to be able to buy the exploration package, right? I'm not quite there yet =/
Honestly, create a ticket with CIG. Ask them to make the package available for you. It worked back in the day (didn't work for me tbh) but it could work for you.

Otherwise, we have people in test willing to buy and sell. I've bought from Elmy before - https://testsquadron.com/threads/buybacks-available.10112/

If there's a will, there's a way!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
This thread has made me think: Whats everyone else done to their Explorer packs?

Here's mine:
View attachment 14987
I got the old mega-pack that came with 6 ships. Upgraded all but the Dragonfly, but that'll probably be turned into a fighter ship, Banu Defender most likely. The C2 is turning into an A2 as soon as I can get the upgrade path for the upgrade I got for it.
Screenshot_20200219-073712_Chrome.jpg

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I consolidated my fleet back in November where I basically melted nearly everything then purchased CCUs to replace the ships I didn't want out of my Explorer pack. So the only two original ships remaining here are the Cyclone and the Carrack.

Capture2.JPG

I also have, if anybody is interested...

Capture1.JPG

I grabbed 4 of these recently with the intent of selling them later when the Carrack releases and the price goes up. That said, they set me back a whopping $25.00 each, so I'd sell them to any TESTie for the original price.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That's honestly a ship I'd never considered.
All stats, abilities and appearances are subject to change, but right now it's one sweet ride and don't forget that cab can dive into the corona of a star. A wing of Hornets ain't gonna be shit to it.

GIB ENDEAVOR

GIB.jpg

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
All stats, abilities and appearances are subject to change, but right now it's one sweet ride and don't forget that cab can dive into the corona of a star. A wing of Hornets ain't gonna be shit to it.

GIB ENDEAVOR
Hmm I'll have to consider it for the next fall sale.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The problem with the Endeavor is that it's overall functionality is based on the components that you equip on to it with some combinations not being possible at all.
The problem with the carrot is the End-Game explorer ship is now more attainable than it is 😉

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

GIB ENDEAVOR

View attachment 14993
So that's where the virus came from. Some crazy drunken crew was having an orgy, got a bit too close to a star & 1 of them had a nasty flu at that time which mutated.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hmm I'll have to consider it for the next fall sale.
Word of warning, at its concept sale it was stated it would not be out until ALL of it's mechanics are in. That means it's likely to be the last ship in the game, unless they need the Hope for s42 and bring it in early in just that incarnation (e.g. easily placeable respawn point in s42).

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Word of warning, at its concept sale it was stated it would not be out until ALL of it's mechanics are in. That means it's likely to be the last ship in the game, unless they need the Hope for s42 and bring it in early in just that incarnation (e.g. easily placeable respawn point in s42).
Oh trust me, I'm all too familiar with the whole concept bit and waiting for a ship to be implemented in game...

Capture.JPG

GIB REDEEMER!!

Drykhan

Captain
Donor
Apr 29, 2019
RSI Handle
DryKhan
Stop punishing yourselves and just get a base Endeavor - with the price hike it's cheaper, bigger, better, the cab is going to be the tankiest of tanky ships, whats not to love?
i honestly would think that the endeavor would be a nice ship to own but keeping it manned seams like it might be a chore

sharpeone

Admiral
Dec 30, 2019
RSI Handle
Sharpeone
But you'd have to have spent $1,000 to be able to buy the exploration package, right? I'm not quite there yet =/
Actually it is above $750 to get the exploration pack. As soon as I passed that threshold, the Chairman's Club packages started showing up for me.
This thread has made me think: Whats everyone else done to their Explorer packs?

Here's mine:
Ooh, I would be very interested to see what others have done with their Explorer packs. I just picked mine up recently and haven't decided which direction to go quite yet. I love mining, so I thought about the Prospector from the Freelancer DUR, or maybe the Argo Mole.

I'll probably end up upgrading, melting, rebuying, CCU'ng, melting, and so on....

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'll probably end up upgrading, melting, rebuying, CCU'ng, melting, and so on....
Careful. If your package total value goes over $1000, even from CCUs, you'll have to submit a ticket to have it melted. Did that to mine once. It's sitting at $1230 now, so I'd have to do that again.

Forgot your password?