Give me your Anthem feedback!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
btw, if you have or can get your hands on an extra demo key you can make a dummy origin account to try the other javelins out. Friend of mine didnt use his so I got to try Colossus and intercepter (which I didnt enjoy as much as I hoped haha)
OH MY GOD, why didn't I think of that? Thank you!

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I have noticed when doing the regular missions or helping out people on those missions, plays great, any of the other free play stuff, game rubber bands like crazy

Reactions: supitza

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I just got finish playing about two hours in free play and got some nice blue drops.. and I'm changing my mind.. I think I'm gonna play this a lot when it releases. The free play flying around solo and killing shit to level and gear up.. works for me.

Reactions: Scape and supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I just want to play the damn game. But after 36 hours of troubleshooting, the effing game still won't even launch. Which is weird, because it did on Thursday.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
I just got finish playing about two hours in free play and got some nice blue drops.. and I'm changing my mind.. I think I'm gonna play this a lot when it releases. The free play flying around solo and killing shit to level and gear up.. works for me.
Oh?I tried freeplay for about 30 minutes, flew around in circles like and idiot and found almost nothing. I must be doing something wrong.

Reactions: Scape

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Oh?I tried freeplay for about 30 minutes, flew around in circles like and idiot and found almost nothing. I must be doing something wrong.
Bro.... you need to pull out your Dora the Explorer mode and go hunting for missions, they're scattered all over the place and the strong guys drop blue loot often.
I fly around a shit ton and stay perched like a bird when soloing so I don't get my ass kicked from being swarmed on the ground.

And I widdle down the bad guys until there's little enough to survive going in close and smack a mole their faces.

Edit:
Oh.. and have I said before how much I love Spark Beams?
Cuz I really LOVE Spark Beams

Last edited:

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
When I wasn’t being kicked out, I had a lot of fun, mostly because of the flight mechanic. With the mouse sensitivity turned up it’s a lot better, and the suit customisation is really pretty good.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I was playing a mission with 2 other people. Both of them randomly get kicked, so I think to myself "okay, I can do this".
5 minutes later, in the middle of the fucking mission, while I was fighting some enemies, out of nowhere pops a loading screen. And the game freezes.

Cancelling my preorder.
I will probably buy the game and play it once all the bugs are ironed out, but it's 2019 and I'm not paying 60 EUR for this.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I lost all my loot when the stronghold mission crashed seconds before we killed the boss . Apparantly the loot is being saved after you finish the mission, on that screen where they show you the drops.

I know because I had 4 blues and when I restarted the game and found myself back in Tarsis with 0 blues.

Hope they fixed that in the latest build.

Edit: I crashed while holding a relic. When I logged back in the relic was gone making it impossible to continue the stronghold.

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I killed the spider boss, got a rare sniper rifle that seemed good until I used it. Okay, thought to myself lets try that again with randos since I've had success with random teams. Well... the next game was 3 of the worst players I've EVER seen in my life play a co-op game. Like complete absolute horse S#^% players eating bullets to the face for breakfast but dying like little slut &*^%$es that just got ran over by a train. The WORST. dear lord that was horrible. And when I left, it kept putting me back into the same mission instead of the main menu. Okay, that's broken.

Another bug besides people that should NOT be playing this game because they're so horribly awful at it....
Sometimes when you Ultimate with Storm the Ultimate HUD stays.. this is really bad when you try to swim through the caverns because the ultimate iris blocks your view.. not to mention no hud to know what your health is. I had to charge up killing mobs like that until I could do another ultimate which doing a second ultimate would get rid of that bug.
2019-01-27 (3).png

2019-01-27 (2).png

2019-01-27 (4).png

And OFC... The no respawn bug.. when it does a timer but doesn't respawn you, not the exact screen I had but close, was just really annoyed here.. for reasons.
2019-01-27 (12).png

This is not an $80 game.. and there's just a few weeks out and there's tons of issues and Bioware is just publishing excuses instead of sincerely apologizing by specifically addressing these issues with an immediate plan of action and some transparency and honesty. And then they offer an "extra skin" as recompense for the issues. So what... I myself am sick of big titles doing this shit before launch. I gave Bethesda a chance because of fallout franchise.. Terrible launch... I gave Atlas a chance.. fml that was terrible launch... I gave Bioware benefit of the doubt and pre-ordered Legion of Dawn edition of Anthem... guys, and gals... chances are pretty good this is gonna also be a terrible launch. There's a lot of other issues I didn't mention which people are tweeting about like crazy, rubber banding, connection issues.. which they addressed in the press release... This is the new norm.. and I'm gonna have to agree with many that say to never pre-order anymore. ... I NEED to, going forward, ONLY pre-order Star Citizen spaceships from now on.. NOT ONE SINGLE OTHER GAME developer is gonna get my trust again. I really hope I remember to not fall sucker to marketing again from this industry.

The only redeeming quality for me in why I'm not refunding this title like I did Atlas...
Look at how sexy my Storm Javelin looks... mmmmm mmmm mmmmmmmmm talk dirty to me
2019-01-27 (8).png

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Read all your reviews so far, and I feel like I'm reading reviews of an early SC alpha, or much worse, Fallout 76. Not a good sign.
I can see 50gb day 1 patch on the horizon already... I hope they fix it for you guys.
I got some questions though:

-is this forced co-op missions only? Is there a way to do story missions solo?

-is this the same deal as in Destiny where you got one hub, an open world to do nothing in (apart from the usual random kill-all quests and events), and separate instanced story missions?

-can you do proper doubletaps to kill an enemy or is this way too fast, messy and chaotic and every enemy is a bulletsponge?

After reading all this I'm definitely not paying a cent until it gets on origin basic. Even then, if the answer to my first question is yes, I'm not getting this ever.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Look, this game doesn't go live for another month, outside of a few crashes and some latency here and there I found my 6-8 hrs of gaming pretty fun, is it perfect? No its a demo things will change before it goes live, is this game the 2019 game of the year? Prolly not but I don't think any of us had that expectation even though a few people sound like their expectations were set a bit high. Is this game on par with Destiny? I think absolutely. Is it on par with Warframe? This is tough because Warframe is free to play with options to buy additional stuff, I don't think as many people would say Warframe is as good as it is if they had to pay 60$ for the original title and extra for DLC and another 40-60$ for the expansion, but that is what made Warframe stand out it was a free to play monster of a game.

All in all I say if your going to be playing Division 2 and don't like to waste $$ then don't spend it on Anthem you are only going to a month out of the game, if you are like me and bored off your ass right now and don't mind blowing the 60$$ then I think this game will keep you happy for the next 30-60 days. And besides the first Division was a huge disaster I always have this fear of Ubisoft ruining it for me after so many previous let downs, Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor and the Division were all huge disappointments for me so if Division 2 ends up sucking (which i doubt) I still have Anthem to continue with lmao!!

Reactions: Scape

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Read all your reviews so far, and I feel like I'm reading reviews of an early SC alpha, or much worse, Fallout 76. Not a good sign.
I can see 50gb day 1 patch on the horizon already... I hope they fix it for you guys.
I got some questions though:

-is this forced co-op missions only? Is there a way to do story missions solo?

-is this the same deal as in Destiny where you got one hub, an open world to do nothing in (apart from the usual random kill-all quests and events), and separate instanced story missions?

-can you do proper doubletaps to kill an enemy or is this way too fast, messy and chaotic and every enemy is a bulletsponge?

After reading all this I'm definitely not paying a cent until it gets on origin basic. Even then, if the answer to my first question is yes, I'm not getting this ever.
You can do missions solo, but currently it seems enemies do not scale so they are more difficult if done so, hopefully a Borderlands like systems gets implemented for dynamic scaling of enemies, otherwise it kind of forces you to play co-op.

The various enemies have different health so there are some you can 1 or 2 shot, then some that require a bit more work, but Destiny enemies are the best comparison (think Acolytes and Witches) to use.

And yea, it does seem like Fort Tarsis is home base where you customize loadouts and armor and pick missions or free roam.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Dumb question lads: anyone have a spare demo key laying around? I gave mine away, and there may be a fix where if I create a second account, use a code, start the game, it may bypass whatever is blocking my main account.
Day 3 of troubleshooting. Still can't even launch the game.

Reactions: supitza
Forgot your password?