Graphics Cards Died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
Goal has been met, thank you so much to everyone who donated to get me a new graphics card after mine died. It means a lot and i seriously appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trick Shot Bob

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I'd send you my 5870, but I think it's too outdated for you. :|

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Its been a pleasure having you hang around 24/7 for the past few months, we are going to miss you!

That said, you are doing the right thing. Get yourself back on track.

Gaming and PCs are still going to be here, and we want to see TEST patches on your military uniform!

Renshnard

Vice Admiral
Dec 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Renshnard
Good luck man, and sorry to hear about the card. It's been fun hang in mumble and shooting shit with ya. It's good you have your priorities straight though. You can always stop in mumble and hang out though.

Peace and good luck.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
A decent mid range card like 970 or 290 is only a paycheck away. Better to upgrade often than go big once in a while

Actually, i've heard several people disapprove of you mentioning that you haven't worked a day in your life. Saying: "It's not actually a good thing"
Of course, beeining the good virtual friend that i am, i always step up and say: "stop it EVERYONE. Horizonz is a cool dude with rad tats. If he ever hear you talk behind his back like that, it would break his tender heart. Yes i know he refuses to use Push to Talk, but be gentle. Make love not war"

*wipes a tear

Anyway, good luck with your journey man. I bet you'll easily get x2 495-595 once you get to wherever you are going. Meanwhile we'll keep your beer cold and your virtual seat hot (with our love of course)

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
Ahaha guys guys, you're all sounding like i wont log on ever again and you'll never hear my annoying voice activity again.
I'll be around, i can still get onto mumble with the stupid Mac now and then. Just you know, wont be on as much or on any games :')
Going to try and some how get a 290x again but may take a few months, most likely 4 or 5. anyway ill jump on mumble tomorrow afternoon sometime if i can.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Ahaha guys guys, you're all sounding like i wont log on ever again and you'll never hear my annoying voice activity again.
I'll be around, i can still get onto mumble with the stupid Mac now and then. Just you know, wont be on as much or on any games :')
Going to try and some how get a 290x again but may take a few months, most likely 4 or 5. anyway ill jump on mumble tomorrow afternoon sometime if i can.
If you listen closely, its almost as if his digital heart is still beating.
Goodbye virtual friend, goodbye

Reactions: Myre and Renshnard

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Macaque
I was going to say somethin'.. But everyone else said what I was thinkin'.. I am, in all honesty and seriousness, am a cheap bastard.. And probably wouldn't be able to send you my card.. Until AFTER Pascal comes out, or whatever the next Nvidia series.. This makes me sad..

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
If any of you want to help, I have a "GoFundMe" account I made this morning, a few friends said if i put it up they'd donate a little towards a replacement card for me, so I have that up now, I think the links- http://www.gofundme.com/vaa2x5s that or http://www.gofundme.com/MyGraphicsProblem
Any help is seriously appreciated and wont be forgotten, so thank you to anyone that does in advance. But please dont feel inclined to do that.

Anyway thanks to everyone for putting up with my voice activity, ill be back soon to annoy you all :) i hope.

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
Good luck with the Navy dude; I guess I might see you in the fleet.
I would help with your card but I am also poor 22 year old. :/

PaulEPeptide

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2013
RSI Handle
PaulEPeptide
I'll probably upgrade in the next month or two, which means I'll have a 7970 to donate if that'll hold you over for a while. I'm waiting to see how the 390x/980ti specs shake out.

Ichiru

Space Marshal
Aug 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Ichiru
I have been asked to upgrade my mates PC in the next few weeks so should have access to a spare gtx 460 soon. It wont run star citizen (or it will run it at 1 frame per minute) but at least you'll be able to use your machine for general stuff.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Try to bake the card. If your cards didn't have a backplate they might have warped and broke the connection. If it is broken it won't get worse than it is. Preheat oven to 280'C stick it in for 10minutes and then take it out and stick it in the pc. might work. Also remove all plastic from it before baking. Don't worry about thermal pads, they will be fine. Just any plastic casings etc.

What you do by baking it is melting the solder lines and reforming cracked connections between the pcb and components on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?