GRASP FPS Training

Speedshot

Captain
Aug 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Speedshot
I work days on the weekends, if you ever decide to run the training in some evenings I could really use the help..... Also looking for people that just like to run around doing whatever. I'm still very new to the pre-game.

Reactions: Blind Owl

spectre44

Admiral
Feb 4, 2017
RSI Handle
spectre44
So here is what I am doing. I am forming GRASP combat group. Grasp stands for GRound Air and SPace. It is the SEAL teams of Test squadron (aka drunk SEALs) The goal is to promote FPS training and combat proficiency.
This is accomplished by weekly training events. I will am taking lead on North America training (all time zones welcome, just being set to work with NA) I will be holding the training every Saturday at 2pm EST (Starting the 7th of January) I plan on being on for 2-3 hours. come whenever, leave whenever.

what is GRASP's end goal? Well the idea is to get as many people to work together and understand tactics and FPS game play. On top of that I want to form more dedicated members into strike team to work together for the goal of bounty hunting/security NO PIRATES ;) inside the PU.

How does GRASP work? Well it is simple, we have weekly training events. you come, you learn. You want more? Ask to be put in a team, we will form a team of people that can train more on your time frame. and people you enjoy playing with.

If we are going to be in team what is the importance of group training? Well first you will not always be out in the verse with your team, so we want everyone to know the basics of how we work, and be able to work with any group, IE understanding tactics and being able to fight with a team without getting in their way.

What makes you qualified to run this? Most importantly I want this to happen, and I am taking infinitive. I also have 3 years if Infantry training in the US Army. as well as several thousand hours in FPS games.

Are you going to order me around? No, This is not a military. I will put events together, help with the training, set up standard operating procedure (SOP), and try to solve any issues I can. Teams will have more SOPs then persons, and most of them will be left to the team it's self. One key rule will be if you get assistance from a team (in PU) you follow their lead if you want their help.

So what will I learn if I come? Everything we can teach you about the FPS game it's self, tactics, callsigns, how to use the weapons of your choice, ETC.

What can I expect if I join a team? Well every team will be different, but the idea is to focus on ~4 men teams. And that is up to you and yours. I will give any advice I have when asked but will not go sticking my nose in. I will encourage team-on-team practice.

What will a open training day look like? Well to start I am planning on focusing on three key points, and will change as needed. The three parts are, Weapons training, Tactics, and end with full games.

Staff edit: Please use TEST's discord: discord.testsquadron.com
We have a backup Discord if we end up having issues inside the Test Discord. And if Teams wish to have a little more privacy when training.

More Questions? more then happy to answer.
I see you have a GRASP event on Feb 25. How do I join the event? Will a room on Test discord be set up?

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I see you have a GRASP event on Feb 25. How do I join the event? Will a room on Test discord be set up?
Yes, just join discord at 12:00 EST (-5GMT) and look for the "GRASP FPS Training" room

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Hey guys, totally sorry, but I forgot I have finials this week so I am in a studying craze. I will see you guys next week. Also I am making a Discord group chat to make it easy to keep all interested people in the loop easily. just friend me on discord, and message me that you are there for Star Citizen FPS.

Speedshot

Captain
Aug 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Speedshot
Looking for some fellows to practice FPS with or just shoot the shit out of each other in the evenings, like tonight? I going to be free a lot of evenings. Sometimes a couple of us get in SC and hold Kareah or practice our pirate skills....

Forgot your password?